Reload this Page >

Who's had a BBQ today?

Who's had a BBQ today?

Old Mar 22nd 2003, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Daffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who's had a BBQ today?

We have.

Doesn't the sun make you feel so happy!! Even if it is cold in the shade!

We started our first barbie of the year about 5'ish. Cooked all the meat, scoffed it then started to burn everything in the garden to keep warm. Empty Stella cardboard boxes out the garage, my husbands cigar packets, cuttings from the Leylandii's we cut this week (tons of it). Then followed copies of the 'Express & Star' newspaper, corks from the wine bottles and bones from the chicken. Finally we really scraped the barrel and threw on the kids scateboards, what the hell we go in June and we can't take them with us (soil on the wheels). God I expected the fire engines to turn up when the plastic wheels started to burn - you should have seen the smoke!

Anyone else enjoying the sun?
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 8:57 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Enjoyed the sun - BUT husband spending as much time in the garage as possible sorting out 40 years of accumulated 'spoils' (I call it rubbish' as we do not have room in the container and I was getting the gardening started so that when we rent the house out the garden looks good. Wish we were with you!! :PARTY:
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Us too yafm - Sorting out the garage - lots of bits of useless wood, queue to the dump was a mile long, so took them to the father in law who said 'this will come in handy' so that's where we left them!!

More to do tomorrow!

Mash....
Originally posted by yafm
Enjoyed the sun - BUT husband spending as much time in the garage as possible sorting out 40 years of accumulated 'spoils' (I call it rubbish' as we do not have room in the container and I was getting the gardening started so that when we rent the house out the garden looks good. Wish we were with you!! :PARTY:
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

No BBQ but went one better with garage clearance, got skip and binned it all.

One slight problem, I now have a use for those "bits". !!!
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Hi

We didnt have a BBQ but we did have double dose of surprise visitors, my best mate and her boys and also my sister who hasnt been to see me for 3 years arrived 10 minutes apart. Talk about being shocked, it was that bad we took a walk down the sea front :-)
There were hundreds of people down there, just goes to prove that when the sun is shining people do get out and about more. And whats more I even saw some in the sea brrrrr it wasnt that warm :scared:

Jan
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 9:06 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Having one today, took a risk yesterday while shopping and bought the food. Unfortunately drank the liquid refreshment last night with friends so will have to get replacements in.

What do you reckon the odds are that it will cloud over by this afternoon?

Steph
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

It has been glorious here this wekend, unfortunately we have spent both days 'House Doctoring' the house with 5 different shades of cream!!

The house looks so great now I won't want to move ( only joking!!) nothing looks that good.

We are off to Florida Saturday morning I just hope the War doesn't get worse by then - I need a safe holiday.
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Davenshell is an unknown quantity at this point

lovely weekend here on the east coast wind was a bit keen,spent saturday putting up new guttering its only needed doing for past 5 years,and had bbq round friends too cold to sit in shade,I'm sure if you look at a certain angle I think I've caught the sun, oh hum Melbourne here we come.
Dave n Shelly
Old Mar 24th 2003, 2:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's had a BBQ today?

We had a barbie, swam in the sea and in our pool.

Hang on, were in Australia......

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there everyone, it's worth it in the end!!!

Originally posted by Daffy
We have.

We started our first barbie of the year about 5'ish. Cooked all the meat, scoffed it then started to burn everything in the garden to keep warm. Empty Stella cardboard boxes out the garage, my husbands cigar packets, cuttings from the Leylandii's we cut this week (tons of it). Then followed copies of the 'Express & Star' newspaper, corks from the wine bottles and bones from the chicken. Finally we really scraped the barrel and threw on the kids scateboards, what the hell we go in June and we can't take them with us (soil on the wheels). God I expected the fire engines to turn up when the plastic wheels started to burn - you should have seen the smoke!

Old Mar 24th 2003, 6:13 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Daffy
We have.

Bloody BBQ its about time this air polution was stopped its a world wide problem , encourges flies and taints the air we breath .

Last edited by pommie bastard; Mar 24th 2003 at 11:17 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2003, 6:15 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
We had a barbie, swam in the sea and in our pool.

Hang on, were in Australia......

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there everyone, it's worth it in the end!!!
Never mind the weathers about to put a stop to that so whats your plan for the other 8 months?

Old Mar 24th 2003, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

We also had a BBQ yesterday, bit of sunshine makes all the difference. You can't rely on the sunshine in Blighty, but you can rely on PB to find something to whinge about, nice to know some things are predictable!!