Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why Australia is soo warm and flies................!

Why Australia is soo warm and flies................!

Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:55 am
Banned

jjjannet5 will become famous soon enoughjjjannet5 will become famous soon enough
Default Why Australia is soo warm and flies................!

Hi,

One of my collegue was planning to move to Australia and the problem is he cannot face 43C temperature. Australia is very hot in summers and there are lot of spiders and flies....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656668

Thanks,
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:59 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Australia is soo warm and flies................!

Originally Posted by jjjannet5
Hi,

One of my collegue was planning to move to Australia and the problem is he cannot face 43C temperature. Australia is very hot in summers and there are lot of spiders and flies....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656668

Thanks,
43 every day here, when it drops below 41 I put a cardie on.

I want to move to France, I like the French countryside but I can't speak French and I don't like their attitude, what should I do?
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:00 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Can't do anything about the flies and spiders, they bug you, but live with it. Just wondering about the +43C comment. If he can tolerate +42C as you said, he should be ok most of the year, all of the year if in Tasmania.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjjannet5
What's the point of your post?????

Australia is a huge country - the same size of the US (with Alaska chopped off).

Yes, some areas get hot in summer. Some areas get lots of flies in summer. (The spiders are a myth.) But there are plenty of areas that get neither.

For example: You also have Tasmania which is as cold as England. And you get areas in Victoria/NSW that get so much snow in winter that you can only get about on skies and snow-mobiles.

Your "friend" should do a bit more research: www.bom.gov.au
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Can't do anything about the flies and spiders, they bug you, but live with it. Just wondering about the +43C comment. If he can tolerate +42C as you said, he should be ok most of the year, all of the year if in Tasmania.
What people don't realise is that it's 43 at night too ... it's a kerazy place
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:08 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

You what? Tell him not to bother.

Flies, heat, humidity, spiders - move here, deal with it and accept it easy really and not rocket science either.

If he is already stipulating the temperatures he will tolerate then he is in for one rude awakening.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:14 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

And tell your mate not to bother coming to Brisbane either. It' not only 43+ degrees day and night, it' 100% humid too.

He'll end up with hair like mine [<------ see my avatar for evidence]

If the weather don't kill you, the crocs will

yep, we get them here too. Even in the city
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:19 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

This one time, on television, I saw that London had been invaded by Daleks. I'm never going there.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
43 every day here, when it drops below 41 I put a cardie on.

I want to move to France, I like the French countryside but I can't speak French and I don't like their attitude, what should I do?
Move to Mongolia.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:52 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

If your mate's a firefighter then tell him not to go to NSW. It's a bugger of a job there. Apparently
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:01 am
native West Aussie

Genevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant future

And the worst thing is, we haven't discovered air conditioning yet!!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
If the weather don't kill you, the crocs will

yep, we get them here too. Even in the city
Yep saw a pair of crocs walking down the Queen St mall last Thursday lunchtime.

People here are so used to them here no-one batted an eyelid.

WW
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:19 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Yep saw a pair of crocs walking down the Queen St mall last Thursday lunchtime.

People here are so used to them here no-one batted an eyelid.

WW
They are apparently very comfortable. To me they look like something you wear in a hospital when you go walk about.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:20 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
They are apparently very comfortable. To me they look like something you wear in a hospital when you go walk about.
There are crocs in the hospital
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:36 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
If your mate's a firefighter then tell him not to go to NSW. It's a bugger of a job there. Apparently
They never leave their mates behind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.