Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who was your best flight with?

View Poll Results: who was your best flight with?
Qantas
9.38%
B.A.
7.81%
Emirates
17.19%
Singapore
39.06%
other
26.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

who was your best flight with?

Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:44 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default who was your best flight with?

thought it may be a good idea to do a poll on something useful for a change:

So who was your best flight with?

Last edited by Sheff_Sparky; Apr 14th 2008 at 2:46 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:57 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who was your best flight with?

Virgin all the way for me. Granted I've only used Virgin and BA but I wouldn't go BA again. Apart from the smelly planes and rubbish food, these days you don't know if you'll take off at all or end up in an emergency landing!

Therese
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

hi just thought i would do my bit KateEmirates
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by RedT
Virgin all the way for me. Granted I've only used Virgin and BA but I wouldn't go BA again. Apart from the smelly planes and rubbish food, these days you don't know if you'll take off at all or end up in an emergency landing!

Therese
forgot about them.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by jimandkate
hi just thought i would do my bit KateEmirates
thanks, the more the merrier.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

BA - but we did get upgraded to business on a flight to New York (the flight had only cost us £99) It was the best £99 I have ever spent!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

kathmand194 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
thought it may be a good idea to do a poll on something useful for a change:

So who was your best flight with?

Have used a few Western long haul airlines and a few of the cheaper Asian companies and would say Quantas has been as good as I have had.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Malaysian are one of the major airlines flying to Australia but they are not on the list?

They are also one of the best.

Cathay are not on there either.....or Thai.......

G
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
Malaysian are one of the major airlines flying to Australia but they are not on the list?

They are also one of the best.

Cathay are not on there either.....or Thai.......

G
because I dont know the names of all the bloody airlines! which is why there is an option called "other".

And if you are going to use it, state who it was so the rest of know.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:00 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
because I dont know the names of all the bloody airlines! which is why there is an option called "other".

And if you are going to use it, state who it was so the rest of know.
OK....IMO Malaysian are by far the best. Similar to Singapore but with much more legroom.

Cathay also have more legroom than most.

Singapore probably come in about third.

G
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Malaysian.....................so far..........flown on Ba and Qantas - both distinctly average - Emirates I thought were worse, flying on Singapore in 6 weeks for first time and expect them to be the best as per most reviews..
Back in 94 flew Garuda and hands down they were the dirtiest planes I ever saw. Even the pre flight safety thing on TV didn't work Still they got us to London and back......just!
DTP
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Voted Qantas, but its close between them and Cathay
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:35 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

United

Flown with them a couple of times, always had good service and once even got upgrade to business.

Followed closely by Singapore and Virgin
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:38 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Malaysian. By the far the best product value for money wise in all cabins.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

No airline has totally impressed me so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.