Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who is your Pop Idol?

View Poll Results: Who is your Pop Idol?
Michelle
27.03%
Mark
18.92%
Couldn't give a monkey's
40.54%
Pop Idol who?
13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Who is your Pop Idol?

Old Dec 18th 2003, 12:21 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Who is your Pop Idol?

As the excitement mounts for Saturday's final, I thought an ExPats poll might give us some indication of which way the vote wil go.

And yes, I am bored.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Am afraid to say that I am not impressed by either.
Although sam was alittle too much like Will Young, he was by far the most talented.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 12:28 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is your Pop Idol?

Originally posted by Pollster
As the excitement mounts for Saturday's final, I thought an ExPats poll might give us some indication of which way the vote wil go.

And yes, I am bored.

Ahem.. I thought you were refereing to the InTernational one on Boxing Day. Go Guy Go. If you want to emigrate to Oz, your first 'integrating into the culture' activity will be to vote for Guy Sebastian (the funny looking one with the big hair)
Old Dec 18th 2003, 12:33 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is your Pop Idol?

Originally posted by jayr
Ahem.. I thought you were refereing to the InTernational one on Boxing Day. Go Guy Go. If you want to emigrate to Oz, your first 'integrating into the culture' activity will be to vote for Guy Sebastian (the funny looking one with the big hair)
Fine by me!
Cos I'm not voting for the Dutch guy, Jamai!
He can sing, but for the rest, he's very annoying, argh.
He's the one with slightly more weight than the other ones, his trade mark glasses (has different ones all the time, glasses have become popular over here because of him apparently) and I think spikey hair.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 12:37 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Am afraid to say that I am not impressed by either.
Although sam was alittle too much like Will Young, he was by far the most talented.

I must agree that some of the talent about it has gone since Sam went, IMHO.

And I had forgotton about World Idol - ummm go Will go *yay*
Old Dec 18th 2003, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

chris fisher is an unknown quantity at this point

It's the saddest program I have ever seen and thank god i left the UK 3 years ago, if this is all there is to talk about there god help you....how about them trying to get contestants that can actually write songs and play instruments b4 the uk music industry runs out of songs fro these poor kids to cover .....
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by chris fisher
It's the saddest program I have ever seen and thank god i left the UK 3 years ago, if this is all there is to talk about there god help you....how about them trying to get contestants that can actually write songs and play instruments b4 the uk music industry runs out of songs fro these poor kids to cover .....
Actually, there is plenty more for us to talk about and if you don't want to join in - go away

Pollster, there was no 'I don't know' option, which is what I would have opted for. It's my 30th on saturday and Hubby's taking me to a swanky hotel, and I think I will definately be classed as sad if I sit in my room to watch it, but I did want to watch it to help make up my mind!

Never mind, I'll have to watch the repeat on ITV2!

Noodle
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Yep go Guy , mind i did like Shannon he is so gorgeous , but Guy is the singer i have to admit , so yep again go GUY
Joanne
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

tetley101 is an unknown quantity at this point

sam was clearly the best, and the fact he was from barnsley doesn't make me biased.

Michelle might win 'best voice competion' but an idol she aint
Old Dec 18th 2003, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michelle is okayish, but she sings through her nose and worse of all she has a tooth missing.
That drives me crackers.
Okay, be a rather large pop idol, but please no gaps in your gob.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:18 pm
WBB

is she still in it ?

i assume we are talking about the large scottish lady ?

Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep thats her, she doesnt half swing her a...e
Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:25 pm
WBB

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Yep thats her, she doesnt half swing her a...e
i have not seen pop idol since the first week and i must admit i did not think she would of got to the last two!!!

has she been getting the sympathy vote (rik waller syndrome) or can she actually sing.?

Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Just put a vote in for Mark, although Sam was my first choice. We were gutted when he didn't get through - he was so cute!

Not keen on Michelles voice a bit nasaly & warbly for my liking, although she has a strong presence.

Am I taking this too seriously???

Sandy

PS Last time I wanted Darius to win, he also came third. Hmmm, not very lucky, no wonder I never win the lottery!

Old Dec 18th 2003, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

i have voted for Mark, not because he is a good singer, but because he is a bit of a dish...yum, yum!!!

Seriously, the market is getting a bit thin now, none of them seemed good enough to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.