Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why Is The North Better Than South??

Why Is The North Better Than South??

Old Jun 11th 2006, 7:43 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Why Is The North Better Than South??

Hi there, everyone says that the north of brisbane is better than south of the river, can anyone shed some light on why this is????
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Is The North Better Than South??

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Hi there, everyone says that the north of brisbane is better than south of the river, can anyone shed some light on why this is????
I think it might be a case of those that live North of the river think it is best and those that live South think south is best. We much prefer south of the river. I can't give you a reason for this really, we just prefer south.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

worplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to all

We came from Leeds and now live in south Brisbane (Forest Lake), we think it is fantastic place to live.
I think the north has some of the posh areas, however it varies from suburb to suburb.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:33 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Why Is The North Better Than South??

We live in the North and like it as unlike England it's not 'cold up north'... think like previous poster it's matter of choice.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 5:35 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by annqldau
We live in the North and like it as unlike England it's not 'cold up north'... think like previous poster it's matter of choice.
thanks, we will have to see what we think when we get there! we were looking at forest lake aswell, how long does it take to get to the CBD for work by car? thanks Pete.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Thought this was a thread about Perth!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:05 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
Isn't that west
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Isn't that west
No, people in Perth often mention the 'Northern Suburbs', or 'South of the River'.
This was a post about the regions of a city, I thought, not the location of a city.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:45 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

No, people in Perth often mention the 'Northern Suburbs', or 'South of the River'.
This was a post about the regions of a city, I thought, not the location of a city.
Agree, but Perth wasn't even mentioned in the title

Reminds me of a phone conversationn I had with someone recently.

I was trying to spell over the phone....and I said "B" for Berty......and the person concerned thought I said "D" for Dirty

Where was their mind wondering I wonder
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

same here.... preference thing

started out in the north, but decided that we wanted to live in the inner south... so ended up in woolloongabba!

have a friend who lives in the north and hates the south!!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by YoSemite
same here.... preference thing

started out in the north, but decided that we wanted to live in the inner south... so ended up in woolloongabba!

have a friend who lives in the north and hates the south!!
Nice to meet you the other night although we didn't get the chance to chat... think you got stuck with the hubby and I was in indepth conversation re nursing at the other end. You can't help being a 'Southerner' was the same in the UK... .
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So did I, always hearing about NOR and SOR regarding Perth. Nowhere was mentioned in the thread so who was to know
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Nice to meet you the other night although we didn't get the chance to chat... think you got stuck with the hubby and I was in indepth conversation re nursing at the other end. You can't help being a 'Southerner' was the same in the UK... .
your OH got stuck with my OH!!! hehehehehe Your hubby won a few more fans that night! OH thought he was v funny!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
I think it might be a case of those that live North of the river think it is best and those that live South think south is best. We much prefer south of the river. I can't give you a reason for this really, we just prefer south.
Agree (with the first part - I'm NoR, so I much prefer North ) I can't give a reason either, most of my family and friends here on the north side think the same too. It's a proper little north south divided thing happening in Brissy. South siders? Mexicans!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by YoSemite
your OH got stuck with my OH!!! hehehehehe Your hubby won a few more fans that night! OH thought he was v funny!
She must have been pissed...LOL...I get stuck with him all the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.