Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why British wants to go Australia?

Why British wants to go Australia?

Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:21 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why British wants to go Australia?

Originally Posted by sunitram
But, Why British people? UK is, in my thought, one of the most wealthy and powerful, effective countries in the world. You have fantastic living standards and good nature, aren't you? Why do you want to go to Australia?
The UK used to be a great country but is in terminal decline, the sensible people are getting the hell out whenever they get the chance. Living standards are very low unless you are extremely rich and the government has let in far too many people from other countries whose values are opposed to those of the native population.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Paulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nice

We moved for the weather and the outdoor life . But i think the main reason is that we wanted to bring our son up so that he had some good opportunities. I think a lot of people who have never been to the UK thinks it's all little Villages where you can leave your door open every night and there's a bobby on every corner ready to cuff a little ragamuffin around the ear when he goes scrumping ! Sadly this is no longer true. Try crime ridden rubbish strewn ****hole .Thanks for the thread and allowing me to get that off my chest
Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:36 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Paulie H
I think a lot of people who have never been to the UK thinks it's all little Villages where you can leave your door open every night and there's a bobby on every corner ready to cuff a little ragamuffin around the ear when he goes scrumping !
Has it changed then ? I remember it like that...

I can almost feel that clip around the ear again... 'memories'

Old Jul 1st 2009, 10:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cos they think its " better"......but some of them get here and find that life was actually more fun over there.....
Old Jul 1st 2009, 10:30 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

We moved for the weather and the outdoor life . But i think the main reason is that we wanted to bring our son up so that he had some good opportunities. I think a lot of people who have never been to the UK thinks it's all little Villages where you can leave your door open every night and there's a bobby on every corner ready to cuff a little ragamuffin around the ear when he goes scrumping ! Sadly this is no longer true. Try crime ridden rubbish strewn ****hole .Thanks for the thread and allowing me to get that off my chest
ah yep thats exactly what it was like but you forgot the lashings of ginger beer mate just cos you lived in a shithole doesnt mean we all did
Old Jul 1st 2009, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I think one of the main reasons for Brits to emigrate to Australia is the historic links between the two countries. The British established Australia and the bonds are still strong. Australia is still a Western nation and not an Asian one. Britain and Australia share not only a common language, but also strong cultural, economic,political and religious links - they are also still predominantly white, Anglo-saxon societies, although Asian infuences are coming in. The majority of post-war migration here was from the UK and I guess the current situation is a hangover from that.

Everyone is welcome though.
The ties and similarities are closer than some admit.

Originally Posted by papilon
Many now hate there government even tho it was the same one that gave them unpresedented growth over a record period of time.
So true...
Old Jul 1st 2009, 11:17 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Lots of Brits that failed to make a success of themselves back home often look at emigrating to other English speaking countries.

If they were successful then they'd probably a) not move at all b) move to another European country, learn the language, embrace the culture...

So thats why so many Brits end up downunder.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 11:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danjones1
Lots of Brits that failed to make a success of themselves back home often look at emigrating to other English speaking countries.

If they were successful then they'd probably a) not move at all b) move to another European country, learn the language, embrace the culture...

That's not necessarily true...we were successful in our fields before emigrating. We simply wanted to try a different country without having to learn a new language. And Australia was relatively easy to get in.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 11:46 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Why British wants to go Australia?

Don't be ridiculous. That's a grotesque and completely unjustified generalisation.

Originally Posted by renth
The UK used to be a great country but is in terminal decline, the sensible people are getting the hell out whenever they get the chance. Living standards are very low unless you are extremely rich
Can't agree with that. The UK is still a great country, and you don't need squillions to have a decent standard of living.

and the government has let in far too many people from other countries whose values are opposed to those of the native population.
Definitely agree with that. Even one would be too many.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Jul 1st 2009 at 11:49 am.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:11 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why British wants to go to Australia?

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
An interesting insight into Asian life and a good indication to why Asians living in the UK are far more focussed on their education (generally) than most black or white kids and also why so many Asian seize opportunities a leave others in their wake.

I suppose we don't realise how lucky we are, I am going to be able to have more family time and withdraw (if only a little bit) from the rat race i'm currently in.
I see the cultural differences between Asian and Europeans all the time in regard to education though my Malaysian Chinese in-laws. The kids from young work very hard to outdo eachother and while they are great kids with excellent attitudes I feel that they are over stressed and don't enjoy their childhoods as much as they should. Under tens working on homework and projects at times approaching midnight is not uncommon. My own kids have two cultural influences so benefit from the goldilocks effect. They are very focused on their studies but are also allowed a generous amount of time to enjoy other activities.

From my own observations in the West, a child does not have to work much harder than their contemporaries to be among the top three in their class.

A happy child almost always becomes a happy adult.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone's been reading too much Jeremy Clarkson.

We moved over because we could, because we had a fancy for a change and because the climate in the UK was doing me no good at all.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:57 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Someone's been reading too much Jeremy Clarkson.

We moved over because we could, because we had a fancy for a change and because the climate in the UK was doing me no good at all.
For us it is to have more space, better weather, a brighter future () and to be closer to family.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Been there, done that. Europe is a great place for holidaying in, living there is another thing altogether. They can be incredibly insular, bureaucratic, rigid in their work structures and boring people.

I'd rather ignore all that and just holiday there enjoying the good things.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
The UK used to be a great country but is in terminal decline, the sensible people are getting the hell out whenever they get the chance. Living standards are very low unless you are extremely rich and the government has let in far too many people from other countries whose values are opposed to those of the native population.
Disagree with that I'm afraid!For one we're sensible and yes still in the UK,and secondly living standards are high for us and we're not extremely rich either!!!Lots of people still think the UK is great!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you're talking about South Wales when you say its a crime ridden strewn **** hole?Its not like that where I live.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.