Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's off to Melbourne Aug/Sept'05?

Who's off to Melbourne Aug/Sept'05?

Old Jun 26th 2005, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Three P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura about
Question Who's off to Melbourne Aug/Sept'05?

I've noticed over the past few weeks that a few people have mentioned that they are going to Melbourne within the coming months. Just wondering who's going and do you know which area you are heading?

We are off mid Aug and are initial staying in temporary accommodation in Werribee for 2 weeks, but we are not sure where really we will be looking at getting more permanent rented accomodation. We are going to hire a car and just go round different area's shortlisting where we quite like!

Jenny
Old Jun 26th 2005, 4:14 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Who's off to Melbourne Aug/Sept'05?

Originally Posted by Three P's
I've noticed over the past few weeks that a few people have mentioned that they are going to Melbourne within the coming months. Just wondering who's going and do you know which area you are heading?

We are off mid Aug and are initial staying in temporary accommodation in Werribee for 2 weeks, but we are not sure where really we will be looking at getting more permanent rented accomodation. We are going to hire a car and just go round different area's shortlisting where we quite like!

Jenny
Myself going on 04July. Heading to South Yarra. But will look out for house on rent in North of Melb...will also accept relocation based on Job.
Wish me luck ...
Old Jun 26th 2005, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default Re: Who's off to Melbourne Aug/Sept'05?

We're (me and aussie husband) going to Melbourne in November. My husband is from Geelong and doesn't know Melboure too well. We're heading over towards Lilydale or Ferntree Gully - we'll decide on which when we land. I wishing time would hurry up - I can't wait! Good luck with your plans
Old Jun 26th 2005, 4:35 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Jenny
We arrive there on Friday the 9th September, can't decide whether to stay Point Cook/Sanctuary Lake or maybe around Hampton. We can't decide yet.....much thinking to be done in the next few weeks.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 5:49 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

We'll be arriving around that time, not too sure about where to
Old Jun 26th 2005, 6:47 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Talking Re: Who's off to Melbourne Aug/Sept'05?

We arrive 28th Aug. Staying at the BIG4 at Braybrook 9Km from city centre for 3 weeks.

Then starts the big hunt around the "burbs" we will look West & S/E & see what takes our fancy. Any recomendations appreciated.

Never know i might even find a job.

Stu
Old Jun 26th 2005, 6:50 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Jenny
Jenny,

Whats you inital accomodation like, just being nosey?

Stu
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:03 pm
Living the dream.

The MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant future

Hi Jenny, We (Hubby, 17 Yr old Son and I) are heading out to Melbourne probably in the 2nd week of Aug 05. Our Furniture leaves in 3 weeks so we will need to leave about 4 or 5 weeks after that. Our initial accom will probably be the Crown Plaza hotel as we stayed there last year when we did our Recce. We will probably then move to one of the Big4 campsites; either the same as Stu and his clan, or the Frankston Holiday village (someone said earlier that they are staying there for 3 weeks for 740 quid. After that we will be looking for a 6 month rental in the South Eastern Suburbs. We took a long look at the area when we visited last year and think that Berwick or Narre Warren will be our first choice. There is alot of development going on down there and the plots of land are reasonably priced as are the new build homes. Our dream is to have one of the 4 bedroom "McMansions" on a new estate and commute to work somewhere in the local area. Having said that, we never looked at Point Cook and will have to do so as a friend of ours reckons you can get a whole lot of house for your money in the South west.

Whatever the result, it's dead exciting if not a little scary and we can't wait. Does anyone else feel like they are about to do something like a parachute or bungee jump??

Tina
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:47 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pako
We're (me and aussie husband) going to Melbourne in November. My husband is from Geelong and doesn't know Melboure too well. We're heading over towards Lilydale or Ferntree Gully - we'll decide on which when we land. I wishing time would hurry up - I can't wait! Good luck with your plans
Some lovely wineries not too far from Lilydale. Beautiful area.

D D
Old Jun 26th 2005, 8:08 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Hi we are hoping to be arriving early Aug, dependent upon house sale. We will be staying next door to my Uncle for the first few weeks then hopefully renting in Kyneton or somewhere nearby (about 1 hour north of Melbourne).

We have decided on there as that is where I have family so the support will be good. We will then take it from there.

Michelle
Old Jun 26th 2005, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

We are hoping to be in Melbourne in Jan 06, in time for the start of the school year. We will probably be settling in the Mentone/cheltenham area (SE Suburbs/Bayside) as that is where our family is. You don't really get a lot of house for your money though I am afraid.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

Er, me too in this time frame. Looking at South Yarra, possibly Albert Park, etc, as I'm a "city person" really who likes his lattes! First purchase will probably be a nice mountain bike so I can spend time looking at a variety of suburbs in the closest detail, a bit like London taxi drivers who "Do The Knowledge".
Old Jun 26th 2005, 11:45 pm
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

Three of us (myself, my wife and my son) flying on 11th August. After two nights in Kuala Lumpar, we shall arrive in Melbourne on the 14th, where we will stay at my Sister's house in Nunawading. I hope she knows what she's letting herself in for.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fozzie
Hi we are hoping to be arriving early Aug, dependent upon house sale. We will be staying next door to my Uncle for the first few weeks then hopefully renting in Kyneton or somewhere nearby (about 1 hour north of Melbourne).

We have decided on there as that is where I have family so the support will be good. We will then take it from there.

Michelle

Hey,

Kynton isnt far from me. I go through Kynton to get to Melbourne (Well, past it as the Highway doesnt go through it anymore). If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Hels
Old Jun 27th 2005, 5:08 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Wink Re: Who's off to Melbourne Aug/Sept'05?

Originally Posted by The MCs
Hi Jenny, We (Hubby, 17 Yr old Son and I) are heading out to Melbourne probably in the 2nd week of Aug 05. Our Furniture leaves in 3 weeks so we will need to leave about 4 or 5 weeks after that. Our initial accom will probably be the Crown Plaza hotel as we stayed there last year when we did our Recce. We will probably then move to one of the Big4 campsites; either the same as Stu and his clan, or the Frankston Holiday village (someone said earlier that they are staying there for 3 weeks for 740 quid. After that we will be looking for a 6 month rental in the South Eastern Suburbs. We took a long look at the area when we visited last year and think that Berwick or Narre Warren will be our first choice. There is alot of development going on down there and the plots of land are reasonably priced as are the new build homes. Our dream is to have one of the 4 bedroom "McMansions" on a new estate and commute to work somewhere in the local area. Having said that, we never looked at Point Cook and will have to do so as a friend of ours reckons you can get a whole lot of house for your money in the South west.

Whatever the result, it's dead exciting if not a little scary and we can't wait. Does anyone else feel like they are about to do something like a parachute or bungee jump??

Tina

Hi Tina

Yes ....... me!!!!! :scared: I've been pretty positive about the whole thing up to now. Our removals are coming on 14th July and it is hitting home now how close we are to going. I'm sure we'll all be fine, just want it to get here now so we can get on with it. Looked at those new houses you told Stu about and they look lovely. Anyway take care and good luck and maybe we'll see you in Melbourne soon!
Lorraine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.