Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why doesn't it feel like christmas?

Why doesn't it feel like christmas?

Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:27 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Why doesn't it feel like christmas?

Originally posted by downunderpom
SECOND most..... Here - take this.....
I do hope that is a kilkenny.

seriously though... only yesterday I bought some presents to send home.. I'll have to go with a courier for it get there in time. Haven't bought anything for our house, no decorations up... I'm cancelling Christmas here with us - I'm just going to go fishing. I can't stand another year here with "friends" around a barbeque .. getting pissed, talking crap, and I'm thinking "Beam me up Scotty you aussie w*nkers". .. hang on I'll find my "Tupperware" (Dotty... can I borrow yours? )

P.s sorry to all who are offended by my words, but boll*X
Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:30 am
WBB

Okay, so why do you put yourself through it? It's up to you, obviously, and none of my beeswax, but I'm curious.
becaue it is xmas and it is the done thing!

sad but true.

Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:32 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by welshboybilly
becaue it is xmas and it is the done thing!
'Because you should....'

Well, I hope that it proves to be the best (and last) Christmas you have in Welsh Wales!
Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:37 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

'Because you should....'

Well, I hope that it proves to be the best (and last) Christmas you have in Welsh Wales!
he knows not what he does.

Welshboy come back to me in a few years time.

P>S I know Port Talbot very well (sh*t place), ever thought of moving to Gower (P.s I still haven't seen such beauty here... Noosa is the closest) .

cheers

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant"
(Richard Nixon)

Last edited by Ceri; Dec 16th 2003 at 2:40 am.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:39 am
WBB

Originally posted by Ceri

P>S I know Port Talbot very well (sh*t place), ever thought of moving to Gower (P.s I still haven't seen such beauty here... Noosa is the closest) .

cheers
the gower is the most beautiful area i have ever visited but the price of property reflects that, have you seen the prices there lately? i think you would be suprised.

Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:41 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by welshboybilly
the gower is the most beautiful area i have ever visited but the price of property reflects that, have you seen the prices there lately? i think you would be suprised.
I have family there

hang on I love this quote

so I'm going to do it again

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant"
Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:46 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ceri

cheers
My dad used to work at the Steel Company of Wales in Port Talbot before we emigrated. I went back there to have a look a few years ago, when I was living in the UK.... You're right, Ceri - what a dump! I visited this guy who's house overlooked the M4 (30 metres away!) and the Steel Works. He thought he had a little slice of heaven.... to each his own.....
Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:18 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Christmas The actual day of the 25th) in the UK is different to everyday life in the UK.

Whatever you do on this day it's not your normal routine.

But here in Oz we go to the beach at least once a week, we go to or have our own bbq's some of the time so Christmas in Oz is no different from everyday life here. The only thing different is that we have a few more goodies to eat. I think this is why it may feel different aswell as the sun and familes not being around.

WBB the shops are the same wherever you are, they started putting decorations up about Sep-Oct.