Wikiposts

Why???

Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:47 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by young_lad
You're making lots of sense Simone.
Thanks, sometimes I wonder...

Mike:
You may have some good points to make about the downsides to life in Australia, but it's all lost.
I agree. Because of these, IMO(and others) stupid generalisations, people just ignore you, the point is lost.
I've you'd just discuss the situation, without generalising, many more people would take you seriously.
Obviously, you're trying to get a point across: Oz isn't perfect. Well, I agree, but the way you're trying to get it across isn't working, is it????

Last edited by Simone; Jun 9th 2004 at 11:55 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MikeStanton
Simone, obviously it is a generalisation. Of course there are exceptions - but they only serve to emphasise the general situation.
A little pearl of wisdom someone once said that I have remembered - 'People like, people like themselves'. The antithesis of this is that people don't tend to like people unlike themselves.

It happens in every country of the world. 'We' find thousands of ways to distinguish ourselves from people who are not like us - colour of skin is the easiest way to readily distinguish a difference, then we have appearance, religion, team you support, politics, which music you like, clothes you wear ................................................ People in general find it hard to accept differences. It's nothing earth shattering to say that there are racists in any country and to try and argue whether they are more racist in one country than another is impossible and pointless and young_lad summed it up perfectly! 'My country's better than your's na, na, na, na, na, na' is the way it comes across!!

OzTennis
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:56 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why???

Originally posted by Grayling
Quite an easy prediction really

Warming up nicely

G

I reckon your mystic meg really aren't you G??ohhhhh warm is an understatement at the mo !!!
eekkkkk

P
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:04 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OzTennis
'My country's better than your's na, na, na, na, na, na' is the way it comes across!!

OzTennis

fear not now that peter Garrett is running for labor in Kingsford smith all will be well in the world
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:14 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MikeStanton
Or, rather, how little you choose to see.

But then again, I presume that you are a WASP (or a suntanned WASP).
Wow Mike, when did God die & make you the all-seeing, all-knowing being?
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:17 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Handyandy180
Simple question really and would only need a simple answer. All I would like to know is why? Why do you want to leave the UK and live In Australia. I have just been asked this very same question and am curious to know what your answer was when and if you were asked that question.
Good luck to all that are trying.
Regards Chris and Andrea.
Well, it is a good job I did not come out here to get away from arrogant, opinionated tosspots, because the beauty of the Internet is that I can get access to them in droves (mainly on this site)

Why did I leave the UK and come out here? Because I met a girl and fell in love and she happened to live here and it was easier for me to move than for her. I would have moved to be with her wherever she was*, so I did not really choose Australia, Australia chose me.

Cheers,

DagBoy

* With the obvious exception of Germany or Wales
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:25 am
WBB

Originally posted by DagBoy

* With the obvious exception of Germany or Wales

Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Why did I leave the UK and come out here? Because I met a girl and fell in love and she happened to live here.....
And MrsDagboy is okay about that?
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:37 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

And MrsDagboy is okay about that?
LOL

OK - it should have said

Why did I leave the UK and come out here? Because I met and fell in love and married the gorgeous MrsDagBoy and she happened to live here.....
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

LOL

OK - it should have said

Why did I leave the UK and come out here? Because I met and fell in love and married the gorgeous MrsDagBoy and she happened to live here.....
I reckon this is MrsDagboy writing this stuff.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by seang
fear not now that peter Garrett is running for labor in Kingsford smith all will be well in the world
I know Peter can be very passionate about his causes but I'm sure Garrett will do a much better job than most politicians who don't belong to Midnight Oil, most belong to (preserve the) 'Status Quo'. (Midnight Oil announced their break up earlier this year, I know). How can we sleep while our beds are burning?

OzTennis
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:56 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon this is MrsDagboy writing this stuff.
LOL, nope, not me, plenty of people to vouch that hes a seperate entity, he posts his own posts .

No way I would call myself gorgeous .
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:01 am
Cheesy Member

Originally posted by OzTennis
I know Peter can be very passionate about his causes
Shame he was not passionate enough to be on the electoral roll and vote in the last 10 years

story here

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
LOL, nope, not me, plenty of people to vouch that hes a seperate entity, he posts his own posts .

No way I would call myself gorgeous .
Oh 'eck, upset the missus now .........

Just jesting of course

For what it's worth, it sounds like the two of you have got priorities right.

As for us (me and young_lass), we came out just because we wanted to - we didn't harbour hopes of finding cities without crime, perfect weather or even politicians with integrity(!). We just came to enjoy a different kind of life. We agreed we'd stay for 2 years and then we'll look at it again. We may go back, we may stay, who knows......
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:17 am
Cheesy Member

For what it's worth, it sounds like the two of you have got priorities right.
We certainly have, which is why I am going to stop reading (and posting) crap on here and go to bed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.