Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's leaving in November & where to?

Who's leaving in November & where to?

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default Who's leaving in November & where to?

I'm leaving with my aussie husband in November for Melbourne, i was just wondering who else is heading out around the same time and where they are going? Thought it might be interesting to see how far people are with their relocation plans!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:54 am
newbie (sydney bound)

jayney will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Who's leaving in November & where to?

Was aiming for November, but main app only just about going in so thats a no now. When we do go though it will be sydney, along the northern beaces. We cant wait defo aiming to be there for January so kids are ready to start the new school year.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pako
I'm leaving with my aussie husband in November for Melbourne, i was just wondering who else is heading out around the same time and where they are going? Thought it might be interesting to see how far people are with their relocation plans!

Hi there, we are also aiming to leave around the 1st November to Sydney, either Bondi or Dee Why area. Defiantly near the beach. We are waiting to hear any day now for our visa grant, i am hoping we don't have to wait until the new quota year 1st July as i am eager to get tings moving with the house. I am a little wary of starting anything until i am sure that visa is in my passport, feel like i am tempting fate!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:49 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Heading out to the Gold Coast early November. Or we will be assuming we can sell the house. Already have PR visa and were originally planning on going this month, but thanks to the houseing market we are now having to wait, also agreed to stay on at work until end of October in exchange for an expenses paid holiday to the GC in 2 weeks time.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:51 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Wouldnt mind being in WA but all depends when we get visa grant and sell house.

Just waiting on meds which are in three weeks so fingers crossed wont be long after that to get visa then house can go on the market...
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 2:00 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

We have booked our tickets for 1st November to Sunshine Coast. Visas are firmly in our passports.

I'm about to send off for my teacher registration and we're in the process of getting quotes for shipping, Brittania and a local company have been round, Pickfords, John Mason and PPS are due in the next week or so. We'll probably ship our stuff late September.

Estate Agents also coming round with view to letting our house from beginning of October.

Mrs PWBCSA
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

hi

we are hoping to go over to victoria late oct/early nov. Visa application is going in on the 1st of july to coinceide with the new online service

toni
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PWBCSA
We have booked our tickets for 1st November to Sunshine Coast. Visas are firmly in our passports.

I'm about to send off for my teacher registration and we're in the process of getting quotes for shipping, Brittania and a local company have been round, Pickfords, John Mason and PPS are due in the next week or so. We'll probably ship our stuff late September.

Estate Agents also coming round with view to letting our house from beginning of October.

Mrs PWBCSA
We also want to fly out on or around the 1st November. If you don't mind me asking who have you booked your flight with, did you get a good deal for one way travel?
We are also wanting to let our property whilst living in Oz. We have had the estate agents around to give us a quote which for us seems very attractive. But i have heard horror stories about letting and because you are the other side of the world theres not alot you can do about it. Theres also the tax implications when you do come to sell in however many years time to think about and we are wondering whether to cut our losses and sell?
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

deano will become famous soon enoughdeano will become famous soon enough

Hi, We are going to Adelaide in Nov 05........ :scared:
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:08 pm

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

We would like to be heading for the Sunshine Coast in early November. Earlier if at all possible. House is on the market and has been since early February. Only had 1 viewing but we do have another for tomorrow (so fingers crossed). We will be out in November on a validation trip if the house hasn't sold.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:10 pm

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shelley29
We would like to be heading for the Sunshine Coast in early November. Earlier if at all possible. House is on the market and has been since early February. Only had 1 viewing but we do have another for tomorrow (so fingers crossed). We will be out in November on a validation trip if the house hasn't sold.

... that is assuming the visas are granted but the agent says that since they have asked for the money, it's a sure thing.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by Goodwin
We also want to fly out on or around the 1st November. If you don't mind me asking who have you booked your flight with, did you get a good deal for one way travel?
We are also wanting to let our property whilst living in Oz. We have had the estate agents around to give us a quote which for us seems very attractive. But i have heard horror stories about letting and because you are the other side of the world theres not alot you can do about it. Theres also the tax implications when you do come to sell in however many years time to think about and we are wondering whether to cut our losses and sell?
We're flying out on 28th Nov and paid about £360 each one way with Cathay. we booked via ebookers and took a 2 day stop off in Hong Kong staying in 4* hotel. Full total for the 2 of us was £1100