Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who's going soon???

who's going soon???

Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

LauraIreland will become famous soon enough
Default Re: who's going soon???

I am on my way currently using free internet facilities in tokyo another three hours till next flight Noosa here I come on the beach by ten is the plan.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 8:58 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

We are going to Perth in 10 weeks its just a holiday at this stage but if we sell the house before then we are not coming back. Either way the kids are staying there they are going to be staying with my mum and hopefully it will not be that long before hubbie and I go back.

Good luck to everyone there is a lot of us going to Perth will possibly walk past each other in the airport and not know it.

Pauline and John
Old Jun 4th 2005, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Me and Marysidey flying 30 June 10am Manchester to Brisbane (Singapore) arriving 1 July. Flippin' eck there's so many of us going we'll out number the locals!
Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:21 am
Just Joined

didds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pootle26
we go a week today :scared:
packers arrive on tue
container leaves on thurs
we leave on friday

staying in hong kong for 5 nights
then arrive in perth to start our "new life"

anyone else going soon ???

pootle
We fly out from Heathrow on 26 June, stop over in KL for 1 night and arrive Melbourne 28, Yikes!!
Staying in Moonee Ponds for a couple of weeks (arranged by hubby's company) and we are looking to settle in Sunbury.
Very nervous now, permanent butterflies in my tummy and getting very little sleep as my mind keeps buzzing.
Going to see our daughter the weekend before we go (she is in Newcastle upon Tyne) dreading that more than I can say, tearful now as I write this!
I am trying to think of it all as a big 2 year adventure.
Wish me luck!
Old Jun 4th 2005, 1:50 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelman
Hi
Good luck, We go in just over three weeks (28th June). We are staying in singapore for three nights then on to Brisbane. Hoping to complete the house sale it looked unlikely last week but keeping fingers crossed that things are looking brighter this week.Sending personal belongings next week ( 20 boxes) and selling all the rest of our stuff, the house is getting more bare each day.
i like to wish every body the best of luck what ever stage they are at.
Dawn
Hi Dawn

Who are you shipping 20 boxes with and if you don't mind me asking how much has it cost you...

Only we are doing the same thing and just wandered. We have just sent our meds off unrequested. Rich has a job to start in August but we haven't sole the house yet......

Thanks

Good Luck everybody going out....

Ang
Old Jun 4th 2005, 2:39 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

We have the shippers booked for the 29th June, Sale of business should complete 2nd week of July, leaving party organised for the 16th July, Older kids leaving party booked for the 29th July, Fly to perth 5th/6th August with a stopover in Singapore for 3/4 days. should arrive in Perth 10/11th August. Haven't booked the flights yet, want the sale of the business to get a bit further down the line first, just in case. PSS reckon our container will take 8 weeks door to door.

My 15 year old wanted to have a couple of days in London before we went so we went this week, just stayed over for 1 night, my sister and her daughter surprised us at the hotel and spent the two days with us, it was really special, all of a sudden its like time is running out and you feel the need to live every day as if its your last. Can't quite explain the feeling. Very weird.

Anyone with any advice on hotels to stay at in Singapore. I have heard that they are all pretty good.

Good Luck to all.

Julia
Old Jun 4th 2005, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: who's going soon???

Well time seems to be swapping from standing still to dashing off at the moment, so where are we now?

Both finished work!!! spongers!!!
House sale going through - exchange next week hope to complete 16th june
Booking shippers to pick up 25ish boxes on the 13 June, and going to book tickets once exchanged has happened¬!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to fly out between the 16th - 21st june - heading out to Brissie.

Lovely to share our leaving do with all our friends last night ( good to see Peppi and Hubbie there, thanks for coming!!XX)
But wow what a mix of emotions and this morning look like crap as cried way too much last night, warning don't have too much Gin!!!!

So now just want to get on that plane and fly away so ready to go now. Not long Peppi promise

Good luck to everyone

Charlie

Last edited by charlie63; Jun 4th 2005 at 5:59 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 6:01 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=charlie63]Well time seems to be swapping from standing still to dashing off at the moment, so where are we now?

