Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why are Australian bricklayers so messy?

Why are Australian bricklayers so messy?

Old Oct 21st 2006, 8:38 am
Banned

Noddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why are Australian bricklayers so messy?

When I look at all the renovations around I am surprised by the poor quality of finish on the brickwork. Although I guess it's structurally sound the joints are usually just scraped off smearing all over the bricks. (I could almost understand this if the wall was going to be rendered) To see a well finished job is rare. I’m talking about Melbourne by the way.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 8:58 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Why are Australian bricklayers so messy?

Originally Posted by Noddy
When I look at all the renovations around I am surprised by the poor quality of finish on the brickwork. Although I guess it's structurally sound the joints are usually just scraped off smearing all over the bricks. (I could almost understand this if the wall was going to be rendered) To see a well finished job is rare. I’m talking about Melbourne by the way.
As a friend suggested to me (he's a builder), the majority are lazy and cannot be arsed, more interested in getting to the beach or pokie machines than work, god forbid!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
As a friend suggested to me (he's a builder), the majority are lazy and cannot be arsed, more interested in getting to the beach or pokie machines than work, god forbid!

bricklaying is a hard and demanding job i dont know of any lazy bricklayers
maybe some untidy ones
let me guess you sit on your fat ass all day in an office
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:11 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodandhayley
maybe some untidy ones
Too lazy to keep it tidy, same thing you numpty.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fraser
Too lazy to keep it tidy, same thing you numpty.
well ime sorry to say this again on this site in caps BUT IVE NEVER MET A HARD WORKING OZZI IN 3 YRS I THINK THINK SHEAL BE RITE SAYS IT ALL :scared:
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:41 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodandhayley
maybe some untidy ones
It doesn't matter whether you lay bricks or work in an office - or anywhere else for that matter - it's whether you do a job properly that makes you "professional".

I've seen appalling brickwork here. Not all, but an awful lot more than elsewhere. It's one of the reasons for "bagged brick" - it just covers up the dreadful workmanship.

And yes - I *have* laid bricks.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:46 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
It doesn't matter whether you lay bricks or work in an office - or anywhere else for that matter - it's whether you do a job properly that makes you "professional".

I've seen appalling brickwork here. Not all, but an awful lot more than elsewhere. It's one of the reasons for "bagged brick" - it just covers up the dreadful workmanship.

its probably from all the pommy migrant brickies, shocking it is.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spalen
oh wel it will be cos you ozziz do everything rite of course its a shame your all al lazy if you want it doing right and on time use a immigrant they do it on time better job and dont talk the talk we walk the walk and get it done
Old Oct 21st 2006, 11:05 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spalen
there is an element of truth in that remark and although it is a generalisation but i will say this the bricklayers i have hired over the years from the british isles are by and large dirty tradesmen and a fair amount end up out of work when it gets quiet ,and i know for sure they havent got a good name amongst builders .
I have found a good drug free australian crew will kick arse all over british brickies ,not only that they tend to be drama free too .
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

billv2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol

totally agree, it all comes down to attitude. The attitude toward work in australia is kind of "just enough to get by". A stark contrast to the Japanese, who do everything diligently and strive to produce the best quality.

A more funny thing is that these doofuses aren't even aware of the shoddy goods and services. They just smile and nod "no worries, mate!"

Last edited by billv2005; Oct 21st 2006 at 12:11 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:14 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Anyone know where I can find a Japanese Bricky?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:16 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Living in his mansion in Tokyo
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:19 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

No but we do have a really nice Japanese Restaurant down the road - very clean and tidy and they do fabulous sashimi
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:25 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vanessa
No but we do have a really nice Japanese Restaurant down the road - very clean and tidy and they do fabulous sashimi
Sorry Vanessa, no class me, I hate Japanese food. Apart from the occasional Vegetarian Sushi I'll never be in another Japanese restaurant.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:29 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Vanessa, no class me, I hate Japanese food. Apart from the occasional Vegetarian Sushi I'll never be in another Japanese restaurant.
I love it but the OH isn't so keen so we compromise. I have to eat Indian and in return he will eat Japanese but nothing raw for him. I HATE chinese food though and nothing will make me eat it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.