Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why are agents quicker?

Why are agents quicker?

Old Sep 2nd 2006, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

surfsup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why are agents quicker?

We applied for our visa back at the beginning of january meds all sent off end of june and not a word since. Everyone on austtime who applied around that time have all heard but they all have agents! We have not been asked for anymore info, as yet, but i presume we would have been asked that before meds? Is there anyone else who applied around this time still waiting? I just don't understand why having an agent would speed things up on the verification side of things.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Why are agents quicker?

Originally Posted by surfsup
We applied for our visa back at the beginning of january meds all sent off end of june and not a word since. Everyone on austtime who applied around that time have all heard but they all have agents! We have not been asked for anymore info, as yet, but i presume we would have been asked that before meds? Is there anyone else who applied around this time still waiting? I just don't understand why having an agent would speed things up on the verification side of things.

Did they send an acknowledgement letter with a case file number on it. If not - i would drop them an email. I know you shouldn't really email them if it's not an emergency or change of detail, but the majority (don't quote me on this) of Feb applicants and a lot of March are getting their visas - seems wierd why you haven't heard anything.

This should bump you up the list a bit, so you may get some more replies!

Good luck - waiting is terrible! :scared:
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JosieJ
Did they send an acknowledgement letter with a case file number on it. If not - i would drop them an email. I know you shouldn't really email them if it's not an emergency or change of detail, but the majority (don't quote me on this) of Feb applicants and a lot of March are getting their visas - seems wierd why you haven't heard anything.

This should bump you up the list a bit, so you may get some more replies!

Good luck - waiting is terrible! :scared:
yes had an acknowledgment letter but not since medicals. Sent an e-mail but told 3-4 weeks wait for a reply!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

yes had an acknowledgment letter but not since medicals. Sent an e-mail but told 3-4 weeks wait for a reply!!!

tricky one - i'd be interested in other's replies. All i can be definate on is that they have a severe backlog! When did you email?
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JosieJ
tricky one - i'd be interested in other's replies. All i can be definate on is that they have a severe backlog! When did you email?

Just over a week ago. You wouldn't think much to do after meds!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

It can take up to 12 weeks after they receive the meds, police checks and change of circumstances form for them to make a decision.

It should be any day now, so try to sit tight (as hard as it is )
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 2:23 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I would never use an agent. Its so easy to do things on your own. Why pay heaps more money for nothing? You done the right thing not using one. IMHO
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:22 am
Just Joined

decca will become famous soon enough

Because agents know all the pitfalls and all the immigration people, they charge a small fortune though
Old Sep 5th 2006, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jockstar
I would never use an agent. Its so easy to do things on your own. Why pay heaps more money for nothing? You done the right thing not using one. IMHO
Sorry I beg to differ. I think the £2k I paid my agent was the best money I ever spent. I also don't think I would have got a visa if I had not used an agent - they were seriously meticulous about the vetassess and just about everything else.

Sue
Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jockstar
I disagree. I could not have done it without an agent as my case was not straightforward as I had to get recognition of prior learning from the ACS.

However we did not use an agent for my wifes spouse visa as that was quite easy to do without an agent.

Every case is different, for some an agent is the best option, for some it is not.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cyclemark
I disagree. I could not have done it without an agent as my case was not straightforward as I had to get recognition of prior learning from the ACS.

However we did not use an agent for my wifes spouse visa as that was quite easy to do without an agent.

Every case is different, for some an agent is the best option, for some it is not.

were the same ,i used an agent because of my age and would only have 1 chance.
it probably have been straight forward (I'm a nurse)but didnt want to take a chance. so the money under £2000 is well worth it.

were on the last rung of the ladder just waiting on decision.

heres hoping

sSharon|_