Reload this Page >

Why Asians and british themselves russing towards Australia

Why Asians and british themselves russing towards Australia

Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

umer830 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why Asians and british themselves russing towards Australia

Dear All,

I am an IT professional living here in pakistan. I just want to ask why asians but even british people are proffering Australia on UK. Where as UK have more powerful economy, Job opportunities, Strong currency. Health and social security benefits are better as compared to AUSTRALIA.

Then y AUSTRALIA.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:00 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Asians and british themselves russing towards Australia

Better weather
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Mikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant future

Big and vast country. Weather ranges from tropical in Northen Territory to Mediteranean in Victoria and Tasmania.

Mikail
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikail
Big and vast country. Weather ranges from tropical in Northen Territory to Mediteranean in Victoria and Tasmania.

Mikail
Mediterranean? Tasmania????
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:52 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

my reasons are all the new taxes the british government keep bringing in. If I'm still here when road charging comes in I'll have to quit my job as I won't be able to afford to work (I drive quite long distances at peak hours)
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Uk population..... 60+ million......traffic jams, poky litle houses with no garden, inner city "no go" areas....no bl**dy space!

Queensland .....land area 7 times that of the UK population 4 million

What I cant understand is why anybody wants to go to/stay in the UK!

Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by windog
What I cant understand is why anybody wants to go to/stay in the UK!
That puzzles me as well
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:10 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by yanH
That puzzles me as well
The OP is right. The number of higher paid and available job opportunites in the IT sector vaastly outnumber the quantity in Australia.

Australia is more about lifestyle for most... Thats why I came here. It wasnt for the money and not for the career.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I got a cold call the other day from an offshore call centre... I delight nowadays in saying no thank you s I am leaving the country in August...

Well that was a mistake.... the lovely young man who I was talking to and I then had a 30 minute conversation on the benfifits and draw backs of Australia vs uk and the economy/ weather/ politics/ nanny statedness of both.... we even discussed why perth and not anywhere else...

He too is considering immigation but where as he understands the concept of over crowding (he lives in small apartment in with wife and 3 kids in a city) he really didn't get the weather thing at all.....

I never did find out what it was he was 'selling' but I had an extremely therapeutic half hour....discussing the whole issue...
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by eddie007
I got a cold call the other day from an offshore call centre... I delight nowadays in saying no thank you s I am leaving the country in August...

Well that was a mistake.... the lovely young man who I was talking to and I then had a 30 minute conversation on the benfifits and draw backs of Australia vs uk and the economy/ weather/ politics/ nanny statedness of both.... we even discussed why perth and not anywhere else...

He too is considering immigation but where as he understands the concept of over crowding (he lives in small apartment in with wife and 3 kids in a city) he really didn't get the weather thing at all.....

I never did find out what it was he was 'selling' but I had an extremely therapeutic half hour....discussing the whole issue...
Why not?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

too busy talking about immigration issues....
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Welshrob1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by umer830
Dear All,

Where as UK have more powerful economy, Job opportunities, Strong currency. Health and social security benefits are better as compared to AUS.

I'd love to know where this is written! It seems everyone believes that is true of the UK who don't actually live here - The UK's health service is crippled by the influx of migrant workers and their families , if the UK imposed the same migration steps as Australia then I think most of those emigrating from the UK wouldn't!

As Dick Wittington found out - the streets aren't paved in gold!

Viva las OZ!!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:46 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Why Asians and british themselves russing towards Australia

Originally Posted by Welshrob1974
I'd love to know where this is written! It seems everyone believes that is true of the UK who don't actually live here - The UK's health service is crippled by the influx of migrant workers and their families , if the UK imposed the same migration steps as Australia then I think most of those emigrating from the UK wouldn't!
Actually, the NHS has been crippled by government policies. The problem began under Thatcher, with the introduction of a new management layer and the creation of an "inner market". Though loudly condemned by Labour at the time, this policy was eagerly adopted by the Blair government and subsequently expanded into the PFI system that we know today.

With vast sums of money bleeding from the public purse into private pockets, the NHS is now dying the "death of a thousand cuts". Ironically, this will make it easier for the government to privatise it in the future - on the grounds that "a publicly-funded NHS just wasn't viable anymore". Which is a lie, of course; not least because the NHS is already part-privatised.

As Dick Wittington found out - the streets aren't paved in gold!

Viva las OZ!!!
Just remember that the streets of Australia aren't paved with gold either...
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Welshrob1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

So we are in agreement then the NHS has been ruined! Plus, did I actually say the streets in OZ were paved in gold! I think not! Just making a point that it seems the UK has them to the outsider, my wife is Portuguese, moving here in 2000 - she has made her life here (for now), even she says this country is a fool to itself!

I don't wear rose tinted glasses, and I'm sure OZ will have its short comings but I'd rather spend my time there and not here!

Just my two pennies worth - make of that what you will
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:09 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Why Asians and british themselves russing towards Australia

Originally Posted by Welshrob1974
So we are in agreement then the NHS has been ruined!
Yep, no argument there.

Plus, did I actually say the streets in OZ were paved in gold! I think not! Just making a point that it seems the UK has them to the outsider, my wife is Portuguese, moving here in 2000 - she has made her life here (for now), even she says this country is a fool to itself!

I don't wear rose tinted glasses, and I'm sure OZ will have its short comings but I'd rather spend my time there and not here!

Just my two pennies worth - make of that what you will
Fair play to you, mate - just wanted to keep the thread balanced, that's all.

And I speak as an Aussie myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.