Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why I'm leaving the UK....

Why I'm leaving the UK....

Old Dec 19th 2003, 10:13 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dracupg
Boeing had some plans well in progress for this, but they have had a bit of a “reshuffle� at the top due to some dodgy dealing with the US military, so it was the first idea against the wall when the new blokes arrived.
it would be absolutely phenomenal if they could pull it off. If that does happen, and was relatively affordable I would think it would be boom times for aus/nz economies and tourism etc.

You can have all the video conferences and electronic methods you like - but its not quite like being there.

a 3 hour flight would make aus/nz far less isolated. maybe in my lifetime....
Old Jan 13th 2004, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

bob1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why I'm leaving the UK....

that really is one of the best posts that i've read on this website. really made me think, cheers
Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:54 pm
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all
Default Re: Why I'm leaving the UK....

Originally posted by bob1234
that really is one of the best posts that i've read on this website. really made me think, cheers
j & J

just read your post again.

It has made me realise that I need to keep my feet on the ground when planning to emigrate to NZ. Have a contingency plan, just in case, rather than rose tinted spectacles.

What you say about family is very true. Whilst my kids are the ppart of my family I need to consider, it also was my parents and siblings who partly made me who I am.
This is where I get wobbly at the though of leaving them behind.

Enjoy what you have left in the UK.

Maybe catch up in 2 years when we reach our NZ destination.

Jo