Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who would you recommend to ship a cat over to OZ?

Who would you recommend to ship a cat over to OZ?

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all
Default Who would you recommend to ship a cat over to OZ?

Can anyone recommend any companies that ship cats over to OZ please?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

LoPants is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who would you recommend to ship a cat over to OZ?

Hi Ozzy 7

We are using Golden Arrow to ship our 2 cats over, and it is costing £1468.00, but that does not include quarintine fees. We have chosen them because they have had very good rightups on this website.
Where are you heading?
We are heading for Newcastle area, so Yazz and Enya will be staying at the Sydney Qaurintine station, which again has had very good reports on this sight.

Good luck
Sarah
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Thanks for the info, were heading to Perth and just have the 1 cat to take.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:19 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We are using Airpets to ship our cat to Oz. £863 plus the quarantine fees.

When I spoke to Byford (the Perth quarantine station) they said that most of the pets they receive are shipped by Airpets.

Airpets have been very helpful. Our cat travels tomorrow.

www.airpets.co.uk

Gina
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:37 am
Just Joined

The Fletchers is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Who would you recommend to ship a cat over to OZ?

Hi - we are also using Golden Arrow. We have two cats who are flying out on 19.11.07 and have been quoted £1569 ( excluding quarantine fees ). We were originally going to use Airpets but the estimator who came to give us a shipping quote from John Mason told me to get in touch with Golden Arrow as he thought they had the slight edge on Airpets. After speaking with Steve Read from the compay I felt quite comfortable using them - when I placed the booking it was during the postal strike and he didn't make an issue of the fact the deposit could be delayed, just said we could sort the finances out at a later stage. Have had a few conversations with him since as one of my cats has a digestive disorder and is on a prescription diet and up till now I am happy with the move.
As we are moving to Brisbane, Jasper and Levi will be in quarantine in Sydney and will need to have another flight when they come out - has anyone used either Transpet ( quote $298 ) or Pet Carriers ( $394.90 ) as internal carriers - I'd be interested to hear their views.
Good luck with the move.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

grevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of light

We used Airpets for our 2 cats and all went OK, even when one of the cats was taken ill the day before they were due to fly.

Airpets simply rescheduled, and the kennel staff were helpful and reassuring when we were worried. The cats quarantined in Melbourne for 30 days, where they were fine, and we could visit them most days for a couple of hours if we wished.

Good luck with your plans.

Grevillia.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:45 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
Can anyone recommend any companies that ship cats over to OZ please?
If we ship our cat Gordon, we will use Ryslip Kennels who have quoted us £887.28

Tel: + 44 (0) 1344 424144
Fax: + 44 (0) 1344 861460
e-mail: [email protected]
www.ryslip.com

Whatever company you use, please check that they are not using Australian Air Express to transport your pets once in Australia - see thread below. You can check with your UK company about this.

I have checked with Ryslip kennels and informed them of this incident and they have said that if AAE are on their list of transporters then they will be crossed off.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488730
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:13 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Whatever company you use, please check that they are not using Australian Air Express to transport your pets once in Australia - see thread below.

I have checked with Ryslip kennels and informed them of this incident and they have said that if AAE are on their list of transporters then they will be crossed off.
Ryslip Kennels will have no influence on who the baggage/freight handlers are at the Australian airport.

If the cat flies with Quantas and if Quantas have a baggage/freight handling contract with AAE at the destination airport, then AAE will be transporting your cat from the aircraft to the customs/AQIS area - Ryslip Kennels won't be able to influence that.

Ryslip Kennel can only choose which company carries your cat after it has cleared customs/AQIS to the quarantine station.

Gina
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:16 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Ryslip Kennels will have no influence on who the baggage/freight handlers are at the Australian airport.

If the cat flies with Quantas and if Quantas have a baggage/freight handling contract with AAE at the destination airport, then AAE will be transporting your cat from the aircraft to the customs/AQIS area - Ryslip Kennels won't be able to influence that.

Ryslip Kennel can only choose which company carries your cat after it has cleared customs/AQIS to the quarantine station.

Gina

Gina, I don't suppose you know how we could tell what airlines Gordon will be flying with?

All I know is that the export company quoted via Singapore to Perth?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Gina, I don't suppose you know how we could tell what airlines Gordon will be flying with?

All I know is that the export company quoted via Singapore to Perth?
Well, our cat is being shipped with Airpets. When they sent me the invoice it told me clearly that she would fly with Quantas, and the flight number and the times of departure and arrival. Our cat is also going to Perth via Singapore. She is leaving today and arriving tomorrow.

Anything going London Heathrow via Singapore to Perth is likely to be Quantas (only Singapore Airlines and Quantas/BA fly this route).

But I have no idea if Quantas in Perth use AAE.

Gina
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:36 am

Well, our cat is being shipped with Airpets. When they sent me the invoice it told me clearly that she would fly with Quantas, and the flight number and the times of departure and arrival. Our cat is also going to Perth via Singapore. She is leaving today and arriving tomorrow.

Anything going London Heathrow via Singapore to Perth is likely to be Quantas (only Singapore Airlines and Quantas/BA fly this route).

But I have no idea if Quantas in Perth use AAE.

Gina
Oh my God.

I am going to try and find out.

Thanks for that Gina.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are using Airpets to ship our cat to Oz. £863 plus the quarantine fees.

When I spoke to Byford (the Perth quarantine station) they said that most of the pets they receive are shipped by Airpets.

Airpets have been very helpful. Our cat travels tomorrow.

www.airpets.co.uk

Gina

Ive just been quoted £1468.00 for my cat to fly with Airpets!!!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:12 pm

I have booked Ryslip pet export for my Gordon, Ive paid £125 deposit and the rest gets paid next March.

The Vet I trained under knows them well and speaks highly of them so thats good enough for me.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:32 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to read this.............
Meet the SNAKE that got the cream ... or the cat in this case.

Cairns resident January Clay got the shock of her life when she saw her fully-grown cat disappearing down the throat of the 3m python.

She had let the cat outside about 5.30am on Wednesday morning and when she went to check on it 30 minutes later made the gruesome discovery.

.....................................mm
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by mr mover
You might want to read this.............
Meet the SNAKE that got the cream ... or the cat in this case.

Cairns resident January Clay got the shock of her life when she saw her fully-grown cat disappearing down the throat of the 3m python.

She had let the cat outside about 5.30am on Wednesday morning and when she went to check on it 30 minutes later made the gruesome discovery.

.....................................mm
I firmly believe that if cats are going to be exported to Australia then they should either remain indoor cats or confined to a pen/cat proof garden.

Im afraid I have no sympathy with owners who allow their cats to catch wildlife and then either say 'my cat is too lazy to do that' or they simply don't care, then if their cat does become local wildlife 'lunch' - they complain about it.

They say its nature for a cat to chase birds etc but when nature gets its own back, its a different story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.