Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why have you decided to immigrate to OZ???

Why have you decided to immigrate to OZ???

Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:03 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why have you decided to immigrate to OZ???

Funny enough there is a post today which asks what is so great about living there compared to the UK.

Whilst at work today, I realised that I had created a list, but had never seen a post which outlined why people here, on this forum had decided to move to Oz.

Apart from the weather, why are have you decided to move to Oz?

What promted you to decide, THAT'S IT. We are packing up and going??

I think some people that know me think I am being an idealist. But I don't think I am. People seem to accept whatever, as PROGRESS. But why should it be acceptable that we live indoors most of the year, we have little right to celebrate our national id ( england only). Why hasn't there been a big protest at paying to watch rubbish tv??

This is only the tip of my list.

Your thoughts please. Don't hold back. Oh and bloody council tax, and getting nothing to show for it..
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

draper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nice
Default Re: Why have you decided to immigrate to OZ???

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Funny enough there is a post today which asks what is so great about living there compared to the UK.

Whilst at work today, I realised that I had created a list, but had never seen a post which outlined why people here, on this forum had decided to move to Oz.

I think some people that know me think I am being an idealist. But I don't think I am. People seem to accept whatever, as PROGRESS. But why should it be acceptable that we live indoors most of the year, we have little right to celebrate our national id ( england only). Why hasn't there been a big protest at paying to watch rubbish tv??

Your thoughts please. Don't hold back. Oh and bloody council tax, and getting nothing to show for it..
We're not there yet, but one of reasons we're thinking of going is husbands parents both dying before enjoying retirement, my Dad being taken very ill last year at age 62 (now quite a bit better!) made us realise life is short, it's not a dress rehearsal and we didn't want to get older and think "What if..." The kids are happy here, we're happy here, but it's a huge world and if you don't try something, you'll always wonder - and we've come to realise that you can't take anything for granted and if we're fortunate enough to be able to do something like this then we should at least try to do it!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:11 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Fit Women
2. Sunshine
3. Live life to the max and explore the world

Prospective from a 17year old guy
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:12 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

But why should it be acceptable that we live indoors most of the year
Who lives indoors most of the year?

I certainly don't. Are you a hermit?

G
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:17 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

A few of our reasons are

More laid back way of life
People don't seem to be as stressed
Nearer to the beach
OH wants a boat
Better opportunities for the kids in the future
WARMER on the whole than here (yes I know it rains)

If you don't mind me asking do you come from Killamarsh?

Shirley
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:19 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Who lives indoors most of the year?

I certainly don't. Are you a hermit?

G
I do, but that is because I HATE the cold weather and my hands and feet suffer if I get too cold.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
I do, but that is because I HATE the cold weather

Me too
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:21 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

yup I would be a lot more enthusiastic to go out if it was sunny and warm
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough

The Uk is not my home..... yes I feel like im stuck indoors here all the time. I hate the cold weather!!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:25 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

G
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

We got sick of my family being crap at being 'family' and my husband had a perfectly good bunch of them over in Australia. I want my children to have family who don't have an agenda when they come to lunch and that there's no 'game play' going on.
My hub's family are such good, straight Aussie people who have a lot of time for each other and therefore a lot to offer my kids.

Secondary to that, we were sick of our kids being inside all the time because of the weather. We want them to be active and outdoors.

We wanted more room to live, but couldn't justify paying the awful prices here in the UK.

Other than that, lifestyle, sun, cost of living, holidays, way of life, beautiful scenery and animals, a brighter 'mentality' instead of being depressed by the weather ....But most of all, family.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

lloydmav has a spectacular aura aboutlloydmav has a spectacular aura aboutlloydmav has a spectacular aura about

because my partner lives there, oh and I love oz!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by draper5
We're not there yet, but one of reasons we're thinking of going is husbands parents both dying before enjoying retirement, my Dad being taken very ill last year at age 62 (now quite a bit better!) made us realise life is short, it's not a dress rehearsal and we didn't want to get older and think "What if..." The kids are happy here, we're happy here, but it's a huge world and if you don't try something, you'll always wonder - and we've come to realise that you can't take anything for granted and if we're fortunate enough to be able to do something like this then we should at least try to do it!

I lost my mum last June, and we already decided that we wanted to have a change in our life, but once I lost my mum, I came to realise life is too short, we have to try new things, live life to the full, do all the things we are suppose to do. we didnt want to say we had to chance of moving to another country and didnt take it.
for taking a big chance going down under with no jobs line up.
we are not put off by that, because we wont be with out jobs once we settle down.
this is a chance that we dont want to miss, we might miss the miserble weather in UK, all the friends & families, shopping on sundays and loads of other things.
instead we just have to re-learn how to relax and have fun with the family in OZ.

farideh
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:09 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

You'll find new negatives over there to replace the negatives left behind here.

Are you saying the U.K. has rubbish TV? You are in for a shock in Australia!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:17 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by mackinnon

Are you saying the U.K. has rubbish TV? You are in for a shock in Australia!
That won't matter....most people won't be spending much time indoors so won't watch the TV

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.