Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why does'nt unpacking somthing work in reverse?

Wikiposts

Why does'nt unpacking somthing work in reverse?

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:50 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Why does'nt unpacking somthing work in reverse?

Been trying for bloody hours to get this damn rowing machine back in the box it came out of.

Driving me nuts !!

Anyone actually enjoy packing? Want to pop over and help??
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its designed that way, bit like the extra screw thats always left over when you take somthing apart and put it together again..

Also you know when you finally get it in the bloody box and ship it half way around the globe and unpack it on the other side a piece will be missing.

Sling it now and save yourself the hassle.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ENJOY it?? Well, I suppose someone must! Am on my 35th box and never want to see bubble wrap again! This evening is the biggest challenge - I have a triangular chest of drawers (wide at the bottom, v narrow at the top) - and I have to wrap it! Wait for the bad language!!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:20 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by karawara88
Its designed that way, bit like the extra screw thats always left over when you take somthing apart and put it together again..

Also you know when you finally get it in the bloody box and ship it half way around the globe and unpack it on the other side a piece will be missing.

Sling it now and save yourself the hassle.
I would love to

Just would'nt want to be around when the missus gets in from work!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:46 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
I would love to

Well you don't have to be do you? The pubs open isn't it?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:51 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by HUP
Well you don't have to be do you? The pubs open isn't it?
lol.

Is it open for the rest of my days?

Anyway.

Success !!! Houston we have lift off. The beast is back in its box !
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 11:21 pm
Badge

I would love to

Girls are good at packing. They do all the nice tucks and stuff on the corners of parcels etc

badge

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 11:24 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

It's true, us girls are good at packing. I have to admit to enjoying packing...something satisfying about making things fit. Maybe it's just me.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:12 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind it that much but when you get to the 30th odd box it loses it's appeal somewhat!

Husband is completely bloody useless and has been banned from packing anything fragile.

He managed to shatter one of our beautiful picture frames before he'd finished wrapping it!
" I only knelt on it!"
"Oh, can't really understood how it broke then..............."

If you want something doing........
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:19 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by emmahafryn

Or alternativley

"Why have a dog and......"
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:24 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
Or alternativley

"Why have a dog and......"
Are you calling me a dog HUP??!!
You may want to rethink that one or I might have to disconnect your regulator on your next dive........
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:27 am
HUP
Brain Drained

Are you calling me a dog HUP??!!
You may want to rethink that one or I might have to disconnect your regulator on your next dive........

Only sticking up for the mans perspective of things
. I havn't met you but I have no doubt whatsoever that there is nothing canine about you whatsoever. Though with the threat in mind I might take a pony with me if we go diving together.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:41 am
A Male Member

Husband is completely bloody useless and has been banned from packing anything fragile.

He managed to shatter one of our beautiful picture frames before he'd finished wrapping it!
" I only knelt on it!"
"Oh, can't really understood how it broke then..............."

Ahhhh yes. The old "if i break somthing she won't make me pack any more" ploy

Clever man you have there
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:43 am
HUP
Brain Drained

Ahhhh yes. The old "if i break somthing she won't make me pack any more" ploy

Clever man you have there
PeteY I am very disappointed in you. You have let the side down. We should be sticking together not highlighting the devious ploys us men have to let women think they are in control .

I hope Hev dosn't read this thread :scared:
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:51 am
A Male Member

Originally posted by HUP
PeteY I am very disappointed in you. You have let the side down. We should be sticking together not highlighting the devious ploys us men have to let women think they are in control .

I hope Hev dosn't read this thread :scared:
My wife does'nt read the board mate so i've no problems!!!

You are right though.....i should'nt snitch.

Girlies.

Please discount my previous post in this thread. It was all a lie. Men ARE genuinly crap at packing.

Have you ever looked at your xmas pressie from you man and thought " blimey our 2 year old wraps better than this"?

Case closed