Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why do you have to validate?

Why do you have to validate?

Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:31 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why do you have to validate?

Just trying to figure out the reason behind validation.

Why doesn't DMIA just grant the visa and give a 5 year window to migrate? What is the validation all about?

This is probably one for JAJ so I may bump this up later.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:37 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you have to validate?

Originally Posted by NKSK
Just trying to figure out the reason behind validation.

Why doesn't DMIA just grant the visa and give a 5 year window to migrate? What is the validation all about?

This is probably one for JAJ so I may bump this up later.
it's to do with your health and good character as these are only valid for a year
Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
it's to do with your health and good character as these are only valid for a year
but you could vaildate, wait 4 years - meantime your health deteriorates and you commit armed robbery- and you still get in!!
Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:53 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

but you could vaildate, wait 4 years - meantime your health deteriorates and you commit armed robbery- and you still get in!!
Firstly - PR can be (and often is) cancelled for committing crimes after visa is granted.

However a decline in health does not cause visa cancellation.

The point about validation is that when you get a visa you are expected to use it before your health has a chance to decline. The fact it's possible to validate with a holiday and move later is more of an accident of the law rather than a deliberate policy decision.

Jeremy
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:04 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JAJ]Firstly - PR can be (and often is) cancelled for committing crimes after visa is granted.

The point about validation is that when you get a visa you are expected to use it before your health has a chance to decline. The fact it's possible to validate with a holiday and move later is more of an accident of the law rather than a deliberate policy decision.

yes and it's also a nice way of bringing extra money in as our visa trip with spending money cost about £8000 or $20,000 but don't get me wrong i still think this is a small price to pay to live in australia,we love the place
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ
Firstly - PR can be (and often is) cancelled for committing crimes after visa is granted.

Jeremy

But - I am somewhat reluctant to say this - you could commit a crime in your home country and the Australian government need never find out and....

isn't the 'accident' (of the law) negated somewhat by the fact that a 5 year window is given? Why not be really strict and give 3 years (or even 2) from the date of validation?
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:20 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
yes and it's also a nice way of bringing extra money in as our visa trip with spending money cost about £8000 or $20,000 but don't get me wrong i still think this is a small price to pay to live in australia,we love the place
You must have gone 1st class / 5-star Jonni
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:24 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
You must have gone 1st class / 5-star Jonni
no matey it's just an expensive thing to do with 3 ankle biters £6000 holiday & about £2000 spends
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:00 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

We found this an issue having 5 kids 3 of which were adult fares.....hence i found the house selling far more stressful than the actual waiting for the visa to go through.....just because we didnt want to have to pay validation costs....return flights for us proved to be mega money along with the holiday package and the living costs at home whilst you are away....

Fortunately we sold our house in the August.....and we moved in with my mum until we were ready to go in october...so this wasn't an problem..... but fully sypathise with people who this affects. Timing plays a huge part in the process.... some people think that they are doing the right thing by completing their meds and PCC to push their application but don't put their house on the market - luck of the draw i'm afraid...whilst sum are left smilin others are left short on validation time.

love boomie
xx
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomie
We found this an issue having 5 kids 3 of which were adult fares.....hence i found the house selling far more stressful than the actual waiting for the visa to go through.....just because we didnt want to have to pay validation costs....return flights for us proved to be mega money along with the holiday package and the living costs at home whilst you are away....

love boomie
xx

Can I ask, how will this affect you if you ever want to visit family in the UK? We find it incredibly hard with 3 kids and we both work.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:43 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Can I ask, how will this affect you if you ever want to visit family in the UK? We find it incredibly hard with 3 kids and we both work.
Andy's parents have passed away..... neather of us have brothers or sisters.....I have a mum who is 80 on friday....we hope she will visit us later in the year...

but getting to what you are askin..... we cant afford to pay for return flights (5adults and 2 children) for the sake of a short break back to the uk so we are banking on mum traveling to see us....but she is putting off a visit in hope that we will return home....Christmas was hard as i expect it was for most newbe expats....

love boomie
xx
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:37 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

But - I am somewhat reluctant to say this - you could commit a crime in your home country and the Australian government need never find out and....
Be aware that new rules oblige applicants for citizenship who have spent more than 12 months overseas since grant of PR to provide new police checks. The citizenship application forms also ask about convictions, and if you lie and they subsequently find out, they can revoke Australian citizenship.

isn't the 'accident' (of the law) negated somewhat by the fact that a 5 year window is given? Why not be really strict and give 3 years (or even 2) from the date of validation?
It used to be a 3 year window, until around the mid 1990s.

Jeremy