British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Who is your Pop Idol? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/who-your-pop-idol-197550/)

Pollster Dec 18th 2003 11:21 am

Who is your Pop Idol?

As the excitement mounts for Saturday's final, I thought an ExPats poll might give us some indication of which way the vote wil go.

And yes, I am bored.

S Oldfield Dec 18th 2003 11:27 am

Am afraid to say that I am not impressed by either.
Although sam was alittle too much like Will Young, he was by far the most talented.

jayr Dec 18th 2003 11:28 am

Re: Who is your Pop Idol?

Originally posted by Pollster
As the excitement mounts for Saturday's final, I thought an ExPats poll might give us some indication of which way the vote wil go.

And yes, I am bored.

Ahem.. I thought you were refereing to the InTernational one on Boxing Day. Go Guy Go. If you want to emigrate to Oz, your first 'integrating into the culture' activity will be to vote for Guy Sebastian (the funny looking one with the big hair)

Simone Dec 18th 2003 11:33 am

Re: Who is your Pop Idol?

Originally posted by jayr
Ahem.. I thought you were refereing to the InTernational one on Boxing Day. Go Guy Go. If you want to emigrate to Oz, your first 'integrating into the culture' activity will be to vote for Guy Sebastian (the funny looking one with the big hair)
Fine by me!
Cos I'm not voting for the Dutch guy, Jamai!
He can sing, but for the rest, he's very annoying, argh.
He's the one with slightly more weight than the other ones, his trade mark glasses (has different ones all the time, glasses have become popular over here because of him apparently) and I think spikey hair.

Pollster Dec 18th 2003 11:37 am

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Am afraid to say that I am not impressed by either.
Although sam was alittle too much like Will Young, he was by far the most talented.

I must agree that some of the talent about it has gone since Sam went, IMHO.

And I had forgotton about World Idol - ummm go Will go *yay*

chris fisher Dec 18th 2003 11:47 am

It's the saddest program I have ever seen and thank god i left the UK 3 years ago, if this is all there is to talk about there god help you....how about them trying to get contestants that can actually write songs and play instruments b4 the uk music industry runs out of songs fro these poor kids to cover .....

noodle Dec 18th 2003 12:52 pm

Originally posted by chris fisher
It's the saddest program I have ever seen and thank god i left the UK 3 years ago, if this is all there is to talk about there god help you....how about them trying to get contestants that can actually write songs and play instruments b4 the uk music industry runs out of songs fro these poor kids to cover .....
Actually, there is plenty more for us to talk about and if you don't want to join in - go away:p

Pollster, there was no 'I don't know' option, which is what I would have opted for. It's my 30th on saturday and Hubby's taking me to a swanky hotel, and I think I will definately be classed as sad if I sit in my room to watch it, but I did want to watch it to help make up my mind!

Never mind, I'll have to watch the repeat on ITV2!

Noodle:)

jopaulss Dec 18th 2003 12:57 pm

Yep go Guy , mind i did like Shannon he is so gorgeous , but Guy is the singer i have to admit , so yep again go GUY
Joanne

tetley101 Dec 18th 2003 1:17 pm

sam was clearly the best, and the fact he was from barnsley doesn't make me biased.

Michelle might win 'best voice competion' but an idol she aint

S Oldfield Dec 18th 2003 2:17 pm

Michelle is okayish, but she sings through her nose and worse of all she has a tooth missing.
That drives me crackers.
Okay, be a rather large pop idol, but please no gaps in your gob.

WBB Dec 18th 2003 3:18 pm

is she still in it ?

i assume we are talking about the large scottish lady ?

S Oldfield Dec 18th 2003 3:23 pm

Yep thats her, she doesnt half swing her a...e

WBB Dec 18th 2003 3:25 pm

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Yep thats her, she doesnt half swing her a...e
i have not seen pop idol since the first week and i must admit i did not think she would of got to the last two!!!

has she been getting the sympathy vote (rik waller syndrome) or can she actually sing.?

Sandy.l Dec 18th 2003 3:26 pm

Just put a vote in for Mark, although Sam was my first choice. We were gutted when he didn't get through - he was so cute!

Not keen on Michelles voice a bit nasaly & warbly for my liking, although she has a strong presence.

Am I taking this too seriously???

Sandy

PS Last time I wanted Darius to win, he also came third. Hmmm, not very lucky, no wonder I never win the lottery!

:)

tinaj Dec 18th 2003 5:20 pm

i have voted for Mark, not because he is a good singer, but because he is a bit of a dish...yum, yum!!!

Seriously, the market is getting a bit thin now, none of them seemed good enough to me.