Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who's doin what when they get there?

who's doin what when they get there?

Old Nov 18th 2005, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

birchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant future
Default who's doin what when they get there?

just out of curiosity, Id like to find out who is doing what job and where when they get to oz

for example are you gonna carry on in your current trade , do something entirely different ,retire , set up a business etc etc, you know what I mean

how many of you need a complete new challenge to live the dream

steve
Old Nov 18th 2005, 2:38 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: who's doin what when they get there?

Originally Posted by birchway
just out of curiosity, Id like to find out who is doing what job and where when they get to oz

for example are you gonna carry on in your current trade , do something entirely different ,retire , set up a business etc etc, you know what I mean

steve
Hi,

I'm going to carry on nursing in A&E at the royal Adelaide Trauma Unit.

After a looonnnggg holiday that is!!!

What about you?

xRachx
Old Nov 18th 2005, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

birchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant future
Default Re: who's doin what when they get there?

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Hi,

I'm going to carry on nursing in A&E at the royal Adelaide Trauma Unit.

After a looonnnggg holiday that is!!!

What about you?

xRachx
me , hopefully something different but I,m not sure what yet, I am a fitter but part of the move for me is to do something that i'd really enjoy, maybe running a bussiness or property investment, but certainly not fixing machines... but if I have to I will
Old Nov 18th 2005, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Silky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of light

A complete change for us, my hubby is in IT (I used to be but have my own wedding stationery business which I'll continue over there) but we're going to go into farming, haven't exactly decided whether it's the sheep or Lucerne (hay), both of which will be a massive change, but we want to live in the middle of knowhere. Luckily we have friends who have been farming in both for 40 odd years, so we have a wealth of experience to help us in our decision. Can't wait
Old Nov 18th 2005, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

I'm carrying on with what I do. I work in the water industry, and love it. My husband is hoping that I can earn enough that he doesn't have to work, so he can set up his own business. An amazing challenge, but one that I'm really looking forward to.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 3:19 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

steve

As little as possible .......

HOWEVER.......

realistically, psychiatric nursing

Gillian
Old Nov 18th 2005, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Am in IT at the moment but wouldnt mind doing something else...dont really know what yet though...possibly a secret agent (am concerned though of getting shot but weigh this up against the bevvie of babes) or astronaut (not sure I would enjoy the commuting)....havent decided.

In all honesty will probably do IT job till I get on my feet then have a look around.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:37 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

steve
Have entirely changed my direction. In the UK was the CEO for our own businesses (civil enforcement) which we sold in a management buy out and now re-skilling in Sports Massage Therapy and complimentary therapies.

Its about as radical a change as I could make I think
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

My hubby is an IT bod, and will continue to be as he is being sponsored . I run my own wedding & celebration cake business here but would like to do something completely different in Aus. I've absolutely no idea what though .
TJ
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

michelle-leicester-perth is on a distinguished road

i think i will carry on cooking! as i allways have, i enjoy a supervisory position for 5 mins , then want to get my hands in again! love thw work, the challange and the happy and full people at the end of a buzy service!
just want to earn dollars and live in aus really! will do anything!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:24 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

steve
To bring in the money, I've got a job in IT in Sydney doing much the same I did in the UK (although possibility of branching out into management)

Heart is steering towards alternative careers (and I have a few in mind although reality says that I need to keep my feet on the ground)

As for the dream, this IS the dream. I don't care what I do in the first instance, my goal is taking my family to Aus to live. Thats it. Anything more is a bonus and if I want to change direction, then if it feels right I'll do it.