Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why I love Australia.

Why I love Australia.

Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

mary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant future
Default Why I love Australia.

I'm sick of people knocking Australia.Everyone has different experiences and for those who are taking the plunge and emigrating here it is a rollerecoaster experience.

I have been back and forth between the UK and here for a decade and love both places but FOR ME Australia" tips the balance" but everyone is different.

My main reasons are;

1.The climate.Sure summers are hot but there's nothing to beat the sound of crickets at night and the amazing tropical thunderstorms and swimming outdoors in warm water.

2.Being a nurse I get well paid and respected as a professional not a charity worker wearing a silly uniform and hat like I was in the NHS.

3.I live 30 minutes from a vibrant modern city but only 30 minutes from tropical rainforest and beautiful isolated surf beaches.

4. The amazing wildlife.I live in a a massive city yet have fruitbats,snakes(sometimes) and possums in my yard and wake up to laughing kookaburras and lorikeets.

5.The people (on the whole) have a possitive approach to life(okay there are ratbags wherever you go) and there is less class division.Yes there are rich and poor but I would argue that in the UK the divide is greater.We don't have the "stuck up" inbred gentry with silly titles that the UK has.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

what a refreshing read

I too am alarmed at the negativity this site has been having lately.

Come on we are all doing this so lets be positive.

sally
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:19 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why I love Australia.

Originally posted by mary1
I'm sick of people knocking Australia.Everyone has different experiences and for those who are taking the plunge and emigrating here it is a rollerecoaster experience.

I have been back and forth between the UK and here for a decade and love both places but FOR ME Australia" tips the balance" but everyone is different.

My main reasons are;

1.The climate.Sure summers are hot but there's nothing to beat the sound of crickets at night and the amazing tropical thunderstorms and swimming outdoors in warm water.

2.Being a nurse I get well paid and respected as a professional not a charity worker wearing a silly uniform and hat like I was in the NHS.

3.I live 30 minutes from a vibrant modern city but only 30 minutes from tropical rainforest and beautiful isolated surf beaches.

4. The amazing wildlife.I live in a a massive city yet have fruitbats,snakes(sometimes) and possums in my yard and wake up to laughing kookaburras and lorikeets.

5.The people (on the whole) have a possitive approach to life(okay there are ratbags wherever you go) and there is less class division.Yes there are rich and poor but I would argue that in the UK the divide is greater.We don't have the "stuck up" inbred gentry with silly titles that the UK has.
Very well put.

And to add !!

Uk.. Go into shop snotty nosed cow, says £2.50> u give her money to hand she puts change on counter, and carries on talking about her neighbours piles to another assistant.

Oz.. Hello there how ya going ! .......hmmmm
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:24 am
kong

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Very well put.

And to add !!

Uk.. Go into shop snotty nosed cow, says £2.50> u give her money to hand she puts change on counter, and carries on talking about her neighbours piles to another assistant.

Oz.. Hello there how ya going ! .......hmmmm
It that meant to be sarcastic????

The shop assistants are forced to ask you "how ya goin" by the management. They HATE having to ask people that, they do not give a crap. As a laugh me and a mate used to say "real bad, I am so depressed". It totally threw their script, poor bastards!!!!

Give me the UK genuine indifference, to superficial plastic Oz.

Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:25 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

here's what you do when you encounter a sales assistant like that. Go back to the racks/shelves/whatever with a trolley if they have one. Pile everything on the sales counterit r, wait for them to ring it all through the till, then walk out.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:34 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by kong

The shop assistants are forced to ask you "how ya goin" by the management. They HATE having to ask people that, they do not give a crap. As a laugh me and a mate used to say "real bad, I am so depressed". It totally threw their script, poor bastards!!!!

Try the US out for size. "Plastic or paper, sir?"
"Have you found everything OK, hope you come back and see us again."

"You wanna sack with that?"

Give me Australian superficial plastic anyday.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:36 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NedKelly63
here's what you do when you encounter a sales assistant like that. Go back to the racks/shelves/whatever with a trolley if they have one. Pile everything on the sales counterit r, wait for them to ring it all through the till, then walk out.

ROFLMAO

I am going to try that here in OZ...cos there are moody rude shop assistants here too.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Hilarious !!!!! It must be a riot spending an hour or two with you......

PS Were you bullied as a child ?
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:46 am
kong

Originally posted by Innyjim

Witty one liner there mate.

What is your opinion on this thrilling subject then???

Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:47 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Witty one liner there mate.

What is your opinion on this thrilling subject then???
It had promise before you derailed it.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:00 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
It had promise before you derailed it.

Think its time KONG met Godzilla and accidentally on purpose fell off his Ivory tower !
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:05 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Think its time KONG met Godzilla and accidentally on purpose fell off his Ivory tower !

good idea for a movie ..........
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:33 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Innyjim

Not at all. If you have the balls to do this, the next time you go back into the shop - they will remember you and be very attentive.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:29 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

I am so depressed.
Keep taking the pills monkey boy.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by NedKelly63
Not at all. If you have the balls to do this, the next time you go back into the shop - they will remember you and be very attentive.
Oh really ? I wasn't actually refering to you....

But if you like. I don't really feel the need in my life to get one up on a shop assitant who is trying to scrape a living out on minimum wage and could probably do without silly little twats playing games with them.......If that's not having balls then you must be right.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.