Reload this Page >

Who's hungover in OZ and UK?

Who's hungover in OZ and UK?

Old Jan 2nd 2003, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who's hungover in OZ and UK?

Hello folks,

Well another New Year passes us by, quietly in my case, so I'm out to drool at all those who got a bit sozzled over the festive season.

What did you get up to in your part of the world? And Dotty did you find those sausages?

Have a great New Year whatever you did and I hope you all get what you wished for.

Love Ginny and family
Old Jan 2nd 2003, 11:20 am
FOX
Forum Regular

FOX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Drastic New Years Resolution!

Yep, a little bit delicate here in Bromley!!

After all this will HOPEFULLY be our last Christmas and New Year here!

Have vowed I am not going to have a drink from now until our visa arrives!!!!!!

So now even more desperate for it to get here soon!!!

Sarah
Old Jan 2nd 2003, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who's hungover in OZ and UK?

Originally posted by Ginny
Hello folks,

Well another New Year passes us by, quietly in my case, so I'm out to drool at all those who got a bit sozzled over the festive season.

What did you get up to in your part of the world? And Dotty did you find those sausages?

Have a great New Year whatever you did and I hope you all get what you wished for.

Love Ginny and family
Oh yeah,

We too had a quite one just chilling, also feel the same way about it been the last xmas here, and the weather has been so wet and damp yuk roll on Perth,

XXX.
Old Jan 2nd 2003, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We invited some friends round and had a quiet tipple together - they don't know about our plans yet so no Aus talk happened.

The weather is really deppresing me at the moment it has rained now for about 6 days.

Roll on the end of 2003.

Tina
Old Jan 2nd 2003, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default new year

:scared:
same feeling here, so glad it will be the last predictable new year's eve at the club. i would'nt mind being on a boat in sydney harbour and see those fireworks, thats possible as my brother is there.
we are heading for the gold coast in august so we may be in coolangatta, who knows? but the weather could'nt be worse than ours here for sure!
we've all been telling people we're off to oz next year but now we can say THIS year! hurray!
karen
Old Jan 2nd 2003, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Hello, this is my first post on my own so this could be a short one.

Christmas was quiet for us in the whole the only shinning piont was getting mail telling me that my skills assessment is on track and the next stage should be approached.

Went to a nieghbourghs house new years for a party and got very merry and then got slightly miserable because the nieghbour has just made his mind up to apply and we sat and whinged about everything.

New years day was fuzzy but back to work this morning (yippy):PARTY:
Old Jan 2nd 2003, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Karen,

Coolengatta is a fantastic area to live in, have you got family there?
We loved the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, but expect we will go to the Sunshine as it is a bit cheaper and more secluded.

I agree that at least we can hopefully say we are going there THIS year now!

I am so peed off with the weather we are going to a Health club hotel for 2 days in Bosworth tomorrow, it will probably rain, but we will stay in the solarium and pool all day dreaming that we are outside in the Queensland heat !!

Enjoy your weekend

Tina
Old Jan 2nd 2003, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default coolangatta

tina,
no family or anyone in coolangatta, brother in sydney but we never wanted to live there. he has married an aussie/italian, alan and i were there for his wedding in feb which renewed our passion for oz and we decided upon the application. our previous visit was 1995 and just by luck we spent 2 weeks in coolangatta aswell as seeing sydney for a few days and melbourne where steve (brother) was then. we used timeshare and all that rci could offer us was 2 weeks there, we would have gone anywhere in oz but that was what we got. so, we loved every minute of it in our penthouse apartment on the beach, we only went as far north as brisbane, we saw a broncos game up there. we travelled alot up, down and inland and feel anywhere close by would be a good place to settle, we like the rivers and the hinterland close by and it is far enough away, or as close to surfers as we want! this years visit we went to perth, melbourne and sydney again aswell as port douglas which was heaven but a bit extreme weatherwise to live in we feel. i have heard alot about sunshine coast but thought it was more expensive?? perhaps its just parts of it. anyway for the first 6mths - yr we will rent to see how things go.
sorry if its a bit garbled!
karen
Old Jan 2nd 2003, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Hello folks,

Love Ginny and family
Hello - hic - giggle - hic...

We were invited to a New Years Eve Party a few houses away - had a great time - sat outside all evening, excellent company, buckets of champagne, lots of lovely food (cocktail party stuff, thank goodness, no bloody bbq in sight!) - didn't even get bitten by any mossies - just goes to prove my theory that the more you drink the less likely they are to bite you!!!

Happy New Year!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 5:33 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Hello folks,

Love Ginny and family
Got p*ssed of course

Since I've been Brisbane which is almost 5 years (it will be five next month) .. this is the first year which it has been cool for christmas, anyone else felt the same? last year was hot, the year before that was a stinker.. this year was nice and cool, still cool, I keep expecting a heatwave which we do normally have for a week, or two (39 etc), it hasn't come this year.

Anyway, same old , same old, p*ssed, barbeque up my mates.house.. and no hangovers... , try Hair of the dog

cheers
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 9:26 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Very Sober New Year - designated driver - took kids to Blues Point on Sydney Harbour to watch fireworks - fantastic - even put a massive big grin on my 12 year olds son face (likes to think he is grown up and past these things).

Absolutely Stunning display and all for free, city was organised for trains and parking and free entertainment in Darling Harbour and Hyde Park - New Years Day it rained and rained and nothing open - so I sat on patio and made up for not drinking the night before!!!