Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's the Best BA or Singapore Airlines

Who's the Best BA or Singapore Airlines

Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Who's the Best BA or Singapore Airlines

Hi all,

Need your opinion on these 2 airlines. We are coming to Brisbane on the 12th Sept. Got prices from both these airlines and Ba is £40 dearer, so there is nothing in it really.
Just wondering who would give the best service.

Thanks
Shabee
x

Last edited by shabee; Aug 4th 2008 at 11:53 am.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's the Best BA or Singapore Airlines

Originally Posted by shabee
Hi all,

Just wondring who would give the best service.

Thanks
Shabee
x
Singapore.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:53 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Errr no brainer ... Singapore by a mile .. BA is so far down the list , that I'm surprised anyone flys with them.

Book direct with http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ares/index.jsp and pick your seats and meals. If its your first trip with a unvalidated visa, then you may also get extra luggage.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I've always flown with Singapore and they are absolutely fantastic. The wife has flown with BA and was less than impressed.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:54 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Need your opinion on these 2 airlines. We are coming to Brisbane on the 12th Sept. Got prices from both these airlines and Ba is £40 dearer, so there is nothing in it really.
Just wondring who would give the best service.

Thanks
Shabee
x
Why would you be considering BA ????
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:57 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Malaysian are better than both of them
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like its Singapore then. Will I get the extra bagage allowance if I book online or should I phone them?

Thanks so much
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Just wondering who would give the best service.

Thanks
Shabee
x

Easy - Singapore every time. Have refused to fly BA for 6 years they were so bad. On www.airlinequality.com Singapore is 5 star and BA is 4 star and Malaysian is also 5 star

Galba
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Why would you be considering BA ????
Never used them before, in fact never done a long haul flight. So I have no idea really. x

Originally Posted by Grayling
Malaysian are better than both of them
A lot more expensive
x
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:02 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

You only get the extra luggage if you have an unvalidated visa, and its a one way ticket. You'll only get confirmation of that if you write them an email.

Book online, prices have drop by £40 each in the last couple of days ( just after I booked the parents !! )
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice

Why not fly United via LAX?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stellaman
Why not fly United via LAX?
They are £2999.70 pp
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:24 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

In the past I've always said Malaysian but Singapore really have got the edge now with the new equipment running LHR to SIN with the A380 and such.

That and the Malaysian frequent flyer program is pretty much rubbish by comparison, whereas Singapore are part of Star Alliance and you can earn points on a lot of carriers but with Malaysian its only them and Virgin really that your likely to fly. BA is just as limiting. It may not be a consideration now but a few trips back and forth will get you an award upgrade free.

But between BA and Singapore its a no-brainer. Singapore.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

ebonski is a jewel in the roughebonski is a jewel in the roughebonski is a jewel in the roughebonski is a jewel in the roughebonski is a jewel in the rough

i feel so disloyal saying this but ......its got to be singapore.
i resigned from b.a in may after 10 years as long haul cabin crew. i loved my job and it killed me to leave but it was becoming harder to go to work knowing that you were serving up crap food , thin blankets, broken tv screens and so on. we cabin crew constantly wrote reports asking management to improve inflight service but were always ignored. they have even removed disposable razors from business class and the washbags are a joke.
i decided to pay full fare ( b.a staff get great concessions ) and fly with singapore down to perth in june as i was travelling with 2year old triplets and needed all the help i could get . i know that if i flew ba the crew would look after me but i was worried i wouldnt get the help i needed at the airport and in transit.singapore also has better baggage allowance.
no regrets, im still raving about singapore but im saddened that ba has gone downhill so much just to keep the shareholders happy.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

I can only confirm what the others have said and go with Singapore. We usually go with Emirates to Perth (and would recommend them) but, as the next trip will be one way, (Woo hoo!) we thought we'd give the A380 a bash on the LHR - Singapore leg. They also happen to be the cheapest at the moment, as there is a sale on for those travelling in Nov. £556 compared with £630ish with Emirates. Emirates loyalty points can't make up for the difference!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.