Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why A$100k bond?

Why A$100k bond?

Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why A$100k bond?

I have been told since the points have been raised that I may have to submit a A$100k bond, does anyone know when this has to be paid and I know it is for 1year but is there any tricks I should know if they do ask. I know I will have to pay it but there are always hard ways and easy ways, I usually pick the hard one, hopefully not this time with your help!

I hope that they don't as but at the end of the day I understand why they do, what annoys me is one minute they are telling us to come with open arms and thn in the next breath they raise the stakes, geeza break.

Andy
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just lodged pur $100.000 bond with Queensland to gain the five points needed for our application. It is usually the last thing they ask for before visas are granted and they give you app 45days. We used Hifx to transfer the funds and are now waiting for confirmation in writing. All pretty straight forward

footie chikc
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by footie chick
We have just lodged pur $100.000 bond with Queensland to gain the five points needed for our application. It is usually the last thing they ask for before visas are granted and they give you app 45days. We used Hifx to transfer the funds and are now waiting for confirmation in writing. All pretty straight forward

footie chikc

That puts my mind at rest a wee bit thank you, thought I would have to drive around in a mini for a few months, or even worse live in a caravan for a few months, not good in the middle of winter in Scotland, well for that matter not good for any length of time in Scotland.

Was it becuase of the points change you had to submit yours?

Thank you!
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

No we were five points short so we opted for the bond to get the required 115 as we applied last year.

From my memory we recieved our bond request app four weeks after the meds were recieved however i think some people had a quicker response. So once your meds are requested you can start putting your finances in order.

footie chick
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:30 am
Oz bound I hope

EricB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ducatiandy
That puts my mind at rest a wee bit thank you, thought I would have to drive around in a mini for a few months, or even worse live in a caravan for a few months, not good in the middle of winter in Scotland, well for that matter not good for any length of time in Scotland.

Was it becuase of the points change you had to submit yours?

Thank you!
My advice would be to make sure you can hand over the money as soon as asked. You will see the figure 49 days bandied around but in reality it is much less.

You need to figure in the following; - the first 21 days of this are deemed to be for forwarding the letter and form 1134 to you (with page one completed by your case officer, not a copy), ours took around a fortnight to arrive. You then need to transfer money to the chosen state (for us a further week plus), transfer the form to the state treasury with page two completed and get it all receipted. The by now completed form then needs to be back at DIMIA and with your case officer before the end of the final 28 days. The processing of the form and deposit in the State Teasury was around 8 to10 days and then there is the courier to DIMIA on top of that. All in all the time evapourates. DO NOT even consider waiting for the form to organise sourcing your 100k.

We too now await the final decision.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by EricB
My advice would be to make sure you can hand over the money as soon as asked. You will see the figure 49 days bandied around but in reality it is much less.

You need to figure in the following; - the first 21 days of this are deemed to be for forwarding the letter and form 1134 to you (with page one completed by your case officer, not a copy), ours took around a fortnight to arrive. You then need to transfer money to the chosen state (for us a further week plus), transfer the form to the state treasury with page two completed and get it all receipted. The by now completed form then needs to be back at DIMIA and with your case officer before the end of the final 28 days. The processing of the form and deposit in the State Teasury was around 8 to10 days and then there is the courier to DIMIA on top of that. All in all the time evapourates. DO NOT even consider waiting for the form to organise sourcing your 100k.

We too now await the final decision.

Thanks for that. I think the best idea is once asked for medicals get the money transfered and ready to go.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:10 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why A$100k bond?

I have been told since the points have been raised that I may have to submit a A$100k bond, does anyone know when this has to be paid and I know it is for 1year but is there any tricks I should know if they do ask. I know I will have to pay it but there are always hard ways and easy ways, I usually pick the hard one, hopefully not this time with your help!

I hope that they don't as but at the end of the day I understand why they do, what annoys me is one minute they are telling us to come with open arms and thn in the next breath they raise the stakes, geeza break.

Andy

Our meds were received just over a week ago, and we are awaiting request now for bond, i hope eveythings ok.

We plan on bond to QLD.

Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:11 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Andy,

This webpage might help:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=155

Best regards.

Andy
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Andy,

This webpage might help:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=155

Best regards.

Thanks Alan, still had no call yet!