Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

why on earth do we have to watch AFL and miss out on Olympia

why on earth do we have to watch AFL and miss out on Olympia

Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light
Default why on earth do we have to watch AFL and miss out on Olympia

with disbelief I realised I won't be able to watch synchronised diving, instead another stupid AFL match was broadcasted. I'm so sick and tired of this AFL, not a single news coverage without it.

That's what disgruntled viewers had to say
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...014197,00.html
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why on earth do we have to watch AFL and miss out on Olympia

Originally Posted by Evelin
with disbelief I realised I won't be able to watch synchronised diving, instead another stupid AFL match was broadcasted. I'm so sick and tired of this AFL, not a single news coverage without it.

Cos this is Straya!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

I am going to configure my internet so I can watch via the BBC website.

Channel 7's "Coverage" is just awful. Very amateurish.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:17 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Cos this is Straya!
Was that done in the style of '300'?

Do you think that Rudd could pull of the part of King Leonidas convincingly?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:18 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

I think they should also totally ignore the Olympics to show this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lan...e_Forgot_(film)
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Was that done in the style of '300'?

Do you think that Rudd could pull of the part of King Leonidas convincingly?
Could've been. One things for certain, wasn't Polish.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Its because they have a contract to show it with certain sponsors and they have to do it.

I like SBS better.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:23 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by spartacus
Could've been. One things for certain, wasn't Polish.
Just don't do anymore phonetic accents and there'll be no confusion...that's for certain...
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:25 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

So far, so good. I am on target to meet my objective of not seeing a single minute of the olympics, not even on the news. Of course AFL takes priority - the season is reaching its finale.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Oh and while we are at it can we not have adverts every 10 mins? How can Quantas be proudly Australia when half of it is owned by foreign investors?

Maybe the should say proudly Australian(ish)?

Last edited by Notts_bloke; Aug 11th 2008 at 1:58 am.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Oh and while we are at it can we not have adverts every 10 mins? How can Quantas be proudly Australia when half of it is owned by foreign investors?

Maybe the should say proudly Australian(ish)?
[

Gold!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
Haha I love the Chaser Boy's! Not seen that episode!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:03 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Dont know why Austar has no coverage?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We had the synchronised diving over this side and flaming impressive it was too. The Chinese were amazing. The young British lad was damn good too and hot according to my daughters
Old Aug 11th 2008, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

spsspence will become famous soon enoughspsspence will become famous soon enough

He was saying in an interveiw that he is always followed around by Chinese women and girls, he doesn't know why but they are very nice. What a sweet kid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.