Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who would live in a house like this ?

Who would live in a house like this ?

Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who would live in a house like this ?

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
The online advertisement:

Block Size: 589m2

Building size: Approx. 325 m2
Source.

Which is simply ridiculous.

I had a quarter-acre block back home, and wouldn't settle for anything less.

Can I just say....I don't take some posts on this thread as being too friendly to be honest.

I repect everyone has their own opinion but not everyone can afford what some may be able to afford, including qtr acre plots and some folks have to live in certain areas due to their circumstances and need certain style houses to fit their family....which may be at odds to what you like....no need to rub it in that you'd never settle in something so small.

You seem to need a place with loadsa space ....is it to avoid anyone getting too near you ?

There..........rant over and now I feel better. I'm going to read other threads now not this one any more.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
LOL, fair play to ya mate; I prefer an older place with more character and a block with a decent amount of leibensraum.

Can't really see the point of buying a tiny little block and swamping it with a thumping great Yank-style barn.
At least it has eaves! They aren't following that recent god awful trend of building these montrosities with no eaves. And thereby saddling the owners with horrendous and mounting fuel bills to cool it in Summer and warm it in Winter. Not very bright building.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 4:03 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
I might if I had the dosh !
If you want to know where and how much pm me
Isn't that a "McMansion" ?. A big new house with no character ?.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I repect everyone has their own opinion but not everyone can afford what some may be able to afford, including qtr acre plots and some folks have to live in certain areas due to their circumstances and need certain style houses to fit their family....which may be at odds to what you like....no need to rub it in that you.
You can say it. Small? People aren't saying the house is small. It is big enough for most families. I think some of us are saying that for x amount of money, and with the consideration to the lifestyle we have come for, that we would rather have the land size than the house size. That will give you the seperation you need from the neighbours.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:31 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Didnt any one like the Tassie house I put up??
I did! I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Location isn't what we're planning (in UK, hubbie from NZ!), but with the blue carpets gone, the carpet taken off the decking ( ) and a bit of paint, this is my dream house!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:36 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just say....I don't take some posts on this thread as being too friendly to be honest.
Agree. Wouldn't say it was deliberate, but I can see your point.

As long as you are happy with your home, that's all that counts.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:33 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
I did! I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Location isn't what we're planning (in UK, hubbie from NZ!), but with the blue carpets gone, the carpet taken off the decking ( ) and a bit of paint, this is my dream house!
The carpets are a mare arent they I'd just be happy living on the decking area
Old Feb 26th 2006, 11:06 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
The carpets are a mare arent they I'd just be happy living on the decking area
Shall I check it out for you Possums when Im down there at Easter & send you some live webcam footage or something?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 12:42 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Shall I check it out for you Possums when Im down there at Easter & send you some live webcam footage or something?
LOL yeah go and have a viewing for me see how long its been on the market etc

dont think I'll be able to talk OH round though, he says we are not spending that much, so get it out of your head right now