Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

james1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Just be honest.
Once the visa is sorted we will be shouting but at the moment just want it sorted, cant be doing with the what happened if it does not happen. Sure we will be OK though. Medicals are almost in Oz (gone from 2 places in UK to 2 places in Germany at the moment) and fingers crossed it will be there by the end of the week.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

iddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Arrived in Brisbane two days ago. Just getting over the jet lag and the sun is out. Not missing the snow. Good luck to everyone coming out this year.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iddy
Arrived in Brisbane two days ago. Just getting over the jet lag and the sun is out. Not missing the snow. Good luck to everyone coming out this year.
Welcome to Brissy mate You are indeed blessed by the sun at this moment but don't worry you'll soon get used to the rainy season
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Originally Posted by iddy
Lucky you All the best for your new life down under.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Originally Posted by james1972
We are a family of 4 (boy 4 and girl will be 2), Once we get the visa we are looking at June to go.

Hopefully get the Visa at the end of the month.

Will join the group as soon as Visa is agreed and we tell people other than close family & friends, dont want them to see the group pop up on FB and wonder what is happening !
Hi its a closed group although the title does give it away so maybe not at the moment for you then, hope to see you there soon
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:25 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

I'm going to join the group too. Once I can get my 10 year old to 'work facebook for me'. Lol
I should be ashamed, I know!
Old Jan 8th 2010, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lyx
I'm going to join the group too. Once I can get my 10 year old to 'work facebook for me'. Lol
I should be ashamed, I know!
Cool see you soon x
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

me and OH heading to Sunshine Coast too (looked at Pelican or Twin Waters areas), would have been there around now but OH fell pregnant and therefore not safe to have her X-rays for spouse visa.

So should be going around Aug-Sept, I lived in Sydney previously but would rather bring the little one up in the Sunshine Coast lifestyle.

Just hope there is plenty building work for me as my £'s are worthless at the mo so will be leaving them here!

plus not being -15oC outside is always a bonus!!!!!

Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrCro
Hi,

me and OH heading to Sunshine Coast too (looked at Pelican or Twin Waters areas), would have been there around now but OH fell pregnant and therefore not safe to have her X-rays for spouse visa.

So should be going around Aug-Sept, I lived in Sydney previously but would rather bring the little one up in the Sunshine Coast lifestyle.

Just hope there is plenty building work for me as my £'s are worthless at the mo so will be leaving them here!

plus not being -15oC outside is always a bonus!!!!!

I agree I think alot of people are going to the Gold Coast as maybe more work there than Sunshine Coast but we loved it up there! I hope there is enough work the building is expanding all the time so lets hope so I loved Pelican Waters although it was a bit more secluded but still wont stop me checking it out once there for a potential place to live

The snow is getting on mine and probably most peoples nerves now.. had enough

Good luck with your plans for you and the family
Old Jan 10th 2010, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LoopyL
I agree I think alot of people are going to the Gold Coast as maybe more work there than Sunshine Coast but we loved it up there! I hope there is enough work the building is expanding all the time so lets hope so I loved Pelican Waters although it was a bit more secluded but still wont stop me checking it out once there for a potential place to live

The snow is getting on mine and probably most peoples nerves now.. had enough

Good luck with your plans for you and the family
Cheers Loopy, I requested to join your facebook group too (easy to work me out from British Expats nicname!!!)
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Originally Posted by LoopyL
Hi we are in the process of our 175 just done medicals and PCC's which were asked for by our CO. All things going good and fingers crossed the house sells on time we are looking to move to the Sunshine Coast around July 2010

I just wanted to start this thread so I can start talking to other families in the same boat as us who are heading to Oz next year!

If anyone wants to share there timeline, info, dates, what part of Oz etc etc etc... I know that people have there timeline etc already noted on here but the threads and different rooms makes it a nightmare to scroll through

Thanks

Lynz
Good luck to you all, with your migration plans in 2010, a brighter future awaits.

Dale & Francine
Old Jan 13th 2010, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret
Good luck to you all, with your migration plans in 2010, a brighter future awaits.

Dale & Francine
Thank you
Old Jan 13th 2010, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret

Dale & Francine

Please update thread:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=648734&page=2
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

xLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nice

Hey LoopyL I can't seem to get facebook to find the expats page

L

Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xLaLax
Hey LoopyL I can't seem to get facebook to find the expats page

L

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=225922121157

or seach: Queensland Expats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.