Wikiposts

Why???

Old Jun 9th 2004, 4:49 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Mel Gibson
Go to one of those Australian beaches on a summers day,with a clear blue sky, crystal clear blue water, miles of golden sand,
the sound of the surf breaking and surrounded by young topless
women that could pass for supermodels and you don't need to ask why you want to move to Australia.
Just in case you really are Mel.....
Watched one of your movies the other day...What Women Want.
Thought it was crap.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 7:19 pm
Mel Gibson

Originally posted by chippy
Just in case you really are Mel.....
Watched one of your movies the other day...What Women Want.
Thought it was crap.
Thats because everyone already knows what women want, which
is me.

Old Jun 9th 2004, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sunny spells
what else?

the violence that is inborn in people, the drinking that brings it out, the fact that cities are used as toilets by the drunken violent people, the food that tastes of chips regardless of what it is, the rain, the fact that buses have got exhausts a face lavel for the cyclists to die faster, the fact that a cappuccino costs 3 quid and tastes of washing up liquid, the fact that people drive 4x4 a 4 miles to the gallon to take 1 fat kid to school around the corner and perhaps the fact that pensioners are supposed to pay council tax in proportion to the current value of a house they bought 50 years ago when it was worth 1/10 of what it is now.

a part from the above, I see hardly any reason why people should leave.
oh my god, what part of Australia are you going to? Do you really think that there's no pollution in Australian cities? That buses don't churn out crap just like buses in England? Or that all the kids walk to school? That you never see a 4WD taking a fat kid 1km round the block? That there aren't fast food outlets on every strip or corner? That there's no violent crime? Or litter?

You might be in for a big shock!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
oh my god, what part of Australia are you going to? Do you really think that there's no pollution in Australian cities? That buses don't churn out crap just like buses in England? Or that all the kids walk to school? That you never see a 4WD taking a fat kid 1km round the block? That there aren't fast food outlets on every strip or corner? That there's no violent crime? Or litter?

You vill belive it, you vill believe it, watch life in the sun 300 times you vill belive it
Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:13 pm
wombat42

what else?

the violence that is inborn in people, the drinking that brings it out, the fact that cities are used as toilets by the drunken violent people, the food that tastes of chips regardless of what it is, the rain, the fact that buses have got exhausts a face lavel for the cyclists to die faster, the fact that a cappuccino costs 3 quid and tastes of washing up liquid, the fact that people drive 4x4 a 4 miles to the gallon to take 1 fat kid to school around the corner and perhaps the fact that pensioners are supposed to pay council tax in proportion to the current value of a house they bought 50 years ago when it was worth 1/10 of what it is now.

a part from the above, I see hardly any reason why people should leave.

This is the first time l have agreed with Dotty, but what your describing sounds just as much like Sydney or Melbourne as the Uk.

Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We got sick of the rat-race, traffic, pollution, work work work etc etc. Also we didn't want to be those people that live in the same house, in the same job and have the same friends etc for the next 40 years of our lives. Life is for living and exploring not being stuck in the same place all the time!

We now have a lifestyle many in the Uk would dream of. For us Australia has turned out to be everything we hoped, dreamed and wanted. We love it here, have a fantastic family life, are more active, fitter and have lots more friends than we ever did ( mainly down to time). Our kids are so happy and settled and are able to live like kids again.

Australia can be everything you hope it to be, not everyone ends up hating it and wanting to return! I know at leats 20 Brits out here that have been here for years and would never go back.

Hubby has just got back from a business trip to England and he hated every minute of it over there, there is no way he will ever go back to live.

:PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:26 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Tinaj

I don't think alot of people return to the UK because they hate it here..for me thats not the reason to return. I know many poms who have been here 20 years and would still love to go back to Uk but sadly they feel they have left it too long.

How nice that you have all that time to enjoy it. My hubby works long shifts and my daughter may go 4 days without seeing him...not easy for either of us !I'm glad it has worked out for all of you.

I am certainly looking forward to my return trip to UK and all my family and mates which I hold dear to my heart !!

Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:29 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by HiddenPaw

Agreed, if you go and live in the cities.

The answer is to not live in the cities

But even out here, we still see lots of mums in their 4x4's, taking the kids to school.

Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:39 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Tinaj

Perhaps if we ever came back we would check out your neck of the woods....sounds very nice up there !!!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why???

Originally posted by Grayling
This thread could easily get out of hand like so many other similar ones

Is that the intention?

G
Quite an easy prediction really

Warming up nicely

G
Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pants
Hey Tinaj

I don't think alot of people return to the UK because they hate it here..for me thats not the reason to return. I know many poms who have been here 20 years and would still love to go back to Uk but sadly they feel they have left it too long.

How nice that you have all that time to enjoy it. My hubby works long shifts and my daughter may go 4 days without seeing him...not easy for either of us !I'm glad it has worked out for all of you.

I am certainly looking forward to my return trip to UK and all my family and mates which I hold dear to my heart !!

As I said none of the Poms I have met have wanted to return at all, not because they have left it too long, but because they are happy here and on't want to go back.

Family does have a large part to play in whether you want to return or not. If you are really close to your families it will be a lot harder to live so far apart. We were never close to ours, so it is not an issue. Friends can be made wherever you are, even if you hold your old ones dear.

Good luck with your new life back, I hope it turns out to be everything you want.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:48 pm
Live the moment

Yes I also know many who are happy here too and have said that wild horses wouldn't drag them back.

Its each to their own isn't it...I have made some lovely friends here and will miss them also. Someone, somewhere will always be missed !!

All the best

P

Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Pants
Yes I also know many who are happy here too and have said that wild horses wouldn't drag them back.

Its each to their own isn't it...I have made some lovely friends here and will miss them also. Someone, somewhere will always be missed !!

All the best

P

True, it must be hard to go back again as well and start all over again. Which part are you heading back to? Are you going back to where you left or starting somewhere else?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:46 pm
Live the moment

Originally posted by tinaj
True, it must be hard to go back again as well and start all over again. Which part are you heading back to? Are you going back to where you left or starting somewhere else?
Yes not easy going home..we are both looking forward to being " settled" for a while. In the past 5 years we have moved 4 times and would like to put down a few roots at least for 5 years.!!!All these upheavals aren't easy.!!

I come from Surrey but we just can't afford anywhere back there now so we are looking at either West Sussex or East Sussex...both nice areas but we want a village or small town nothing big !!

How about you where did you come from in UK?

P
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

You're all being far too harsh on SunnySpells.

Apart from the slightly exaggerated cauppucino price and taste, and forgetting to include rape, overt racism and the large number of used hypodermic syringes, SunnySpells has summarised Oz city life very well.

Last edited by MikeStanton; Jun 9th 2004 at 10:00 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.