Why is it ?

Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why is it ?

Ok why is it, half the UK wants to get out and into Australia and half of Australia want to get out to UK and Europe for what appears to be the same reasons.

Think we should scrap visas and do a swop, 1 Ozzie for 1 Pom.

Think how much hassle this would save.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:00 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Why is it ?

Originally posted by karawara88
Ok why is it, half the UK wants to get out and into Australia and half of Australia want to get out to UK and Europe for what appears to be the same reasons.

That would never work. The aussies all want to go back once they've saved for a year or so.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:14 pm
Badge

Default 1 for 1

I think PeteY is bang on the money. I think the reality is - despite the likes of PB and Wilf - that the average Aussie wants to return to Australia after there OE. Gets it out of their system.

The reason why Australia does not overflow with migrants - of course most countries have NET population growths/ migration growths - is alot of migrants give up and return home.

On the 1 pom - 1 Aussie notion, this came to light last year when there were rumours that Blair was asking for the UK WHV to be for 2 years - as the Aussies get 2 years in the UK on their's. In the end it was unfounded. Maybe the aussie visa will be restricted to 1 year soon?

A lot of Brits got excited - conversely the ones IN aussie were miffed as they had "validated" and presumably would not get the extra year..

badgers

Last edited by badgersmount; Sep 25th 2003 at 2:27 pm.

Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:14 pm
WBB

not a bad idea, a kind of reciprocal agreement .

mind you one pom must be worth more than one aussie

Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:50 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by welshboybilly
not a bad idea, a kind of reciprocal agreement .

mind you one pom must be worth more than one aussie

I think a lot of it has to do with grass.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think a lot of it has to do with grass.
The smoking type or the easier to catch sheep on type.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:01 pm
WBB

im all for both

Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:02 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

The smoking type or the easier to catch sheep on type.
Could be both. For more detail on the sheep type ask taffboybilly. (Catching em is ok. Ask him what he does afterwards)
Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:08 pm
WBB

what i get up to with my sheep is my business and besides, i could get arrested for talking about it.

Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

My bro moved to Swansea for why I dont know, reckon it was because there were no sheep in Newcastle.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:21 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by welshboybilly
what i get up to with my sheep is my business and besides, i could get arrested for talking about it.
bbaaaaaaaaa. :scared: