British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Why Australia? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/why-australia-111509/)

pommie bastard Sep 17th 2002 1:42 am

Why Australia?

I know you lot love pointless polls. try this.

:D :beer:

shaun/lor Sep 17th 2002 6:29 am

Re: Why Australia?

Originally posted by pommie bastard:
I know you lot love pointless polls. try this.

oh its so confusing every time i click the ones that are really important to me the other one disapears.
and i cant make my mind up on just one, cant you help pb one or more of these must have been the shallow reason for you going in the first place.
or are you finding not being near rolf just too painfull.
i know what you mean i think hes great, so caring to the under privaledged like them two little boys he sings about, and the poor chap with three legs.
and well can you tell me the best place to buy me kylie lookalike from, i need to keep this a bit quiet as the missus would prefer us to get a jason donovan.
i think ill have to think about it a bit more.
shaun

pommie bastard Sep 17th 2002 6:36 am

Originally posted by shaun/lor:

oh its so confusing every time i click the ones that are really important to me the other one disapears.
and i cant make my mind up on just one, cant you help pb one or more of these must have been the shallow reason for you going in the first place.
or are you finding not being near rolf just too painfull.
i know what you mean i think hes great, so caring to the under privaledged like them two little boys he sings about, and the poor chap with three legs.
and well can you tell me the best place to buy me kylie lookalike from, i need to keep this a bit quiet as the missus would prefer us to get a jason donovan.
i think ill have to think about it a bit more.
shaun

This poll is very important , just you take your time this is not to be rushed .I voted number one, the other reasons are are just as good so think about it realy hard, it must be one of the above, if not will add any you can think of?. Best Wishes :confused: :beer:

dotty Sep 17th 2002 9:15 am

While chuckling at this poll, I had to ask which Australian Prime Minister was it that called Australia "The Arse End of the Universe".

I reckon it was Keating but old man reckons it was Hawke.

Anybody know. What a laugh you just cant imagine G Bush calling the USA the worlds ass can you. .

rhicel Sep 17th 2002 12:05 pm

. What a laugh you just cant imagine G Bush calling the USA the worlds ass can you

Dotty you are absolutely right, good ole George Jnr would never say something like that about his country.
what he would do however, is refuse to sign global climate change control agreements, despite the fact that his country is the biggest source of pollution on the planet.
I could really go on and on about the "attributes" (that is meant to be tongue in cheek by the way) of GWB but suffice to say the man will not go down in history as the most sensible world leader ever, nor anything close to it.

BTW, I've taken whoever it was's advice and put PB on my ignore list- absolutely wonderful!!! Now his silliness is just erased automatically for me!
Brilliant!
Maria

pommie bastard Sep 17th 2002 12:56 pm

Originally posted by rhicel:
. What a laugh you just cant imagine G Bush calling the USA the worlds ass can you

Dotty you are absolutely right, good ole George Jnr would never say something like that about his country.
what he would do however, is refuse to sign global climate change control agreements, despite the fact that his country is the biggest source of pollution on the planet.
I could really go on and on about the "attributes" (that is meant to be tongue in cheek by the way) of GWB but suffice to say the man will not go down in history as the most sensible world leader ever, nor anything close to it.

Maria

The only other country who refused to sign was Australia,when it comes to licking the USA arse they do it best.Good Luck :D

MrFlibbleUK Sep 17th 2002 8:06 pm

Weird was hoping there would be a ......

'Hoping that everyone in Oz looks like Holly Valance or Kylie'

Herman Sep 18th 2002 4:09 am

The only other country who refused to sign was Australia,when it comes to licking the USA arse they do it best.Good Luck :D

Of course they lick USA arse, Australia is an American state is'nt it?

pommie bastard Sep 18th 2002 11:43 pm

Originally posted by Herman:

Of course they lick USA arse, Australia is an American state is'nt it?

You must live here to make comments like that,next flag will have Stars and Stripes on it.:D :beer:

Herman Sep 19th 2002 3:28 am

You must live here to make comments like that,next flag will have Stars and Stripes on it.:D :beer:

I live in Sydney. Would like fries with that?
Made me laugh on the news the other day - Europeans are getting taller, Aussies are getting fatter. Why? Growth hormones in European meat, fatty fast food becoming the staple diet here. In 20 years time the only sport Aussies will be winning is sumo.
We are returing to UK soon after a few years here. Too far from relatives, too expensive to get anyway from the arse end of the world, don't want fat kids.

pommie bastard Sep 19th 2002 3:33 am

I live in Sydney. Would like fries with that?
Made me laugh on the news the other day - Europeans are getting taller, Aussies are getting fatter. Why? Growth hormones in European meat, fatty fast food becoming the staple diet here. In 20 years time the only sport Aussies will be winning is sumo.
We are returing to UK soon after a few years here. Too far from relatives, too expensive to get anyway from the arse end of the world, don't want fat kids.

Yes know what you mean , sounds like you could be be a target for the dreamers on this forum also.Any truth about Australia gets the back up ,of the smug sods on here.:D :beer:

Herman Sep 19th 2002 3:37 am

Yes know what you mean , sounds like you could be be a target for the dreamers on this forum also.Any truth about Australia gets the back up ,of the smug sods on here.:D :beer:

Unconcerned. Been there, done that, you can keep the t-shirt.

pommie bastard Sep 19th 2002 3:45 am

Unconcerned. Been there, done that, you can keep the t-shirt.

Do not know a lot about Sidney but its got to be better than Perth , this place has become a part of greater Manchester with the odd scouser a few Scots, Welsh and odd Irish.
Biggest sporting event is when Man Utd plays Liverpool and is shown live on Foxtel ,the pubs are packed out with Northern England lads .:D :beer:

Herman Sep 19th 2002 3:56 am

Do not know a lot about Sidney but its got to be better than Perth , this place has become a part of greater Manchester with the odd scouser a few Scots, Welsh and odd Irish.
Biggest sporting event is when Man Utd plays Liverpool and is shown live on Foxtel ,the pubs are packed out with Northern England lads .:D :beer:

Sydney's OK. Prefer Europe to Australia tho'. Oz has some good scenery but does'nt compensate for distance or lack of funding for key stuff - maternity leave, roads, healthcare, nurses, teachers, honest cops. Its too big, not enough people to pay tax. Hate sport obsession too, so boring.
Anyway people who love Oz usually have'nt seen the scenery on their own doorsteps - Lake District, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria - come off it, Australia is an UGLY DOG compared to these countries! Gum trees - bah!

pommie bastard Sep 19th 2002 4:22 am

Sydney's OK. Prefer Europe to Australia tho'. Oz has some good scenery but does'nt compensate for distance or lack of funding for key stuff - maternity leave, roads, healthcare, nurses, teachers, honest cops. Its too big, not enough people to pay tax. Hate sport obsession too, so boring.
Anyway people who love Oz usually have'nt seen the scenery on their own doorsteps - Lake District, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria - come off it, Australia is an UGLY DOG compared to these countries! Gum trees - bah!

We have also given up on the place same kind of reasons , family and friends , and also love travel its so much easier back in UK.
Also people here lack drive they look to others to show them how to sort things out , no ideas and no get and go.
I feel that its a case of when you arrive in Australia , put your clock forward and the calender back.
Every cock up ever made in the world ,is about to happen here because they follow not lead , the pollies here are the thickess on the face of the Earth bar none.
Good chating I take it you are under employed as well?