Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

why give details of other family members on 47SK?

why give details of other family members on 47SK?

Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Default why give details of other family members on 47SK?

can anyone explain, it would be appreciated, why you have to list all your 'other family members' on your visa application form??

me and husband have eight parents!!!! both our parents divorced and remarried or have long term partners!

it's fun at christmas, not! none of them get on, but that's another story and partly why we are opting to emigrate!!!!

am i reading the form correctly and is this actually what you have to do, list all of them, oh, and step brothers and sisters, there's like four of them!!!!

the sisters, we will miss!

c'mon jeremy, need your advice!

regards honeybob....
Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why give details of other family members on 47SK?

I COULDNT UNDERSTAND THAT EITHER,HUBBYS DAD AND STEP MUM HAVENT SPOKE TO US IN 20YRS AND HIS 2 STEP BROTHERS WE VE GOT NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING THESE DAYS AND DONT REALLY WANT TO.SO WHAT HAVE THEY GOT TO DO WITH OUR APPLICATION.AS YOU CAN SEE WEVE GOT A REALLY CLOSE FAMILY.
Originally Posted by honeybob
can anyone explain, it would be appreciated, why you have to list all your 'other family members' on your visa application form??

me and husband have eight parents!!!! both our parents divorced and remarried or have long term partners!

it's fun at christmas, not! none of them get on, but that's another story and partly why we are opting to emigrate!!!!

am i reading the form correctly and is this actually what you have to do, list all of them, oh, and step brothers and sisters, there's like four of them!!!!

the sisters, we will miss!

c'mon jeremy, need your advice!

regards honeybob....
Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

cheers scissors,

our family's close... too close if you get my drift!!!

come to brisbane!!!!!!

honeybob!!!!
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

What is it they say....

Thank god you can choose your friends......

cheers scissors,

our family's close... too close if you get my drift!!!

come to brisbane!!!!!!

honeybob!!!!
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if this is right, but it might be so that the immigration dept know the number of potential immigrants that (after fulfilling the necessary criteria) would be entitled to emigrate as your relative.
Does that make sense
Lisa
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheers lisaxxx,

thanks for your sound advice...

we are coming from newcastle, england to your beautiful neck of the woods!!!

sidetracking a bit, but can you honestly tell me about the spider situation!! is it really as bad as we imagine!!! i'm sure you are laughing!

how often do you see them, how big are they, please don't frighten me!!!! :scared:

look forward to hearing from you, honeybob...
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

lol.... we have not seen a redback for at least a year, but we did have a thorough erradication before my sister and her family came for visit last January because she is like you.
We havent seen anything since last year and then it was only if they were under the pergola roof or under the outdoor chairs. they don't like humans and tend to keep away from us.
We did have a green tree snake (harmless) in the pool, about 2 yrs ago, and a carpet snake in the tree last year but as soon as they saw me the scarpered.
We also have quite a lot of possums around as well, and gecko's (lizards which are cute)
Be not afraid....it's not as bad as you think
Lisa
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:40 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

cheers lisaxxx,

thanks for your sound advice...

we are coming from newcastle, england to your beautiful neck of the woods!!!

sidetracking a bit, but can you honestly tell me about the spider situation!! is it really as bad as we imagine!!! i'm sure you are laughing!

how often do you see them, how big are they, please don't frighten me!!!! :scared:

look forward to hearing from you, honeybob...
You'll see them if you go looking for them.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

ulujain, hello out there, read alot of your posts!

been quite afraid to reply, you sound so knowledgeable!!!

read one of your replies, re. our freak rugby victory.... let us enjoy it, we all jumped around our living rooms in our pyjamas!!!! it was v. early morning over here!

anyway, thanx for the tip about the spiders, i just have this absolute irrational fear that one will drop into my lap and my heart will pop!!!

especially because i am actually nursing a really nice bloke, whom had a ?spider bite whilst out in oz visiting his son.. has had surgery twice in an attempt to repair the subsequent damage to tissue, due to major infection, ie. taking a muscle from his back to reconstruct the deficit in his leg...

he's still on the ward, bless him, and i think looking at his leg will be with us on our christmas night out.. i'm telling you the truth here, honestly... all kinds of specimens have been sent off to various universities in an attempt to determine exactly what caused his reaction... no one is certain!

i've looked after him for 4 weeks now, and his outlook is fab! we talk about my emigrating to oz on a daily basis, you know chit chat, pass the time, when your in the shower with a 60'ish year old bloke and trying to act like it's an every day occurence! Yet he still thinks it's the best thing i could do, as i dress his leg for the fourth time that day, and he often wonders if it was actually a spider... he can't recall being bitten, no pain! no one is sure... infectious diseases are on to it now!

so forgive me for my fears, and i'll follow your advice, i deffo won't be looking for them...

cheers, honeybob...
Old Aug 15th 2004, 5:23 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

To be totally honest, you'll rarely see any large spiders unless you actively seek them out. Huntsmen may be an exception, but they're harmless, and frightened of their own shadow. Same goes for the myriad of venomous snakes we have.

You have more to be worried about with Australia's ocean waters; box jellyfish, Portuguese men'o'war and sea nettles, etc.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

i imagine that my whole experience of life in australia, will be sitting on a chair, in a room with no furniture, all windows closed, and with hammer in hand!!!

i so love the sea, so tell me. what's the main problem there!!!!

do i really want to know!!! :scared:
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

ulujain, hello out there, read alot of your posts!

been quite afraid to reply, you sound so knowledgeable!!!

read one of your replies, re. our freak rugby victory.... let us enjoy it, we all jumped around our living rooms in our pyjamas!!!! it was v. early morning over here!

anyway, thanx for the tip about the spiders, i just have this absolute irrational fear that one will drop into my lap and my heart will pop!!!

especially because i am actually nursing a really nice bloke, whom had a ?spider bite whilst out in oz visiting his son.. has had surgery twice in an attempt to repair the subsequent damage to tissue, due to major infection, ie. taking a muscle from his back to reconstruct the deficit in his leg...

he's still on the ward, bless him, and i think looking at his leg will be with us on our christmas night out.. i'm telling you the truth here, honestly... all kinds of specimens have been sent off to various universities in an attempt to determine exactly what caused his reaction... no one is certain!

i've looked after him for 4 weeks now, and his outlook is fab! we talk about my emigrating to oz on a daily basis, you know chit chat, pass the time, when your in the shower with a 60'ish year old bloke and trying to act like it's an every day occurence! Yet he still thinks it's the best thing i could do, as i dress his leg for the fourth time that day, and he often wonders if it was actually a spider... he can't recall being bitten, no pain! no one is sure... infectious diseases are on to it now!

so forgive me for my fears, and i'll follow your advice, i deffo won't be looking for them...

cheers, honeybob...
i saw a program on tv here about a woman who got bit by a spider when she was bringing her washing in. she had the exact same reaction as this guy. it bit her hand and she has had to have loads of operations. the doctors said it was a freak allergic reaction. anyone else probably wouldnt have any effect from the bite of that particular spider. so maybe he's a one off too. i dont think she felt the bite she just remembered brushing away a tiny spider.