Why ?

Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:06 pm
Just Startin'

scotpandj is on a distinguished road
Default Why ?

Just wondering why people want to live in Oz.What is your reason for wanting to move or already having moved?

Scotpandj
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:12 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Why ?

Originally Posted by scotpandj
Just wondering why people want to live in Oz.What is your reason for wanting to move or already having moved?

Scotpandj
We love the place and have always wanted to move there. We have friends and relatives out there and have been watching their progress for some years.

We've decided there's little to keep us here so are willing to try an adventure.

We're realists as well and know that we have to be brave enough to say that if it's not working we'll come back to UK.

But we'd never forgive ourselves if we didn't at least give it a go.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Scotpandj
We are the same - don't want to live all our lifes in the same place we were born. We want an adventure. Why OZ? The weather and the lifestyle for the kids. Hope it lives up to our expectations. If not, what have we lost at least we can say we tried. Not applied for visa yet - still getting papers together for skills assessment. It is a very exciting time once you have made up your mind that you want to go - it's all we think about and all we talk about at the moment.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
We are the same - don't want to live all our lifes in the same place we were born. We want an adventure. Why OZ? The weather and the lifestyle for the kids. Hope it lives up to our expectations. If not, what have we lost at least we can say we tried. Not applied for visa yet - still getting papers together for skills assessment. It is a very exciting time once you have made up your mind that you want to go - it's all we think about and all we talk about at the moment.
Same here, we were born and have lived and worked within a ten mile radius of where we are now all our lives but the world is a big place . It is so easy to travel and keep in touch that we do feel brave enough to venture out of our comfort zone and get a se nse of adventure now before its too late.
we are lucky though we have three sets of friends who haved paved the way before us
Why Australia Its the only place other than home i have ever visited where i felt at home It is scary though but so exciting too
good luck Mary and Stu
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:28 pm
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Because ...

... we love sun, (and hate cold)
... we would love to live near to beautiful beaches,
... Australia is crying out for people with my husbands skills, whereas here every engineering company he's ever worked for has gone bust (he promises me this is not just because he worked there!!)
... we don't feel strong ties to anywhere in the UK (we are serial house movers!)
... we see life as an adventure you only get to do once
... we think there is more to life than the UK can offer and there is only one way to find out!
.... we love sun!

Carole and Chris
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:36 pm
Just Startin'

scotpandj is on a distinguished road

We want decent weather
An outdoor life
Adventure
There is more to life than staying here and it will take bottle to move but we feel it is something we must try.The UK will still be in the same place if we want to come back.
We like the idea of Oz too coz of the language...it wont be a barrier.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

linda 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We want decent weather
An outdoor life
Adventure
There is more to life than staying here and it will take bottle to move but we feel it is something we must try.The UK will still be in the same place if we want to come back.
never heard a Glaswegian speak english in my life, are you learning?
Old Oct 1st 2004, 3:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cos its where my gorgeous loveable cute adorable hubby lives......... (do you think thats enough flattery to get him to buy me some Old Speckled Hen on his way home?!! )
Old Oct 1st 2004, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

cat5 will become famous soon enoughcat5 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Why ?

Originally Posted by marysidey
Same here, we were born and have lived and worked within a ten mile radius of where we are now all our lives but the world is a big place . It is so easy to travel and keep in touch that we do feel brave enough to venture out of our comfort zone and get a se nse of adventure now before its too late.
Why Australia Its the only place other than home i have ever visited where i felt at home It is scary though but so exciting too
good luck Mary and Stu
Couldn't agree with you more Mary,
i know we are in a simular position to you having teenage / older children......on the same wavelength i think.

p.s have sent you a P.M

colin
Old Oct 1st 2004, 9:48 am
Just Joined

luverly is on a distinguished road

Our case seems a little different to most The Fella put in an application for a job in Melbourne just to see what would happen and he got it so i sent my cv to a company and got offered a job too. Both companies have organised 4 year sponsored visas and PR when we get there. I am a recruitment consultant and The Fella is a quality engineer.
All happened very quickly, didn't even start thinking about it as a serious option until July this year and we leave for Melbourne in 3 weeks time.
We are both young with no ties and we both live 100's of mile away from our families just now so it seemed like the perfect time for an adventure !
Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Our second baby was born on 28th May, and we thought now is the time to go ... if we don't we'll have lots of excuses in a couple of years... age, schooling, etc .. and we don't want to be here in 20 years time thinking what if...
So we are hopefully.. off to the sea, sun and healthy outdoor lifestyle, we haven't any family or friends in Oz.. but equally we're used to fending for ourselves and know we'll have to make a huge effort to make things work.. if they don't we'll just come home... this website is a real motivation, it is so good to hear about girls nights out etc... and being realistic.. we haven't rosy specticles and don't think the grass is particularly greener.. just different... this is a huge exciting adventure for us, and we are really looking forward to making some new friends in the coming months!!
Old Oct 1st 2004, 11:43 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Scotpandj
my answer is easy...............Glasgow is Pish !!!!!!!

you are in for a shock. I repeat myself all day. I just love that glakit look on someones face when I speak. Dont worry Ive found a way round it. I just speak even faster THen and only then they pretend they know what you have just said.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 12:42 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
We love the place and have always wanted to move there. We have friends and relatives out there and have been watching their progress for some years.

We've decided there's little to keep us here so are willing to try an adventure.

We're realists as well and know that we have to be brave enough to say that if it's not working we'll come back to UK.

But we'd never forgive ourselves if we didn't at least give it a go.
Sun, Sea, Sand and Surf !
and the fact that we might actually be able to afford to buy a nice sized house and have a life, unlike living down south in the UK ... (Tooo expensive and not enough space to keep building on, it will run out eventually !!! )
Old Oct 1st 2004, 1:05 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Scotpandj
Because we love Australia.

We love the laid back lifestyle, the climate and we love the beach and the surf. Also we have close relatives out here.

And we will be more comfortable financially once we find work due to the housing boom back in the uk which has financed our move. Yes the Oz housing boom has taken off but in comparison to the uk it's still pretty cheap to buy a house and more for your money too.

Ever tried living in the North East of England in the winter with 6 hours of daylight? We hibernated for 4 months of the year, 4 wasted months, we can get 12 out here.

Walla

Last edited by walla1; Oct 1st 2004 at 1:22 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by soapy
my answer is easy...............Glasgow is Pish !!!!!!!

you are in for a shock. I repeat myself all day. I just love that glakit look on someones face when I speak. Dont worry Ive found a way round it. I just speak even faster THen and only then they pretend they know what you have just said.
My cousins from Glasgow came over for my brother's wedding here in Sydney. Whilst watching the wedding video, my brother's in-laws suggested that subtitles should be made for when my cousins were speaking Seriously!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.