Reload this Page >

Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

graham wade will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Originally Posted by Rudi
UM Graham.....I hate to tell you this, but Ipswich is south of Brisbane and a bit out to the west. It's hot out there!!!

Love

Rudi
x
yeah my bad yust got in the habit of telling people just north of brisy we have friends in hatton vale moggil caboolture and maroochydore been over a couple of times and its the ipswich area we like gatton laidley kensington grove rural with arceage is all good
Old Dec 20th 2009, 6:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise
Yep, hubby going 27th January Emirates via Dubai, we will follow on once he is settled

Hubby made redundant in May, house sold November, had visa 4 years and 10 months,

Me and kids don't need visa as we have the good old blue passports

Hoping to go to Cleveland area, but job will determine that.

See you all on the other side
Blimey nothing like cutting things fine Good luck to everyone heading this way. Pissing it down with rain at the minute and a bit chilly - 20 degrees today, jumper and jeans on.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Location: Berkshire, UK for now... flying to Brisbane 11th June!
Jane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Now there's confidence for you - no visa but all packed up and ready to go.

All the best for your adventure.
Yes, some may say foolish, but we have every confidence that the visa is just around the corner, and to be honest we were a little caught out with out quickly the house sold (13 days), then with hubby being made redundant and having to leave now, it all just seemed to be coming together, so nothing ventured, nothing gained, and yes it will be an adventure
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:34 am
Just Joined

dannybg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LoopyL
Hi we are in the process of our 175 just done medicals and PCC's which were asked for by our CO. All things going good and fingers crossed the house sells on time we are looking to move to the Sunshine Coast around July 2010

I just wanted to start this thread so I can start talking to other families in the same boat as us who are heading to Oz next year!

If anyone wants to share there timeline, info, dates, what part of Oz etc etc etc... I know that people have there timeline etc already noted on here but the threads and different rooms makes it a nightmare to scroll through

Thanks

Lynz
hi lynz,

Almost the same scenario as you and yours, we have just been granted visa's and are in the process of attempting to sell house. we are also heading off to the Sunshine Coast (Caloundra) around june?July 2010.

Very excited about the prospect of our new life in the sun, but can't help feeling slightly anxious about everything.

best of luck with everything.

dan.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Hi
We are a family of five and leaving on 7/1/10 and heading for the Sunshine Coast.
We have not however managed to sell the house but apart from that things are going to plan (roughly). There is just so much to do!
Richard
Old Dec 20th 2009, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dannybg
hi lynz,

Almost the same scenario as you and yours, we have just been granted visa's and are in the process of attempting to sell house. we are also heading off to the Sunshine Coast (Caloundra) around june?July 2010.

Very excited about the prospect of our new life in the sun, but can't help feeling slightly anxious about everything.

dan.

Welcome Danny to the forum.

All the best with your move to QLD.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

We'll probably be moving back there in October 2010 - home to Coorparoo.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Originally Posted by dannybg
hi lynz,

dan.
Hi Dan

Welcome to BE I see this is your first post what visa are you going on? Well done on your visa being granted did it take long?

What do you do for a living? Yeah we are really excited just felt like this has been dragging on for a while but we are getting there now
Old Dec 20th 2009, 10:55 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by myrtle1
We are heading for outskirts of brissy. Loved ashgrove on our reccy but a no-go for us due to having only the bus journey in. Heard too many horror stories about the traffic - so having a rethink an will prob go north.

Did meds and police checks last week - hopefully all will go well to head over in July.
Am interested to follow this thread - good luck all!
Dont be too scared - Ashgrove has plenty of buses going through and traffic is not too bad. Its a fantastic area to be in if you can afford it. Buses are only really a problem if you live further out and need a specific service (I for example need a '380' (which is every 15m peak) nothing else goes near my house. Ashgrove however is served by 380, 381, 382, 372, 377, 379 and no doubt more - each of which are every 15 minutes peak.) Ashgrove-City I'd be shocked if you *ever* had to wait more than 5 minutes.

Traffic is heavy - but T2 transit lanes speed up buses and dedicated busway improvements in the city have seriously helped speed things up.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

iddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Flying 3rd Jan - Brisbane (Ormiston). House packed, All our stuff already on the boat, done most of the goodbyes. Just enjoying a family xmas in Cumbria before heading out. Snowing here today so in for a shock when we arrive i think!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Originally Posted by iddy
Flying 3rd Jan - Brisbane (Ormiston). House packed, All our stuff already on the boat, done most of the goodbyes. Just enjoying a family xmas in Cumbria before heading out. Snowing here today so in for a shock when we arrive i think!
Good luck I know what a difference in the weather from one extreme to another

Have a great xmas
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iddy
Originally Posted by LoopyL
Good luck I know what a difference in the weather from one extreme to another

Have a great xmas
Yeah that's gonna be a major shock to the system, but well worth it hopefully!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

surreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by louise
Yep, hubby going 27th January Emirates via Dubai, we will follow on once he is settled

Hubby made redundant in May, house sold November, had visa 4 years and 10 months,

Me and kids don't need visa as we have the good old blue passports

Hoping to go to Cleveland area, but job will determine that.

See you all on the other side
Hi Louise
Had our visa's 4 years 11 months...must go be 31 Jan 2010 and haven't event booked flights yet!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by surreyfamily
Hi Louise
Had our visa's 4 years 11 months...must go be 31 Jan 2010 and haven't event booked flights yet!

Are you still going?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

surreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Are you still going?
Hi
Fingers crossed I can get OH to agree to book flights for 23 Jan and when we arrive in Brissie will apply for RRV in case he needs to get back quickly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.