Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why British wants to go Australia?

Why British wants to go Australia?

Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why British wants to go Australia?

Originally Posted by renth
The UK used to be a great country but is in terminal decline, the sensible people are getting the hell out whenever they get the chance. Living standards are very low unless you are extremely rich and the government has let in far too many people from other countries whose values are opposed to those of the native population.
What a complete load of nonsense, the vast majority of people i know in the UK have a living standard equivalant to that of most Australians i know or better. Please dont judge by the size of someones house, the UK is the size of Victoria with 60 million people in it so property will generally be smaller and more expensive, the later is also for most brits outside the south east no longer true.

As for the last comments about migrating to another country because to many migrants have moved to yours is complete hypocrisy, also try asking the
native Australians about wether european values are opposed to theirs.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Paulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nice

Originally Posted by livinginreality
I take it you're talking about South Wales when you say its a crime ridden strewn **** hole?Its not like that where I live.
You must live in the Outer Hebrides then ??
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:34 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I do wonder if those of us who are planning to move to Australia with certain aims and/or expectations are in for a bit of a shock. For example reduced exposure to crime, better standard of living, etc
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:42 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Why British wants to go Australia?

Originally Posted by paulry
I do wonder if those of us who are planning to move to Australia with certain aims and/or expectations are in for a bit of a shock. For example reduced exposure to crime, better standard of living, etc
I believe so.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paulie H
You must live in the Outer Hebrides then ??
I don't live anywhere near the Outer Hebrides!In future for those people who like to UK bash,can you please be more specific when you say "The UK is a shithole"?Like "Where I live in South Wales (village,suburb whatever)is a shithol",don't tarnish the whole of the UK as a shithole,most of it is gorgeous.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

bubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud of

well you all will be in for a shock! , as when i lived in WA the local police station was fire bombed then a few days later another one was bombed and the Aussies had the cheek to say we were fools to go back to the uk because of the violence!
People who are emigrating are blinkered in their views and think that this country is the worse for violence,but you really have to live somewhere to really see places for what they are.I was told by small minded Northerners ,and i am a Northerner myself, that i would be shot or mugged coming back to UK.They choose to put me living in same place as were they come from without even knowing were i lived.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
As in the UK,it depends an awful lot where you live!I've recently returned from Adelaide (spent years living there)and I took my OH to some really awful places,just to prove that yes there are horrible places in and around Adelaide.Having said that I also took him to alot of really nice places as well.I think I have quite a good balanced view of Oz,unlike some people who think the whole of the UK is a shithole!Keep your expectations realistic and you can't go wrong!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:03 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Why British wants to go Australia?

don't tarnish the whole of the UK as a shithole,most of it is gorgeous.
I agree! Birmingham, in particular, has some superb examples of 1970s concrete.

Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

[B][B]
Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I believe so.
I suppose it all depends on where you go from to where you end up. As in all countries there are some good and some bad areas. Life is certainly different for us over here – not all necessarily for the better but most of the changes have been good (except I can't get a blasted job). We had the opportunity to move to Aus because of OHs job – thought we’d give it a whirl rather than have a lifetime of thinking ‘what if’. Saw it as a chance for a different way of life not necessarily a better way of life but one as equally as good at least. Would we have made the move if it had been to elsewhere in the UK – depends on where the elsewhere would have been but if the package was right probably yes. I couldn’t have moved to a none English speaking country though – I have enough difficulty here with my mixed brummie / Derbyshire accent. Saying that I had enough problems with my accent in England so should be used to it!

Mx

Mx
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:04 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I agree! Birmingham, in particular, has some superb examples of 1970s concrete.

So does Brisbane...and Sydney....and......

Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Paulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nice

I don't live anywhere near the Outer Hebrides!In future for those people who like to UK bash,can you please be more specific when you say "The UK is a shithole"?Like "Where I live in South Wales (village,suburb whatever)is a shithol",don't tarnish the whole of the UK as a shithole,most of it is gorgeous.
So are you emigrating away from the UK ??
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:53 pm
Fighting my corner

Smile Re: Why British wants to go Australia?

Originally Posted by Grayling
So does Brisbane...and Sydney....and......

Good grief, and Launceston too - there's an entire government building constructed out of grey concrete!

It's called Henty House, and it's utterly hideous.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

You mean be more specific in the same way you just have about South Wales then?

Gower Peninsular anyone?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Si T
You mean be more specific in the same way you just have about South Wales then?

Gower Peninsular anyone?
I was referring to Paulie H's comments about a shithole!This poster is from South Wales,so I am assuming they mean South Wales is a shithole.Thats why I asked if people can be more specific!I've never been to Wales,but from what I have seen on TV,most of it looks stunning!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Paulie H
So are you emigrating away from the UK ??
Nope!More than happy where I live actually.I had lived in Oz for 30 years,but returned to the UK 10 years ago,my kids are aussies,but they are also very happy in the UK!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.