Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why Did you move to Australia?

Why Did you move to Australia?

Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:27 pm
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice
Default Why Did you move to Australia?

I thought this might be a nice thread . Tell everyone how, why and when you moved to Aus and your experience.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 6:54 pm
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice
Default Re: Why Did you move to Australia?

Originally Posted by Robw4
I thought this might be a nice thread . Tell everyone how, why and when you moved to Aus and your experience.
Anyone who wants to share?
Old Jun 13th 2009, 7:02 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Because we filled in a questionaire for a migration firm to find out if we could get a visa for New Zealand. They said no, but did we fancy Oz and we thought, what the hell
Old Jun 13th 2009, 7:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robw4
Anyone who wants to share?
Personally, I moved cos I married an Aussie.

I think you'll find that most of the forum is full of threads which answer your question,
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:41 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mika24me
Because we filled in a questionaire for a migration firm to find out if we could get a visa for New Zealand. They said no, but did we fancy Oz and we thought, what the hell
Why would anyone prefer NewZealand over OZ, do you like third world countries
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:43 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mohogony
Why would anyone prefer NewZealand over OZ, do you like third world countries
I was young and deluded

seriously though this is not a good way to choose where to live, and explains our very expensive ping ponging. This time we are going to Oz because we want to be there, hopefully we will settle better this time
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:46 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mika24me
Usually its vice versa, people who can't get into OZ move to New Zeland and once they get NZ citizenship move to OZ.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:54 pm
=]

do you like third world countries
Thats not very nice... NZ looks better than Aus to me. I know there is a little rivalry between the two countries...
Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:01 pm
Hussy

Usually its vice versa, people who can't get into OZ move to New Zeland and once they get NZ citizenship move to OZ.
my hubby's occupation was not on the NZ skills list, but was on the Oz one.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

We moved for more sunshine as I got SAD in the UK.

I was miserable for the first 2 years even though I was happy we moved - what a contradiction hey!

Lots of people told me it would take about 2 years to settle in. So one has to learn to be patient but the getting through the 2 years was not easy and full of tears. I had support from lots of unexpected sources and this forum was one of my best support groups during my tough times of stress with moving process and depression afterwards.

The kindess of strangers will always touch my heart. Thank you.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:11 pm
=]

Originally Posted by Luma
We moved for more sunshine as I got SAD in the UK.

I was miserable for the first 2 years even though I was happy we moved - what a contradiction hey!

Lots of people told me it would take about 2 years to settle in. So one has to learn to be patient but the getting through the 2 years was not easy and full of tears. I had support from lots of unexpected sources and this forum was one of my best support groups during my tough times of stress with moving process and depression afterwards.

The kindess of strangers will always touch my heart. Thank you.
Thats really sweet . Glad you are happy now !
Old Jun 13th 2009, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Summers that happen every year.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

For my sons to get a superior education attending a new Queensland school... Worked too!

Oh.... And the sun!!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

hawkshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

I moved because I married an Aussie and she wanted to come home.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

mohogony;

engage the brain 1st before the mouth mate, there are plenty of nice people here in Australia who are on this site, have you been to NZ if so then why slag the place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.