Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why Move To Australia

Wikiposts

Why Move To Australia

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 1:13 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Megalania
No wonder you're swapping recipies:
Kenfig Hill, Glamorgan
Cor! A web link from Megalomaniac! What a surprise!

Did you have to go looking specially, or was it one you'd cooked earlier?

As I said, I left there when I was 10. Came to Australia.

Go on - give us a link to "Australia".
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 1:14 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Ah, ah ah!!! No removing posts once you've made them! That's cheating!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 1:27 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by downunderpom
Cor! A web link from Megalomaniac! What a surprise!

Did you have to go looking specially, or was it one you'd cooked earlier?

As I said, I left there when I was 10. Came to Australia.

Go on - give us a link to "Australia".
Endless Summer: Only the strongest will survive:

Old Feb 28th 2004, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Ansy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why Move To Australia

Hey, there's great weather, wonderful beaches, laid-back lifestyle. warmer climate. I bet you those who complain about Aus would complain even about the paradise island/Bahamas
Old Feb 29th 2004, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why Move To Australia

I reckon most of the moaners expect Australia to be exactly the same if not better than the UK, its thousands of miles away for Gods sake it is different, different is not always worse.

1 Banks............ yes do charge more get used to it
2 Creepy crawlies..... not as common as led to expect
3 Loads of areas just dont focus on cities quite often more job opportunities in smaller towns
4 Yes higher tax but not as many stealth taxes Aussies are quite open with the taxes
5 See 4
6 True
7 GST cheaper than VAT
8 Possums ???
9 Snakes been here several times and lived here 4 months never seen one
10 Heat.. Its bloody Australia do research. Humidity dont go to brisbane.
11 Rain dont go Melbourne
12 Medicare ??
13 werent particularily cheap in UK as far as I can remember most of the ones in my town (in UK) stopped doing nhs and were all private
14 Lack of british food a bonus

Read between the lines of the moaners.

Originally posted by Me_not_You
Hi,

I am just starting the process of getting a visa, and luckily found this website which is useful and answers questions I didn't know I had.

However, I am getting more and more concerned that the majority of posts by people already in Australia are very negative. There are a lot of complaints about things like:
1. Banks
2. Creepy crawlies
3. ALL areas - I've never seen anyone recommend an area that can be afforded by a non-millionaire
4. High tax
5. Lack of jobs
6. Expensive travel
7. GST
8. Possums
9. Snakes
10. Heat / humidity
11. Rain (Melbourne)
12. Medicare
13. Dentist's charges
14. Lack of BRITISH food

Is there anybody already migrated to Australia, been there for more than a month, and actually likes it? I would love to hear what people genuinely like about Oz, what is great, what is better than they expected etc.

I presume all the people who constantly moan about everything Australian are planning to return to the UK?

Thanks for any responses I get.

Me