Both finished work!!! spongers!!!
House sale going through - exchange next week hope to complete 16th june
Booking shippers to pick up 25ish boxes on the 13 June, and going to book tickets once exchanged has happened¬!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hop e to fligh out between the 16th - 21st june - heading out to Brissie.

Lovely to share our leaving do with all our friendds last night ( good to see Peppi and Hubbie there, thanks for coming!!XX)
But wow what a mix of emotions and this morning look like crap as cried way too much last night, warning don't have too much Gin!!!!

So now just want to get on that plane and fly away so ready to go now. Not long Peppi promise

Good luck to everyone

Charlie [/QUOTE

Good luck in your new life. Hope the final goodbyes aren't too traumatic
Old Jun 4th 2005, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

suzanne is an unknown quantity at this point

packers arrive on tue
we leave on friday

pootle
hi pootle

Lucky you, can't believe how long the whole process takes!
We eventually got our visa's and thought the rest would be plain sailing, how wrong we were. We have already lost one buyer on the house but have just accepted an offer from another. It seems we can't surge ahead with any proper plans until we've exchanged. We are taking our dog with us and that is proving to be more of a nightmare than we ever imagined, it seems that Perth quartine station has very limited places. Also i haven't as yet been able to find out how to book a flight for him, has anyone out there been through this process recently? Anyway, must remain positive and know that eventually we will be in the same position as you. Good luck and maybe we may meet you there!
Suzanne
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:13 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

packers arrive on tue
we leave on friday

pootle
No..but good luck with everything....and hopefully see you there early next year...
Old Jun 4th 2005, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

kelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant future
Smile Re: who's going soon???

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Dawn

Who are you shipping 20 boxes with and if you don't mind me asking how much has it cost you...

Only we are doing the same thing and just wandered. We have just sent our meds off unrequested. Rich has a job to start in August but we haven't sole the house yet......

Thanks

Good Luck everybody going out....

Ang
Hi Ang,
We are using cargobrookers we originally got a quote for 34 boxes and it was £406 from their warehouse but we wanted it from our home ( Coventry) so it was an extra £120 this covers the cost from here to Brisbane port it excludes insurance and port charges at Brisbane but we think this will be about £150, hopefully we wont get any quantine charges. We think it will be about £350 now as we only have about 20 boxes. They can provide the packing boxes the first 8 are free and then it is £1.50 per box. You give a £10 deposit when you order the free boxes. When you decide to get the boxes picked up they take them back and weigh them then they let u know the price and you pay for them then. ours are being picked up on the 12th June so we will know the next day how much it will be.
we have got two buyers now and are just waiting for things to go though keeping our fingers crossed that it will be completed before we fly out on the 28th!!
good luck with your Visa application and hope you get a buyer soon the market has certainly picked up.
Dawn
Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: who's going soon???

Departure from Rochford, Essex - 7th Sept

Arrive Balmoral,Brisbane 9th Sept

YIIIPPPEEEEE!!!!!!

Best of luck to everyone else.

Netta & John
Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Departure from Rochford, Essex - 7th Sept

Arrive Balmoral,Brisbane 9th Sept

YIIIPPPEEEEE!!!!!!

Best of luck to everyone else.

Netta & John
Hi John&Netta, haven't spoke to you in ages. So your set to go in September, thats fantastic news. We had an offer on our house today at last, so hopefully Nov, we'll be out there then. But going in 13 days to validate visas, we're so excited. Good luck to everyones new life down under.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

storerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of light

I'm flying out on 5th July, traveling down the east coast for three months then sailing for 6 months over the summer. Then look for some where to live in Oz and get a job!!!
storerg
Old Jun 5th 2005, 1:01 am
ABCDiamond

As I have nothing better to do, I did a quick count up of who and where, and the result so far is:

QLD 16 (and One of those is coming to my local area - Redlands )
WA 11
NSW 2
SA 1
VIC 1

Suppose I had better go and wash the dishes now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.