Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why is no one at work? i've got things to do!!!!

Wikiposts

Why is no one at work? i've got things to do!!!!

Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:30 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is no one at work? i've got things to do!!!!

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Im fairly warm. Suspect it's cos I've pissed mesen laughin a few times toneet

Seriously, not too bad tonight weather wise. Still coolish on an evening so still got fleecy jimjams on [not a good look ]....but during the day it luuuurvly.

During the day it's aboot 23 degrees, blue skies, warm sun

And its winter
Jimjams??? I've only just turned the aircon off
Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:34 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
heaven!!!
its about 12 degrees here - the kids are out on the garden in their wellies and kagools!!!!

sue
Its not even 12 degrees here & its 10pm in the middle of winter! LOL
Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:37 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by wmoore
Jimjams??? I've only just turned the aircon off
Yep....we were like that last year.

Wait till you become a Pommie native

Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:39 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Yep....we were like that last year.

Wait till you become a Pommie native
I know, can't wait for that
Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:41 am
Phoenixuk2oz

I know, can't wait for that
D'ya like it so far Wayne?

Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:44 am
What's happening dudes?

D'ya like it so far Wayne?
Both of us have been walking around with cheesy grins so far. I know it's early days and we're still sort of on holiday but it's all good. We've been up and down the coast exploring (we have use of a car with our rental and the landlord keeps giving us money to put fuel in. Who are we to argue? ) and got totally lost this afternoon trying to find Oxford street It didn't matter much though, there was no rush to be anywhere.

I have a job interview but the woman I need to arrange it with is off until Tuesday. And that's without even making much of an effort to start looking.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:56 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Both of us have been walking around with cheesy grins so far. I know it's early days and we're still sort of on holiday but it's all good. We've been up and down the coast exploring (we have use of a car with our rental and the landlord keeps giving us money to put fuel in. Who are we to argue? ) and got totally lost this afternoon trying to find Oxford street It didn't matter much though, there was no rush to be anywhere.

I have a job interview but the woman I need to arrange it with is off until Tuesday. And that's without even making much of an effort to start looking.

Good to hear you're enjoying it so far Wayne! Weathers been pretty good so far eh? We arrived around this time last year and had wall to wall sunshine for 6 weeks. Mrs Dagboy was probably foaming at the mouth by the end of it

Anyway, if I don't get chance to say it before Tuesday, good luck with the interview!

Interviews here a pretty informal, they like it if you turn up with a chilled 6 pack of VB, and a few ciggies to pass around.

ADL (JTL)

(warning, I do talk bollox occasionally)
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:00 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Great news. Am chuffed to bits you're both happy

Yep....it's early days. You'll get great days and not so great....key is to put em into perspective.

Good luck with the job Wayne. Keeping everything crossed for you

Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:18 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

think debbie must be getting some work done at last!!!!

...she must have strong will power.....
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:33 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Good to hear you're enjoying it so far Wayne! Weathers been pretty good so far eh? We arrived around this time last year and had wall to wall sunshine for 6 weeks. Mrs Dagboy was probably foaming at the mouth by the end of it

Anyway, if I don't get chance to say it before Tuesday, good luck with the interview!

Interviews here a pretty informal, they like it if you turn up with a chilled 6 pack of VB, and a few ciggies to pass around.

ADL (JTL)

(warning, I do talk bollox occasionally)
Really? I'd never noticed Cheers anyway. It's not a fantastic job but it's a job. And more importantly, a foot on the ladder.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:33 am
What's happening dudes?

Great news. Am chuffed to bits you're both happy

Yep....it's early days. You'll get great days and not so great....key is to put em into perspective.

Good luck with the job Wayne. Keeping everything crossed for you
Cheers.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:58 am
Just Joined

:-) Beth :-) is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers.
am back and guess what have done bugger all!!!! mainly because inland revenue, nice people (my arse!!!) have written to tell me that my tax credits have been overpaid by 3 an half k!!!!! :scared: and i have been dragging myself distraught from the carpet!

anyway sue, what a shame about missing a meet, wish i'd known, well we'll have to organise the next one so we can be there, even if its just me an you turn up!

do tell sue, aka tiredwithtwins......where are the twins whilst you're tap tapping on expats? bet you've enrolled them in summer school eh!!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:00 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by :-) Beth :-)
do tell sue, aka tiredwithtwins......where are the twins whilst you're tap tapping on expats? bet you've enrolled them in summer school eh!!

they are outside making mudpies in their wellies
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

sorry sue, daughter now on expats an forgot to sign off.....so just to clarify...its me!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:01 am

hiya debs....

dont worry about the wftc tw'ts....they did the same to me

Last edited by tiredwithtwins; Jul 28th 2005 at 2:04 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.