Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

why do you use this forum?

why do you use this forum?

Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:29 am
prospective migrant

Default why do you use this forum?

I don’t want to be rude, but it might seem that I am. We are considering migrating to Australia and have found this site by chance. While I can see the usefulness of the immigration forum. I was wondering about this one. I just wonder why so many people who have migrated use it so much if you are having such a wonderful time. There are some individuals who have over 9,000 posts, posting more than 30 posts per day. Why? Is life in Australia really that bad? Are so many expats really so sad that this is all there is to do? By sad, I mean homesick, rather than a personal attack.

Just interested.

Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: why do you use this forum?

Originally Posted by prospective migrant
I don’t want to be rude, but it might seem that I am. We are considering migrating to Australia and have found this site by chance. While I can see the usefulness of the immigration forum. I was wondering about this one. I just wonder why so many people who have migrated use it so much if you are having such a wonderful time. There are some individuals who have over 9,000 posts, posting more than 30 posts per day. Why? Is life in Australia really that bad? Are so many expats really so sad that this is all there is to do? By sad, I mean homesick, rather than a personal attack.

Just interested.
Because life goes on. Just because you've migrated to a different country doesn't mean your life suddenly becomes one big party. You've still gotta work-your still get bored at work=You post on here. Well thats my excuse anyway.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:39 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

People use this for entertainment just as you would watch the telly. i don't really watch telly and whilst hubby is watching footy or some other load of tosh i come on here and chat to people.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:42 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

It beats working.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:47 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, cos we are in strange country and others know how things work in Australia better than us. So we can read up on things like rates, water restrictions, weather, house prices, tax file numbers, tax in general etc etc.
Sometimes we even get answers to questions we didn't even know we wanted to ask.

Oh, and its a bit of fun. As others have said, it beats working.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:55 am

gedge has disabled reputation

I've been banned from all the other ones.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:00 am
Just Joined

FXtrader is an unknown quantity at this point

I like to check my word processor still works....
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:01 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Just interested.
At the end of the day people make friends on this forum - and you don`t just dump your mates do you??
Also just because you finally get to Australia doesn`t mean that the questions stop, many people still in the UK find the experiences of those on the other side most useful.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:12 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Just interested.

I've been on this forum for nearly a year - from when I first applied for my visa - first it was a graet source of info - and still is.
My journey has been a rocky one - going from a temp visa to a PR within that year certainly takes the toll on the old nerves , and during that time, I've had lots of support & made lots of friends. I hope that I've been able to give some support/advice back to others..

We've been in Melbourne for 7 months now - and love it here - but still come on here regularly (though usually found in the Lounge now) - particularly in the evening when I'm in - don't watch much telly - and anyway this is a laptop, so I can anyway!

Have a good look round the site - and I hope that your application and plans progress well.

Cas
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:13 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I've been on this forum for nearly a year - from when I first applied for my visa - first it was a graet source of info - and still is.
My journey has been a rocky one - going from a temp visa to a PR within that year certainly takes the toll on the old nerves , and during that time, I've had lots of support & made lots of friends. I hope that I've been able to give some support/advice back to others..

We've been in Melbourne for 7 months now - and love it here - but still come on here regularly (though usually found in the Lounge now) - particularly in the evening when I'm in - don't watch much telly - and anyway this is a laptop, so I can anyway!

Have a good look round the site - and I hope that your application and plans progress well.

Cas
Hi,

Thanks for asking where we were. How's life?

Paul.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:13 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I've been on this forum for nearly a year - from when I first applied for my visa

Cas
Now she just talks shit on here just like me
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:14 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

For those of us that have been here a while and still post...
This forum was so much help to me and very supportive when I first found it.

I felt that it was only fair that I take my turn on the other side and try to help those who've come after me. Once you've done that, often you become invested in thier success and want to see them finally arrive!

It's an endless circle! But a very enjoyable one

Siren
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold

Just interested.
Actually this is a good question, one I often ask myself. It has become a habit; first thing I do when I get to work, and again after lunch, is have a quick look in on the forum. I think I’d addicted?

When you do first come over this is a great way of finding important information, just for example I found from here that I can claim tax back from medical expenses, I’d missed that little gem when trawling through the tax info.

Sam
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:19 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Now she just talks shit on here just like me
you cheeky sod......
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:22 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

you cheeky sod......
Cheeky, but true and you know it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.