Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's living in Buderim and Mountain Creek

Who's living in Buderim and Mountain Creek

Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Pomdownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who's living in Buderim and Mountain Creek

Hi everyone, my family(My wife Margaret and our three boys 14, 11 and 9) and I have been living in the western suburbs of Brisbane for nearly three years now and are happy with our move to Australia from Bournemouth, England.

We miss the coast and although the Gold coast is only an hour away and the Sunshine coast a little more we would prefer to be able to enjoy the coast more easily. We really like it around Mooloolaba and have decided we want to move to the Mountain Creek-Buderim area.

Our oldest boy is presently at the Queensland Academy in Toowong,Brisbane studying the International Baccerlorate system and although he is doing fairly well he really isn't enjoying the style of teaching or the environment. With this in mind we have heard the Mountain Creek School has a good reputation and also covers both syllabuses ( I.B and O.P. ) I would appreciate if anyone who has any knowledge about this School along with Mountain Creek Primary please let us know!

How many expats are living in this area as it seems alot by the number of posts on this forum!

I used to be a Chef before coming out to Brisbane but wanted a change and presently own a gardening franchise but am considering working as a mortgage broker on the Sunshine coast......anybody else working in these fields?

I look forward to any advice!

All the best

Pomdownunder
www.downunderpoms.com
Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Who's living in Buderim and Mountain Creek

Originally Posted by Pomdownunder
Hi everyone, my family(My wife Margaret and our three boys 14, 11 and 9) and I have been living in the western suburbs of Brisbane for nearly three years now and are happy with our move to Australia from Bournemouth, England.

We miss the coast and although the Gold coast is only an hour away and the Sunshine coast a little more we would prefer to be able to enjoy the coast more easily. We really like it around Mooloolaba and have decided we want to move to the Mountain Creek-Buderim area.

Our oldest boy is presently at the Queensland Academy in Toowong,Brisbane studying the International Baccerlorate system and although he is doing fairly well he really isn't enjoying the style of teaching or the environment. With this in mind we have heard the Mountain Creek School has a good reputation and also covers both syllabuses ( I.B and O.P. ) I would appreciate if anyone who has any knowledge about this School along with Mountain Creek Primary please let us know!

How many expats are living in this area as it seems alot by the number of posts on this forum!

I used to be a Chef before coming out to Brisbane but wanted a change and presently own a gardening franchise but am considering working as a mortgage broker on the Sunshine coast......anybody else working in these fields?

I look forward to any advice!

All the best

Pomdownunder
www.downunderpoms.com
Please.......anyone on the sunshine coast, and I know there are quite a few of you there.......please reply!

Pomdownunder
Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Please.......anyone on the sunshine coast, and I know there are quite a few of you there.......please reply!

Pomdownunder
I'll put your thread in the main forum, might get more responses there, though the forum is often very quiet over the weekend
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'll put your thread in the main forum, might get more responses there, though the forum is often very quiet over the weekend
Hi Pollyana, I tried the main forum but got no reply! So I thought I would try the update forum.....no luck so far

Pomdownunder
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Stefjt will become famous soon enoughStefjt will become famous soon enough

hi there
My brother in law and his wife live in Buderim and their 3 children go to Mountain Creek state school. They are very happy with the area and school, i am hoping to emigrate there too, we (me,husband & daughter) are just about to send paperwork to TRA. Spent xmas just gone out there and fell in love with the place!
hope you get some more feed back, would be useful for me too.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Munchmel will become famous soon enough

HI there, we are in Chencellor Park, 10 mins from mountain creek/Buderim. Mountain Creek has an excellent reputation, and as long as you are within catchment area, they have to take you. Our kids will be starting Chancellor state college & Primary (14,12,10 &2) they don't do th IB though. OH is a chef, thought about a change, but for the time being its easy getting chef work on sunny coast. Soz can't be of more help...but there are otheres out there with their kids at Mountain Creek, Good luck to you all,

Melx
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Munchmel
HI there, we are in Chencellor Park, 10 mins from mountain creek/Buderim. Mountain Creek has an excellent reputation, and as long as you are within catchment area, they have to take you. Our kids will be starting Chancellor state college & Primary (14,12,10 &2) they don't do th IB though. OH is a chef, thought about a change, but for the time being its easy getting chef work on sunny coast. Soz can't be of more help...but there are otheres out there with their kids at Mountain Creek, Good luck to you all,

Melx
we have put an application in for two houses in the MC area. we have rellies who live there. lads start school in a few weeks.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Mountain Creek and our son goes to the school. We like it here as it's close to the beaches, great for walking the dog and near enough to the shops. Loads of brits live here and there isn't a day that goes by when you don't hear a british accent :-))
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
We live in Mountain Creek and our son goes to the school. We like it here as it's close to the beaches, great for walking the dog and near enough to the shops. Loads of brits live here and there isn't a day that goes by when you don't hear a british accent :-))
Do you know anything about the I.B. program the high school operates? We are not sure weather our oldest will carry on with this or go back to O.P.!

We have one boy that will be going to Mountain Creek Primary, do you know anything about this School? We also need the catchment area for this school as they don't have it on their website, and I've read on BE that their area is smaller then the High School's!

