Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who would you like to live next door too off this forum

who would you like to live next door too off this forum

Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default who would you like to live next door too off this forum

Can you imagine if we all ended up in the same street in oz. who would you like as your neighbour??????????I would say for me pollyanna , she is the sensible one and very positive.....Jan Hutchy
Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Quite a few would be good as we have met so many of you , but i would have to say Dianeoz , we have a few suburbs between so in the same street would be great , would save my phone bill , shes a head case , in a nice way
Joanne
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welsh boy billy as he has a good sense of humour and seems to be easy to get on with

booboo
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Jan Hutchy, I'm really flattered! ! I do make a point of trying to be positive - after all we only have one shot at life so why be miserable. And I guess most of the time I'm fairly sensible - don't like to jump in with both feet, but I'll weigh everything up carefully.

I would have real problems choosing one neighbour; I suppose top of the list would be - Mrs Dagboy - very down to earth, tells it as it is, and has an excellent sense of humour (plus we'd get lots of eggs, but might be landed with babysitting:scared: )
....; has helped me settle in to Brisbane life too. Tinaj - we get on really well, on and off the forum, and I'm looking forward to her moving to the Sunshine Coast, not too far away, and Footie Chick, who sends me cards and daft emails and really makes me laugh - another friend I am looking forward to bein reunited with soon!
But then theres Welshboybilly, to give me a touch of Cymru, as well as a mad sense of humour; Whisky, who will hopefully be back online soon and who has shared many experiences and emotions with me over the last few months, Booboo, Jaykay, Hevs, Wizzywozza, and all the others I hope to meet one day.....

Oh god, what a choice, and I hate offending people so I think we'll just have to get one of those complexes with a pool in the centre and then we can all meet up together!!

Brilliant idea for a thread - I shall check it in the morning and see what the UK-ites have come up with.......
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Pollyana that is kind of you to say. Difficult one this!!

I have made so many friends through this site it would be hard to choose, ie we end up in Queensland then Pollyana, Tinaj, Carrianne, Prestons, Earlswood and Mrs Dagboy for a wicked sense of humour to name a few.

H in Melbourne and not forgetting my dear friend Abergas in Perth.

Sorry if i have left anyone out it has not been intentional, at this rate we will have to build our own town.

footie chick xx
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

I would have to say nosuchluck (Rach) as she does'nt live too far from me now and after the email she sent me sounds like we share alot of things in common too
Oh and WWB so i can get him drunk on port and baileys

Claire
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:47 pm
WBB

what a great thread!

well looks like i got booboo one side and polly the other got to be happy with that.

there are so many good "friends" on here that it would be easier to say who i would not like to live next to.........

Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:51 pm
Badge

I would like Dotty around the corner as she has a wicked sense of humour, and shes knows her stuff!!!! which doesn't allways come over well on expats.

If I had the Dagboys on one side, (for local info!) and then a toss up between Pollyanna, Tina, and hev.

Boys for having beers with, borrow tools would be Cnj, WBB, Terryg, (cnj as he's really funny).

Wouldn't want to turn the whole street in to a pommie ghetto though!

Badge

Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:54 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: who would you like to live next door too off this forum

Originally posted by hutchy
Can you imagine if we all ended up in the same street in oz. who would you like as your neighbour??????????I would say for me pollyanna , she is the sensible one and very positive.....Jan Hutchy

Owieb to the left, and Renth to the right. Renth is very positive about Oz and Qwieb always seems to be naked!!??? Dianeoz and Jopaulss across the road and next door but one Jurrapin so we could share our thoughts about Perth.
Dotty at the top of the street to keep us all in order, and Ceri at the other end. Round the bend, to the left a bit there would be BP -WBB - Mrs D - Pollyanna all sharing the top floor of a penthouse suite.

Not forgetting PB and Wilf to add a bit more spice. Blimey it would be better than Coronation Street!!!!!!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:54 pm
Badge

none of you would want me anywhere near you as I would be polishing my Wb ute outside every Sunday, devaluing your homes, kicking a ball around in the yard, and most probably having an Aussie style blue with Mrs B all the time at all hours, and having the local rugby team over for BBQs.

Badge

Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:58 pm
Badge

I'm going to miss my current next door neighbour who gives me no end of entertainment by doing the ironing topless.

Too much time at home, I'm afraid.

Badge

Old Dec 11th 2003, 1:00 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by badgersmount
I'm going to miss my current next door neighbour who gives me no end of entertainment by doing the ironing topless.

Too much time at home, I'm afraid.

Badge

What Badge forgot to tell you all is that his neighbour is MALE!!!:scared:

lol lol lol
Old Dec 11th 2003, 1:08 pm
Badge

yeah.

I find it shocking that he does it. I have to stand and stare to believe he has got the iron out.

In fact, SHE (across the way) and I do it together - I love ironing, find it theurapeutic, and I don't 'trust' anyone else to do it to the standard I want. So the ironing is my chore in the household, along with the washing up, making the bread, and a curry on Friday night.

B

Old Dec 11th 2003, 1:12 pm
home again, home again

Originally posted by badgersmount
yeah.

In fact, SHE (across the way) and I do it together - I love ironing, find it theurapeutic
B
What!

You do the ironing 'together' while she is topless, or you do the ironing from your house looking at her, in her house whilst she is topless!???
Old Dec 11th 2003, 1:23 pm
Badge

"or you do the ironing from your house looking at her, in her house whilst she is topless!???" yes.

the first time, Mrs B was there and she noticed - she got me on to it. They have just moved in to the flat opposite and have no curtains. They look at us, we look at them, its a little joke we have. We have other neighbioyrs that watch us. Last week I got out of bed, as you do, was walking around the flat, happened to glance out the window - we have blinds, no nets, and the other next door neighbour was having a smoko out of her window, 20 m away, and got an eyeful. I didn't know where to look.

we live in a kind of 'square', flats all round.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.