Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why do people say it's "bland"..?

Why do people say it's "bland"..?

Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Why do people say it's "bland"..?

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Exactly. Sometimes I wonder how Australians think when they all live in these kinds of suburbs. For a country with so much space it's kind of weird when they are all living on top of each other in some faceless (& not exactly cheap) suburb.
Yes it's something I've never understood either. I could understand it in the UK because there IS no space. I could understand it in Canada because of all the heating that's required. But Australia.....??

Our house is in an older, leafier suburb that does have some character but we paid a fortune for it and the 900m2 that we are told is a HUGE block is pathetically small by South African standards where nobody had less than half an acre.

Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:48 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Why do people say it's "bland"..?

Originally Posted by jad n rich
So is that where everyone from the UK came from?

Did they all come from shi!!y run down areas?

Somehow I dont think so.
They did originally. Only in recent years has Australia attracted the slightly more affluent Pom.