Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why I'm leaving the UK....

Why I'm leaving the UK....

Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:43 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty on the ball there jayr!!!

But my response to that is why only have one when you can have both.

(me big headed never!!!)

TT
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:45 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Thought of that Bundy.

Then I checked the drinks cabinet and theres still 2 bottles in there.

Suppose I could always make it 3!!!

TT
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:47 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Thought of that Bundy.

Then I checked the drinks cabinet and theres still 2 bottles in there.

Suppose I could always make it 3!!!

TT

:scared: Shocked! Appalled! You mean you have rum as yet untouched?!!!

We brough 4 litres back from Oz a month ago and have just over 2 left....but then we did take some to my brother's 21st, poor boy.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:48 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
:scared: Shocked! Appalled! You mean you have rum as yet untouched?!!!

We brough 4 litres back from Oz a month ago and have just over 2 left....but then we did take some to my brother's 21st, poor boy.

Get some coke so you can drink the stuff.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Get some coke so you can drink the stuff.
Coca-Cola should that be?

OzTennis
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:53 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by OzTennis
Coca-Cola should that be?

OzTennis
Yep. Not the stuff you shove up your nose. It interferes with the taste of the rum.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Muzzman
One thing we keep saying to ourselves, every time we start questioning our sanity in leaving our "safe" life, is can you imagine sitting where we are now in 10 years time thinking "I wonder what it would have been like".

Hey Muzzman...have you been earwigging me and my hubbies conversations?? That's just how we feel.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:45 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Great post, J.

Luckily Mystic Don predicts the airfares Europe-Australasia are coming down BIGTIME in the next 20 years (more competition, harder approach to yield mgt, bigger planes), so we'll all at least be able to better afford flitting between continents.

That is precisely what I see myself doing (small matter of constancy in my kids' education needs to be negotiated).

Would anyone think much of spending a couple of years in UK, a couple in France, a couple in Italy then back to the UK? Not I. So why the big deal (apart from time + money) about doing the same thing with Aus + NZ included?
Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:51 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TraceyW
Originally posted by Muzzman
One thing we keep saying to ourselves, every time we start questioning our sanity in leaving our "safe" life, is can you imagine sitting where we are now in 10 years time thinking "I wonder what it would have been like".

Hey Muzzman...have you been earwigging me and my hubbies conversations?? That's just how we feel.

Ditto!!

In fact, we are thinking about putting it on tape and then looping it to save ourselves saying it everytime someone says 'but......

Old Dec 18th 2003, 9:03 pm
Badge

Thanks J. I have to admit, some of my posts have caused 'wind ups', a result of me getting fed up with 'pommie attitudes' and therefore letting off a bit of steam, caused by extreme homesickness for Australia - now the day is approaching I am a happy man!!

I used to feel sorry for being exuberant, but for everyone that hated my pro-aussie posts, there were people that loved them..

It's funny how the while backbone of this site is kind of 'pro vs anti', and everyone seems to want to find out who a newbie is..

badge

Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Luckily Mystic Don predicts the airfares Europe-Australasia are coming down BIGTIME in the next 20 years (more competition, harder approach to yield mgt, bigger planes), so we'll all at least be able to better afford flitting between continents.
Its going to be quite interesting to see what happens in the next 5-10 years. Boeing seem to be going for the short-medium market, whereas Airbus are going for the long haul market.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:44 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

It was interesting that JAL decided against the Airbus Superjumbo due to the current hassles with getting large numbers on a 747.

The new boeing strategy is also going to be economy as an airlines second biggest cost is fuel.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 8:44 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

weren't they going to have some planes that go halfway to space and do sydney-london in 3 hours???!

now that would be cool - but probably not gonna happen for a long long time....

I think the thing with air travel is not so much the travel - it's all the surrounding palava - the check in, the security, the boarding, the stop overs, blah blah blah. If was it just a train where you turn up and hop on it would be a bit more attractive!

maybe we need a supersonic train which travels overland downuder- okay I'm think outside the square here people.....
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:06 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I never mind the travel. I think it's fun, an adventure!

But I guess when I have small kids, and have to travel more often, I might get sick of it.

And I have never had jetlag till now, so....

Old Dec 19th 2003, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jandjuk
weren't they going to have some planes that go halfway to space and do sydney-london in 3 hours???!
Boeing had some plans well in progress for this, but they have had a bit of a “reshuffle� at the top due to some dodgy dealing with the US military, so it was the first idea against the wall when the new blokes arrived.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.