Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why don't DIMMIA send letter of recognition?

Why don't DIMMIA send letter of recognition?

Old May 11th 2005, 5:24 am
superam74

Question Why don't DIMMIA send letter of recognition?

Hi Guys, I had my skills passed in May last year & I sent off my main application in Nov 04,however it got sent back to me 3 weeks later with a letter saying that I didn't include my skills assessment with the application,
(which was there, staring them in the face)
Anyway I re-submitted my application in March 05 ,but since then I haven't heard anything from them & it's been almost 3 months now.
Can anyone tell me if it's the norm, not to hear any reply from them or should I have received some sort of letter of recognition.Some people have told me that they get a letter to tell them that their application is being dealt with within a few weeks, and some say the 1st thing they hear from them is when they request the medicals months later.I don't want to keep pestering
DIMMIA, so if any of you lovely people could put my mind at rest I would be very grateful, Regards ,Pete

Old May 11th 2005, 7:03 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why don't DIMMIA send letter of recognition?

Originally Posted by superam74
Hi Guys, I had my skills passed in May last year & I sent off my main application in Nov 04,however it got sent back to me 3 weeks later with a letter saying that I didn't include my skills assessment with the application,
(which was there, staring them in the face)
Anyway I re-submitted my application in March 05 ,but since then I haven't heard anything from them & it's been almost 3 months now.
Can anyone tell me if it's the norm, not to hear any reply from them or should I have received some sort of letter of recognition.Some people have told me that they get a letter to tell them that their application is being dealt with within a few weeks, and some say the 1st thing they hear from them is when they request the medicals months later.I don't want to keep pestering
DIMMIA, so if any of you lovely people could put my mind at rest I would be very grateful, Regards ,Pete
Seems to be very hit and miss - i lodged in march -and as yet am still waiting !
Old May 11th 2005, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
My application was sent 18 March by agent for skilled independent - nurse- and have heard nothing, no file number or case officer. Dr is holding the medicals while we wait for a file number. Starting to get quite worried.
Old May 11th 2005, 4:43 pm
superam74

[QUOTE=kitty4]Hi
My application was sent 18 March by agent for skilled independent - nurse- and have heard nothing, no file number or case officer. Dr is holding the medicals while we wait for a file number. Starting to get quite worried.[/QUOTE)Lets just hope no news is good news.

Old May 11th 2005, 4:49 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Have they charged your credit card if so its safe to say they have your file ?
Old May 11th 2005, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

On the application, did you agree to be contacted by electronic means??

It seems that if you did, they send an e mail with your file number on pretty quickly. If you didnt, maybe they dont send a letter with snail mail, maybe they just wait until they want your meds. Check your credit card statement.

Paul