Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why I am going to oz

Why I am going to oz

Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Why I am going to oz

Just thought I share this with you all.

The other day when it was really, really raining, remember? Well, we had all just finished lunch (I work in a secondary school) when some little ***** decided to set off the fire alarm. There we were, standing in the pouring rain for about 30 mins, checking the registers. We were finally let in but because we were all so wet (kids included) we were all sent home!!!

I doubt if this happens in Oz. and I doubt that we would have got so wet!! Good job I can laugh about it now. The thing is, I bet that this will now happen frequently, raining, set alarm off, home early.

So, one more reason why I want to go to Oz.

Mandy
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Well Mandy, I'll say this as most of the guys who would jump at answering this will be tucked up in bed at the moment but...........i think you will find that this sort of thing does happen in OZ and depending on the time of year you may well get equally as wet, you may of course be happier about it as you're in oz but dont count on angelic children and no rain.

Hope you have dried out

Lynn
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Yeh, suppose your right, just wishfull thinking I my part!
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Here borrow my rose tinted specs they're fab

Lynn
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lynnj
Here borrow my rose tinted specs they're fab

Lynn
lynn

i thought i was unique in having a pair of those, keeping them safely guarded as dont want to lose my perspective on this

arlene
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey, I try to wear mine as often as I can. I only take them off to dream in bed about how good it will be!
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

I find beds the best place to wear them, hides the other halfs wrinkles and makes me look like kylie, ok kylie with a bump:scared:

Lynn
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:02 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why I am going to oz

On my last trip to Oz I had the pleasure (AHEM!!!) of meeting some Australian school children let me put your mind at rest they are as bloody cheeky as the ones over here.

TT

Originally posted by scrawni
Just thought I share this with you all.

The other day when it was really, really raining, remember? Well, we had all just finished lunch (I work in a secondary school) when some little ***** decided to set off the fire alarm. There we were, standing in the pouring rain for about 30 mins, checking the registers. We were finally let in but because we were all so wet (kids included) we were all sent home!!!

I doubt if this happens in Oz. and I doubt that we would have got so wet!! Good job I can laugh about it now. The thing is, I bet that this will now happen frequently, raining, set alarm off, home early.

So, one more reason why I want to go to Oz.

Mandy
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

TT

Most of them have come from here

Lynn
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:18 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Don't you just love those moments when one of the reasons you want to go stands out so clearly. I had one today - riding my motorbike into work. When I got here my fingertips were blue with the cold, my face was frozen and I had a dewdrop. The heating in the building isn't due to come on till Oct 1st so it took me ages to warm up again. While I was trying to defrost I though to myself.... on day soon, I will NEVER have to be this cold again! Oh... can you imagine the sheer bliss!

W.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:43 pm
Badge

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Don't you just love those moments when one of the reasons you want to go stands out so clearly. I had one today - riding my motorbike into work. When I got here my fingertips were blue with the cold, my face was frozen and I had a dewdrop. The heating in the building isn't due to come on till Oct 1st so it took me ages to warm up again. While I was trying to defrost I though to myself.... on day soon, I will NEVER have to be this cold again! Oh... can you imagine the sheer bliss!

W.
until you go INSIDE your house in an aussie winter.

All those times spent mocking aussies for being cold, using electric doonas when it was 12 degrees outside..

Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Scrawni, I know how you feel they always seem to let them off if is raining or snowing!!

Badgers, I have been surfing the Argos book for a while now so I can take a new electric Doona with me to Oz. I think the selection might be better over here. Would it still be safe to change the plug though?
Old Sep 24th 2003, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

The thing is the little ***** we actually sitting in the pools of water, splashing around, even rolling in it, you'd have thought that they had never seen rain before!!

I have just sat and watched home swap with Sue in it and it really brought home to me that we will be looking at houses next year. Got a friend taping BBC2 6pm for hubby who is on shifts.

Anyway, burning the kids tea so I'd better go!!!

Mandy
Old Sep 24th 2003, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

some little ***** decided to set off the fire alarm.
I used to be one of them little ***** also setting the bins on fire was another favourite, usually just before double maths, and while standing outside it gave the perfect excuse to snog the girlfriend and for those that smoked time for a ciggie. Not daft enough to do it in the rain though. !!
Ahh the memories. :lecture: the cane the letter home to the parents :scared:
Old Sep 24th 2003, 7:40 pm
Badge

Tina

as the Hertz (50Hz) and voltage (240ish) is the same as the Uk , I see no reason why you shouldn't just change the plug - of course - more importantly - anywhere - you should check that you are not overloading the extension you are using with amps....and a electric dooner is probably quite high.

badge

Errors and emissions etc ..You should Consult an electrician. You may lose your house (literally!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.