Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's leaving this month?

Who's leaving this month?

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's leaving this month?

There seems to quite a few of us leaving this month, so it would be interesting to see how many and where everyone is heading

We leave next Tuesday (8th), with Cathay Pacific via a short stop at Hong Kong, 4 days in Cairns and onto the Gold Coast on the 14th.

Stuffs being shipped with PSS on the 7th, same day the cat gets picked up by Ryslip.

Mandy
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:58 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's leaving this month?

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
There seems to quite a few of us leaving this month, so it would be interesting to see how many and where everyone is heading

We leave next Tuesday (8th), with Cathay Pacific via a short stop at Hong Kong, 4 days in Cairns and onto the Gold Coast on the 14th.

Stuffs being shipped with PSS on the 7th, same day the cat gets picked up by Ryslip.

Mandy
We leave on the 24 th with Singapore airlines to Perth. Having a 4 night stopover in Singpore. Packers coming 15 th and 16 th !

Emotions all over the place today as we are clearing the house up !!!
Feeling sick all the time ....god i hope i go through with it all as right now i could easily turn back !!!

Good luck MAndy ....how are you feeling ?
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much the same as you. Today has been ok, I feel quite happy and relaxed about things but this can change daily even hourly. Just have to keep reminding myself why we are doing it
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

lee88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2

Mandy
Hi Mandy we leave at the end of the month but for Brisbane well redcliffe hopefully.

Lisa
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

We leave on the 20th for Perth with singapore airlines, shippers in on 7th and 8th so frantically trying to get ready for them

Exchange contracts on house on the 11th so moving in with my parents for a week and then we're off

Feel a bit like all of you, a mixture of excitement/guilt/nausea/terror/stress/fear/horror/stress (have i said that one??!! )

Julie x
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Hi All

Julie we too are flying on 20th with Singapore Airlines. What time is your flight? Ours is at 6pm. We are staying overnight in Singapore and arrive in Perth on 23rd
I know exactly how you all feel. Just moved out of our house into mums over xmas and spent last few days cleaning and painting. Said my goodbyes to the house yesterday and cried. So many good memories.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:28 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Hi all

We leave on the 20th for Perth with singapore airlines, shippers in on 7th and 8th so frantically trying to get ready for them

Exchange contracts on house on the 11th so moving in with my parents for a week and then we're off

Feel a bit like all of you, a mixture of excitement/guilt/nausea/terror/stress/fear/horror/stress (have i said that one??!! )

Julie x
We havent even sold the house yet
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Hi
We leave 24th, also flying with Cathay Pacific, stopping off in Hong Kong for 3nights, arrive Perth 28th...I'm dreading the goodbyes.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Goodbyes already started for us This is the worse bit of it all I think. I also think it is harder for those people you leave behind. You on the other hand have so much to do with getting your new life up and running.

I have brought some of the 'Bache Remedy' stuff, it helped me last time and it has helped me this time too, it just takes the edge off the panic and the stress. You can buy it at any chemist.

http://www.bachshop.co.uk/catalog/?g...FQE_MAodESipOg

Mandy

Last edited by Scrawni 2; Jan 2nd 2008 at 7:36 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LisaT
Hi All

Julie we too are flying on 20th with Singapore Airlines. What time is your flight? Ours is at 6pm. We are staying overnight in Singapore and arrive in Perth on 23rd
I know exactly how you all feel. Just moved out of our house into mums over xmas and spent last few days cleaning and painting. Said my goodbyes to the house yesterday and cried. So many good memories.
We fly from Manchester at 10am and arrive in Perth 1530 on monday 21st - scary when you put it down in black and white!!

Issie - fingers crossed your house sells, to be honest we'd already booked flights and decided to just go anyway and luckily it seems to be working out so far although I'm not counting my chickens till the moneys in the bank next friday!!

Thanks for the link scrawni, i havent tried the pastilles yet but heard they're good and intend to get a crate full!!!
Safe journey to us all
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:04 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

We leave on 9th Jan 10 am with Singapore from Manchester, shippers coming this Fri, house not sold yet

Stopping near my brother in Manly NSW for 5 days then up to Terrigal on Central Coast where we have a fantastic rental next to the lagoon until 18th Feb, hope to have jobs & a long term rental by then.

Can't wait

Sim
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

All is looking good for our house to exchange tomorrow, then we will book our flights for about 3 weeks time, depending on how kind my boss is feeling about letting me take some of my notice as unpaid holiday.
I then start a horticulture course on the 4th of Feb in Adelaide.

We are taking the dog to the shippers on Friday and she flys out Sunday night

It really doesn't feel real for me yet. We have been waiting SO LONG for this house sale, and could not go without it. We are selling everything (well as much as we can in 10 days) and will buy new stuff once in Oz. There has been so much stress that we haven't really let ourselves get excited, as we have been there before and couldn't face the upset again if it fell through.

I must have made 20 phone calls today just making sure that everything was in place for the exchange, as it wasn't this morning. :curse:

Not sure when it will start feeling real......
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:37 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

We go the 26th Jan from Heathrow with Singapore Airlines. 2 nights in Singapore, then onto Brissy and our holiday rental in Redcliffe area for 3 weeks.

Tick tock!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

We leave on the 13th with emirates.

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:26 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

we leave next month Sydney to Bangkok for a few days then onto Manchester

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.