Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who's going soon???

who's going soon???

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: who's going soon???

We're looking to head to Brisbane around the 3rd September too...

But having a week in Dubai, 3-4 nights in Singapore and possibly a week in Sidney before hitting Brisbane (probably Bayside!!)... taking advantage of our stuff taking ages to get there and having a well earned holiday on the way!

Good luck everyone!

Julie
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:43 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Flying in 5 weeks to Perth.

I'd like to echo others - good luck to everyone whatever stage you're at.

Try to enjoy what time you have left in England. It really is a beautiful country - and from past experience there are times when you sit and wonder what's happening here and miss the old place. I used to get homesick in May when I thought of the trees, the flowers, the long days and evenings sitting in the pub garden. (But then I'd come back down to earth and remember when somebody after about half an hour would say "Ooooh it's getting a bit chilly, Shall we go inside?")
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

kelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Cat_Harrison
Kelman, Where in Brisbane are you going to?
we are going north of Brisbane to Wamuran which is near Caboolture, we are staying with husbands brother until we sort ourselves out.
Kelman
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:54 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

We are planning to arrive in Sydney at the beginning of September via a holiday in Mauritius (boy, will we need it!) We'll be booking the tickets tomorrow . . . .

Aiming to settle on the central coast - anyone else headed that way around the same time?

Binbird
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
We're leaving in 4 weeks. We were planning on leaving in August but have brought it forward. Officially handed in my notice today. Very sad, I love my job, my boss is great......what am I doing?
Told my mum we had brought it forward and she just burst into tears. Horrible. I feel so cruel....have been on the verge of tears myself today but you have to stay strong don't you? This is what we want....Perth, sunshine, outdoors, etc etc....yet we're only human aren't we.....so many emotions.
It's just that my little boy (21 mths) has just had a really bad bout of chicken pox and my mum was really supportive. You know she came and sat with me when I was upset over him being so ill. She said to me today that when I need her she won't be able to put her arms round me and she's finding that difficult to deal with.....that it's come round too soon.
She's not emotionally blackmailing me or anything because she has been really good about us emigrating. I think it's just hard on those we leave behind. I'm so excited and yet I feel quite sad. Anyone else?
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:00 pm
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

We are going to Brisbane/Gold Coast as soon as we sell the house, and I feel
the same as you, excited, nervous and guilty all at the same time. My mum and dad won`t even talk about us emigrating and so we don`t ever mention
it! So you`re not on your own.

Tracey x

Originally Posted by TraceyandPeter
Hi,
We're leaving in 4 weeks. We were planning on leaving in August but have brought it forward. Officially handed in my notice today. Very sad, I love my job, my boss is great......what am I doing?
Told my mum we had brought it forward and she just burst into tears. Horrible. I feel so cruel....have been on the verge of tears myself today but you have to stay strong don't you? This is what we want....Perth, sunshine, outdoors, etc etc....yet we're only human aren't we.....so many emotions.
It's just that my little boy (21 mths) has just had a really bad bout of chicken pox and my mum was really supportive. You know she came and sat with me when I was upset over him being so ill. She said to me today that when I need her she won't be able to put her arms round me and she's finding that difficult to deal with.....that it's come round too soon.
She's not emotionally blackmailing me or anything because she has been really good about us emigrating. I think it's just hard on those we leave behind. I'm so excited and yet I feel quite sad. Anyone else?
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

We go to Perth 9 weeks tomorrow. Still hasn't sunk in yet. house not sold, but going anyway. Hope to meet up with everyone in Perth, when we arrive.

Chris
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
We are going to Brisbane/Gold Coast as soon as we sell the house, and I feel
the same as you, excited, nervous and guilty all at the same time. My mum and dad won`t even talk about us emigrating and so we don`t ever mention
it! So you`re not on your own.

Tracey x
From one Tracey to another...have some karma.

Tracey x
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:22 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
Good luck!

We hope to get our visa within the next month and we'll almost be on the next flight to Brisbane when it comes! Handed my notice in at work, just for officialdom's sake, I will stay on until the last minute.

aye well just remember the BELLS whisky and the paint brushes lol
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:39 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone
We are off to Brisbane in approx 8 weeks time all going smoothly with the House Sale.
Can anyone tell me a good time to start getting quotes for shipping and when to start the shipping process. Our house sale is a simple chain of one deep and surveys carried out just over one week ago.

Thanks for any tips and good luck to everyone else on the move.

Sharon
Old Jun 4th 2005, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Hi Everyone
We are off to Brisbane in approx 8 weeks time all going smoothly with the House Sale.
Can anyone tell me a good time to start getting quotes for shipping and when to start the shipping process. Our house sale is a simple chain of one deep and surveys carried out just over one week ago.

Thanks for any tips and good luck to everyone else on the move.

Sharon

i would get quotes in straight away - when we were looking some companies wanted 4 weeks notice, we were lucky - ours only wanted 2 weeks - but we are in a sleepy town in devon. i would really get it booked & out of the way - then you have a firm date to work towards- it makes it soo much easier

hth

pootle
Old Jun 4th 2005, 6:08 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

we're off to Perth in 15 weeks time ( I think it is) booked flights for the 21st September the day after my birthday.....we are going wether the house is sold or not...got a second viewing on it next week thou,so lets hope its the buyer,if not we still have 3 months to find one...and if that fails...sod it go anyway,cant be bothered to wait any longer. Went to Charlie63's leaving do last night,and wished it was mine already...Sooooo excited...!
Old Jun 4th 2005, 6:20 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pootle26
we go a week today :scared:
packers arrive on tue
container leaves on thurs
we leave on friday

staying in hong kong for 5 nights
then arrive in perth to start our "new life"

anyone else going soon ???

pootle
Hi pootle,
We haven't got an exact date yet but all being well with house sale we should be off in about 6 weeks. Shippers did our quote yesterday and will be booked in next week sometime. Other than that I can't be sure at the moment. All depends on our buyers.
Good luck with the next part of your journey.
Sarah
Old Jun 4th 2005, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

We're going to Perth in 4-5 weeks. Shippers booked for 28 June, flights not booked yet as we're going to wait til contracts exchanged on house. Keeping everything crossed that house sale goes smoothly.

Not nervous about going at all, just nervous in case house sale goes wrong.

Good luck to all in the same boat,

Tracy
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

We're moving to Adelaide in 42 days!!!!

Nikki
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.