Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whooooo!!! Flight is now booked :)

Whooooo!!! Flight is now booked :)

Old Sep 27th 2004, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whooooo!!! Flight is now booked :)

Well we've done it.

Me and Mr Timber 3 kids all fly 13th October from Heathrow Singapore Air 10.15pm.

The Newfs are in Sydney basking in the sun and we arrive 1 week before they are released.

The quarantine staff have been wicked keeping us informed via our contact in Australia of their progress - peace of mind.

Golden Arrow who we shipped them with turned up in a little plumbers van totally not equipped to move 4 large bears, so we ended up taking 2 ourselves 180 mile round trip we were not impressed.

However the kennels did look nice so that was reassuring and Chris from Golden Arrow did apologise for the cock up!!!

We still haven't sold the house so me mum will look after that for us - but what the heck if we stay here we gotta pay the mortgage and if were there we gotta pay it so we decided to save on heating bills here and start our new life.

PSS booked so all systems go.

I am currently walking around my head reeling in all the stuff i gotta do/sort out/clean/cancel etc etc and i have constant butterflies in me tum.

The feeling is a bit like going for that job interview you really want and you know how your gut feels when you go through that!!!

Anyway thats enough of me i will update on our progress when we get there hope all of you just starting this process know what you are letting yourselves in for - Good Luck

Debs Steve 3 kids and 4 Newfoundlands xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 27th 2004, 1:06 pm
Cheeky

Default Re: Whooooo!!! Flight is now booked :)

Hi Debs,

Its great to hear from you!!!
Maybe Golden Arrow happen only to have one 'plumbers van' (!?) Well, looking on the positive side at least you had the opportunity to settle them in their temp home.

Gosh it must be so exciting bet you are counting the days!!!!!!!

Well the best of luck to you and your family and keep us posted how things go,

Regards, Cheeky

Originally Posted by debsvirgo
Well we've done it.

Me and Mr Timber 3 kids all fly 13th October from Heathrow Singapore Air 10.15pm.

The Newfs are in Sydney basking in the sun and we arrive 1 week before they are released.

The quarantine staff have been wicked keeping us informed via our contact in Australia of their progress - peace of mind.

Golden Arrow who we shipped them with turned up in a little plumbers van totally not equipped to move 4 large bears, so we ended up taking 2 ourselves 180 mile round trip we were not impressed.

However the kennels did look nice so that was reassuring and Chris from Golden Arrow did apologise for the cock up!!!

We still haven't sold the house so me mum will look after that for us - but what the heck if we stay here we gotta pay the mortgage and if were there we gotta pay it so we decided to save on heating bills here and start our new life.

PSS booked so all systems go.

I am currently walking around my head reeling in all the stuff i gotta do/sort out/clean/cancel etc etc and i have constant butterflies in me tum.

The feeling is a bit like going for that job interview you really want and you know how your gut feels when you go through that!!!

Anyway thats enough of me i will update on our progress when we get there hope all of you just starting this process know what you are letting yourselves in for - Good Luck

Debs Steve 3 kids and 4 Newfoundlands xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old Sep 27th 2004, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Hi Debs,

Glad to hear your plans are still on track after a few horrible weeks for you all. Wow Oct 13th, you don't waste much time do you?

Keep us posted on how everything goes for you with flights, removals, dogs, etc.
Enjoy your new life,
CK
Old Sep 28th 2004, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CK2B
Hi Debs,

Glad to hear your plans are still on track after a few horrible weeks for you all. Wow Oct 13th, you don't waste much time do you?

Keep us posted on how everything goes for you with flights, removals, dogs, etc.
Enjoy your new life,
CK
hi

Yer the last few weeks have been awful but we had to make some decisions as the dogs were booked.

They are now basking in Sydney quarantine and doing fine the girls are so helpful there they even arranged for Willy to get sheep sheared - thats his name by the way !!!

Frantically packing now and sorting and kids have final check up at the dentists today, got immunisation records today as well from the docs.

We land 15th October and the kids start school 18th lol they thought they were on holiday hahahah!! best get them in the school system before the new school year

any way let you know how we get on with everything

regards

Debs