Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's just sold their car on ebay....then ?

Who's just sold their car on ebay....then ?

Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:03 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all
Default Who's just sold their car on ebay....then ?

moir........... only got £500 more than the garage offered me.

plum

ps that's it .....just the orange boxes now....

Last edited by the plumber; Aug 4th 2004 at 5:06 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 7:18 pm
PommieLeague

Just sold my old Bluebird within the hour off ebay as well!! Got £70 more than i expected!! Thanks to God!

Old Aug 4th 2004, 7:37 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Lathlain
Just sold my old Bluebird within the hour off ebay as well!! Got £70 more than i expected!! Thanks to God!

He must be struggling if hes buying old Bluebirds these days.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 7:39 pm
PommieLeague

Originally posted by Bordy
He must be struggling if hes buying old Bluebirds these days.
The buyer wanted it to use to create a super duper Bluebird out of his and my old car!!!

Old Aug 4th 2004, 7:58 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who's just sold their car on ebay....then ?

Originally posted by the plumber

plum

That's 200 schooners
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by the plumber

plum

was it quite easy to sell your car on ebay, uncomplicated? we are leaving in 2 weeks, is this too short notice to be selling on ebay?
do people generally get a good price or is it a waste of time?
any info much appreciated!

Mr Iggy
Old Aug 5th 2004, 12:23 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by igual
was it quite easy to sell your car on ebay, uncomplicated? we are leaving in 2 weeks, is this too short notice to be selling on ebay?
do people generally get a good price or is it a waste of time?
any info much appreciated!

Mr Iggy
From my experience of Ebay, you always get a better price than selling privately..........as you have a captive audience. The people looking for your make of car, actually want it. We have sold loads of our stuff on Ebay before we left and were amazed at some of the prices we got.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

sandra oldfield is on a distinguished road

I used ebay for the first time ever, as advised by my mate.
Ordered Toby a portable DVD player for his birthday...............and it hasnt shown up.

I have even emailed the seller so he can `track` the item............he also hasnt answered. Prior to purchasing I read the feedback on him and used paypal. The item is insured, but I am not sure how to claim!!!

Wouldnt mind if I didnt have so much going on at the moment!!
Old Aug 6th 2004, 6:41 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Yes very easy........took me about 10minutes , you decide the time limit of the auction and then just sit back and wait. We decided to set it at 5 days.
All the garages offered me between £1800-£2000......got £2500 in the end and also acouple of bidders rang me up after the auction and said if the guy doesn't turn up they were willing to offer, over the final bid (one guy offered £2700 )
Wouldn't of thought of putting car on ebay, if it wasn't for a friend of mine.

all the best plum
Old Aug 8th 2004, 10:36 am
togooff&things

Car !!!! I've been the last 2 years selling everything I own on e-bay!

Old Aug 8th 2004, 11:02 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the plumber
Yes very easy........took me about 10minutes , you decide the time limit of the auction and then just sit back and wait. We decided to set it at 5 days.
All the garages offered me between £1800-£2000......got £2500 in the end and also acouple of bidders rang me up after the auction and said if the guy doesn't turn up they were willing to offer, over the final bid (one guy offered £2700 )
Wouldn't of thought of putting car on ebay, if it wasn't for a friend of mine.

all the best plum
WHAT TYPE OF CAR WAS IT
ROB