Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who would you have to ship your belongings?

Who would you have to ship your belongings?

Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough
Default Who would you have to ship your belongings?

We are looking to ship our stuff soon, so I want to ask all who have or will be shortly, who would you have to ship your belongings?

Allied Pickfords

Britannia

Crown

Dolphin

Doree Boner

John Mason
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who would you have to ship your belongings?

Originally Posted by andym79
We are looking to ship our stuff soon, so I want to ask all who have or will be shortly, who would you have to ship your belongings?

Allied Pickfords

Britannia

Crown

Dolphin

Doree Boner

John Mason
Hi there
We will be using Crown when we ship our stuff. They seemed a lot more professional when they came to quote and also they have an office in Brisbane, where we are heading.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:01 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

This thread documents our excellent experiences with John Mason. Crown were 50% more than anyone else, claimed they offered a better service but from reading posts by others on this forum I'm not convinced they do.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474957

Buzzy
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
This thread documents our excellent experiences with John Mason. Crown were 50% more than anyone else, claimed they offered a better service but from reading posts by others on this forum I'm not convinced they do.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474957

Buzzy
Thanks for that info Buzzy, perhaps we will have to get a quote from them, (I will have to check if they have a branch near us). Crown were more expensive than our other quote, but they agreed to lower the price considerably after some discussions.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Thanks for that info Buzzy, perhaps we will have to get a quote from them, (I will have to check if they have a branch near us). Crown were more expensive than our other quote, but they agreed to lower the price considerably after some discussions.
Robinsons

Lynsey Tonge

Move Manager

Robinsons International Removals Ltd

Blackett Road

Darlington

County Durham

DL1 2BJ

United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 1325 348703

Fax: +44 (0) 1325 348777

We have Lynsey as our move manager and she is great. Try Robinsons
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:17 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

I used Sevenseas worldwide

door to door service, was the cheapest I could find but also excellent service.

Collected on time..

Delievered at the other end early (in less than 7 weeks).

I had some items that were valuable to me, including a Les Paul guitar and some art-work.... everything arrived in PERFECT condition, there was not a mark or crease in any of the boxes and nothing borken (even the mirrors and paintings, framed pictures were perfect)....

They sent me email updates at the major steps (ie, when the ship left, when it arrived and with an expected delivery date) and had online tracking so you could keep up with exactly where your stuff was....

I would highly recommend them to anyone.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

surf n turf is an unknown quantity at this point

Still looking for the same thing.

The post by Buzzy is fantastic at last someone who has done it right..a photo is worth a 1000 words...you should do weddings

Looks like John Mason did for you guys, next step is to get a buyer for the house. Anyone want 4 bed semi (with or without sitting kids)
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:23 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andym79

Allied Pickfords

Britannia

Crown

Dolphin

Doree Boner

John Mason

John Mason's.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Crown were the cheapest for us did have to negotiate on price a lot though. £3,050 for a full 20ft container door to door.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Robinsons

Lynsey Tonge

Move Manager

Robinsons International Removals Ltd

Blackett Road

Darlington

County Durham

DL1 2BJ

United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 1325 348703

Fax: +44 (0) 1325 348777

We have Lynsey as our move manager and she is great. Try Robinsons
Thanks very much for that information.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 2:58 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

We are going with john masons. had quotes from the following

pss....too dear

allied pickfords think they under quoted

robinsons...didnt bother to send quote then when did went to wrong person when finally got it opening email said pert..we are goin adelaide and they forgot storage so if they cant even get quote right what they gonna do with our stuff??:curse:

john mason..great price...bloke who surveyed us did the on the floor job been in business for 37 years and they were very professional plus second cheapest
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

A couple of things. Firstly Crown and John Mason couldn't be bothered to come to our part of this little island. We only live 9 miles from a major A road!

Secondly what address do you give them for OZ as we don't currently have one, would a storage companies address do?