We are dreading the idea of moving yet again!!! and also moving back into a rental as we have a nice Queenslander now which tuck some time to find, but it's only a house.

Has anybody got any advice on renting in the Mountain Creek area, we have a jack Russell which will make it harder.

Pomdownunder
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know anything about the I.B. program the high school operates? We are not sure weather our oldest will carry on with this or go back to O.P.!

We have one boy that will be going to Mountain Creek Primary, do you know anything about this School? We also need the catchment area for this school as they don't have it on their website, and I've read on BE that their area is smaller then the High School's!

We are dreading the idea of moving yet again!!! and also moving back into a rental as we have a nice Queenslander now which tuck some time to find, but it's only a house.

Has anybody got any advice on renting in the Mountain Creek area, we have a jack Russell which will make it harder.

Pomdownunder
Areas are different for primary/high as the high is 2300 students and growing and is fed by 4 primary schools, mt ck, buderim, mooloolaba, buddina. Mt ck has the high school the others dont have one.

Think mt ck primary is 1100 kids, big reputation but mixed comments from friends whose kids go there. Main prob last yr was class sizes, some full classes were taking up to 7 extra kids, mainly immigrants. Also some very happy with teachers and other with really negative comments, suppose like any school depends on the mix of kids and the teacher you land.

IB at the high school depends on the academic results of your child, looked into it for youngest son, our canadain/singapore friends kids went there, a lot of work, quite stressful in the IB programme but I suppose it would be wouldnt it? We have discussed the programme for our youngest son, but we dont live in the area, and its not a area I want to move into, so he will probably go private.

Edit- Renting, supposed to be a rental shortage but look on realestate.com, dont rule out renting with a dog we managed it for quite a while but had to accept older property.

Last edited by jad n rich; Jul 2nd 2007 at 9:36 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Areas are different for primary/high as the high is 2300 students and growing and is fed by 4 primary schools, mt ck, buderim, mooloolaba, buddina. Mt ck has the high school the others dont have one.

Think mt ck primary is 1100 kids, big reputation but mixed comments from friends whose kids go there. Main prob last yr was class sizes, some full classes were taking up to 7 extra kids, mainly immigrants. Also some very happy with teachers and other with really negative comments, suppose like any school depends on the mix of kids and the teacher you land.

IB at the high school depends on the academic results of your child, looked into it for youngest son, our canadain/singapore friends kids went there, a lot of work, quite stressful in the IB programme but I suppose it would be wouldnt it? We have discussed the programme for our youngest son, but we dont live in the area, and its not a area I want to move into, so he will probably go private.

Edit- Renting, supposed to be a rental shortage but look on realestate.com, dont rule out renting with a dog we managed it for quite a while but had to accept older property.
Heres the MC school catchment area

The info given here is what we have been advised off too, in fact it mirrors what what of the real estate agents was telling us when we were viewing a property yesterday.

My mither is we also like Buderim but if there are enough kids for our lads to have a social life.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MtnCreekcatchmentarea.pdf (1.48 MB, 243 views)
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Heres the MC school catchment area

The info given here is what we have been advised off too, in fact it mirrors what what of the real estate agents was telling us when we were viewing a property yesterday.

My mither is we also like Buderim but if there are enough kids for our lads to have a social life.

Buderim is a big area, going by the amount of schools around think plenty of kids about, the main street has nightmare traffic at school time or rush hour, the state schools got about 900 kids. Plus buderim has private schools too, like matthew flinders (about $9000 a child tho) they have about 1200 kids, plus the catholic school is on the buderim border, (huge waiting lists but another 1000 kids) plus of course the mountain creek school takes the buderim kids for state high.

Last edited by jad n rich; Jul 2nd 2007 at 10:20 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Buderim is a big area, going by the amount of schools around think plenty of kids about, the main street has nightmare traffic at school time or rush hour, the state schools got about 900 kids. Plus buderim has private schools too, like matthew flinders (about $9000 a child tho) they have about 1200 kids, plus the catholic school is on the buderim border, (huge waiting lists but another 1000 kids) plus of course the mountain creek school takes the buderim kids for state high.
thats the sort of valuable info we need.cheers for that. viewing a couple of houses on Mooloolaba road today.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Do you have any knowledge of the other three primary School's you mentioned here (other then Mountain Creek ) Buderim primary looks good from there website but what about the reality?

As long as we live in the catchment area for the high School we could live nearer to Buderim!

Feeling a little guilty this morning as we told our youngest last night (the other two already know and are happy with the move) When asked what he thought about the move he said he didn't mind but would like to stay! He has built up alot of mates again here, he is also very good at soccer and has become a bit of a star within his team. But is is also the one that is likely to resettle quickest as he did when we arrived in Brisbane!

Does anybody have the link to the catchment area for the MC Primary, I have the high Schools but believe the Primary's is much smaller.

Thanks for your help.

Pomdownunder
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
thats the sort of valuable info we need.cheers for that. viewing a couple of houses on Mooloolaba road today.
Hi CathnPaul,

How long have you been on the Sunshine coast now? I see you got your visas back in February. I guess you are renting as present? How many Children do you have?

How did you get on with the house viewings? Are they rentals or are you looking to buy?

Regards

Pomdownunder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.